PDA

View Full Version : Another Arizona POTN get together (3)?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

lilminijpc
10th of September 2009 (Thu), 23:13
Sedona got crushed todayby 3" of rain

:shock: dude send some this way!!!

FlyingPhotog
10th of September 2009 (Thu), 23:19
:shock: dude send some this way!!!

As if I have any control? :lol:

BamPhoto
10th of September 2009 (Thu), 23:50
Five shots hand held............walk out in the driveway, shot two sets EC, walked back in spent 5 minutes on it, posted here....
As far as Sedona the sooner the better for me, during the week is fine, have plenty of camping gear also, Motel not out of the question either.

Cool shot Randy.

How many shots? Was this hand held or windy? Looks like there's some movement in the trees.

Erich in Az
10th of September 2009 (Thu), 23:59
@ Erich, I really like the Jail & the Train shots! :) Are you using Photomatix to PP your photos?

Sorry it took so long to reply.

That was done with Lightroom. I do a little PS work, but have just fell back to using LR for most things. I love the presets. :cool:

FlyingPhotog
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 00:04
Okay.... so...input requested.

You already know the 10th is no good for me but I think the 17th could work.

I'd also be up for a weekday shoot as well.

FWIW, I know I've seen pros doing family sessions strobist style at RRCSP.

I think if we went in in onsies and twosies and dissapeared back somewhere along the river it wouldn't be a big deal. If we went marching in as a group of 10 or something with stands, lights, etc, it might garner some notice but I don't know what the regs are regarding "commerical" photography.

Of course, if it's all TFP, then it's not really commercial is it?

disneydork06
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 00:27
I'm way behind as usual...

Great shots Jeremy and Jay.... Randy I like clouds in the HDR image. I've only played around with HDR a little. Pretty cool looking.

Okay.... so...input requested.

Jay and I shot up at Red Rock Crossing on Tuesday.... what we learned.

1. Have to shoot from 3-8 in the afternoon/evening. With the sunset the mountains will look amazing. Morning shots are not the best as they are in the dark and the sun is so strong....
2. The place is going to fill up with people.
3. The water is going to be really cold... it was cold while we were there and I'm not sure if we have a model or models they will get in the water. Not a huge issue as there are some really nice places to shoot outside the water.
4. Proposed dates... would a weekday be out of the question to avoid a ton of people?
5. Proposed dates.... 10th or the 17th both are Saturdays.

This is all that I have now... let me know what you think. We are far enough out to make changes to have a nice gathering.

Hatch
if you could find a willing subject maybe try and do a trash the dress shoot?

FlyingPhotog
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 00:29
if you could find a willing subject maybe try and do a trash the dress shoot?

Good Idea! The model wouldn't necessarily even need to get fully in the water. Nice white dress on red dusty rocks would get trashed pretty quick too!

disneydork06
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 00:41
Good Idea! The model wouldn't necessarily even need to get fully in the water. Nice white dress on red dusty rocks would get trashed pretty quick too!
I'm sure if someone went to a savers we can find a cheap dress...unless the person had one they would like to use.

Kamrie
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 01:00
Thank you. :) We've actually been getting some weather like that every day for a week!! It's been real nice.

What!? Where the heck do you live!? lol I've only got 1 MAYBE 2 days of rain this summer @ my house... :(

jbdavies
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 01:01
What!? Where the heck do you live!? lol I've only got 1 MAYBE 2 days of rain this summer @ my house... :(
Payson. :p

Kamrie
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 01:03
Payson. :p

:( don't brag. haha

FlyingPhotog
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 01:04

Ever been there? Braggin' ain't the first word that comes to mind... :p

Kamrie
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 01:07

LOL... yeah I guess if you live there.... but still, Phoenix needs to rain, or I think we might all evaporate.... :)

FlyingPhotog
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 01:08
LOL... yeah I guess if you live there.... but still, Phoenix needs to rain, or I think we might all evaporate.... :)

I think one of the Weatherguessers mentioned this is heading towards being the 7th or 8th driest "Monsoon" on record. :(

Kamrie
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 01:11
I think one of the Weatherguessers mentioned this is heading towards being the 7th or 8th driest "Monsoon" on record. :(

I am not surprised one bit. This summer has been a nasty one. :( "weatherguesser" hahah that's too funny.

FlyingPhotog
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 01:13
I am not surprised one bit. This summer has been a nasty one. :( "weatherguesser" hahah that's too funny.

At least the uber heat has been relatively short. This year, we were still only in the high 80s / low 90s by the end of May. Last year we were over 110 for 35 days or so... Now that was nasty.

disneydork06
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 01:28
At least the uber heat has been relatively short. This year, we were still only in the high 80s / low 90s by the end of May. Last year we were over 110 for 35 days or so... Now that was nasty.
yeah, the summer I take off for Orlando we get a "mild" summer. I miss the early/mid 90s here when we got lots of rain and flooding at my school.

jbdavies
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 02:05

You're just jealous. ;)

Good things about Payson:

Perfect Weather just about year round.
No traffic (except for weekends when all you valley people come up here, another hint)
Less crime (though, we do still get our fair share)
Less stupid people (because the population is smaller :p )
In the center of the state, so it's never too far to travel anywhere
Tons and tons of hiking/biking/quading/off-roading trails in our "back yard"
Hatch doesn't live up here. :lol: :lol: I'm totally kidding... of course. :)

Dean Rachwitz
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 17:17
Niiice macro pics Hatch. Thanks for the setup info - thought you were going to tell me you had the Ranger all set up and somehow all these beautiful creatures just flew in and landed in front of your lens some how.

Gorgeous landscape pics Jeremy! Of course you know that one of yours that you submitted to the fair is hanging on my wall. Very nice.

NEWS FLASH! New glass in the Rachwitz bag. Picked up a Sigma 10-20 yesterday. Expect all kinds of ultra-wide angle goodness from me...just as soon as I figger out how to use it. LOL

FlyingPhotog
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 17:28
You're just jealous. ;)

Closer to the truth than you know... :D

NEWS FLASH! New glass in the Rachwitz bag. Picked up a Sigma 10-20 yesterday. Expect all kinds of ultra-wide angle goodness from me...just as soon as I figger out how to use it. LOL

Watch where your feet are when you tilt down. :lol:

disneydork06
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 18:38
Niiice macro pics Hatch. Thanks for the setup info - thought you were going to tell me you had the Ranger all set up and somehow all these beautiful creatures just flew in and landed in front of your lens some how.

Gorgeous landscape pics Jeremy! Of course you know that one of yours that you submitted to the fair is hanging on my wall. Very nice.

sweet, ultra wide. call me and we will shoot at the top of thunderbird mountain...if you're up for a hike :-)

Kristy
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 20:16
Peek....... Geez I'm so far behind it's pathetic.....

HI guys and gals!! Lovely images posted by Jeremy, Hatch and Jay.... :) I really would love to have a macro lens so Hatch could teach me to take bug photos...

Slowly catching up from the trip to Chicago. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go out and shoot the city.. I'm so bummed because I fell in love with the city there.. Must go back again for photos... lol...

Hope everyone is doing well.... :)

http://ksnyderphoto.smugmug.com/photos/636951441_WZsSv-XL.jpg

jbdavies
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 20:21
*Is really jealous*

The Canon 10-22 is on my list to get. It's the equivalent to the 16-24 for crop sensors.

Closer to the truth than you know...
Lots of homes for sale up here.... ;) :lol:

HI guys and gals!! Lovely images posted by Jeremy, Hatch and Jay.... :) I really would love to have a macro lens so Hatch could teach me to take bug photos...

Slowly catching up from the trip to Chicago. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go out and shoot the city.. I'm so bummed because I fell in love with the city there.. Must go back again for photos... lol...

Great shot Kristy. :) You can use my macro on the outing if you'd like... I never use it. :lol:

jbdavies
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 20:22
OH!

So, went to the little fair today... the Horton Creek shot got "Best of Class". Zan Xavier (or whatever) got Second Place. 'Rim Lightning' one didn't get anything. :( lol Oh well...

Lots of great photos though. Lots of talent up here. :)

FlyingPhotog
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 22:36
Kristy can buy my 100mm if she'd like...

Kristy
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 22:40

Yes, yes yes!! I will.. . How long can i make payments to you... ? lol.,

Do you need a back up copy of 85mm for trade... or... an old kit lens... or maybe.. .hmmmmm what can I trade you for...?

Dean Rachwitz
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 23:01
sweet, ultra wide. call me and we will shoot at the top of thunderbird mountain...if you're up for a hike :-)

Let's do it! What time can you haul your butt outta bed? I'm up around 5. Say, you wouldn't wanna drive me out to Surprise to pick up a bike, would ya? Breakfast on me?

disneydork06
11th of September 2009 (Fri), 23:13
Let's do it! What time can you haul your butt outta bed? I'm up around 5. Say, you wouldn't wanna drive me out to Surprise to pick up a bike, would ya? Breakfast on me?
when? I have a vball tourny tomorrow which we have to be at the school at 7 for first game at 730...am...this one is gonna hurt.
anyways, if not that day then yes I could

jbdavies
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 00:01
Star Trails? (http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090911/sc_space/agreatweektoseethemilkyway)

Would be a great night for some star trails... or just star gazing. =)

lilminijpc
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 01:36
gonna try to pick up the new 100mm macro L USM lens that will be coming out?

OH!

So, went to the little fair today... the Horton Creek shot got "Best of Class". Zan Xavier (or whatever) got Second Place. 'Rim Lightning' one didn't get anything. lol Oh well...

Lots of great photos though. Lots of talent up here.
Congrats!!!

@ kristy, very cute!! :)

FlyingPhotog
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 01:50

Lovely Little Lady Kristy!

Yes, yes yes!! I will.. . How long can i make payments to you... ? lol.,

Do you need a back up copy of 85mm for trade... or... an old kit lens... or maybe.. .hmmmmm what can I trade you for...?

Hmmm... Lemme get back to you on this. <Evil Laugh>

gonna try to pick up the new 100mm macro L USM lens that will be coming out?

Don't really think so. I'd put the funds toward new filters probably. Not happy with my Cokins so I'm considering getting some Lee Hard and Soft-edged ND instead.

jbdavies
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 01:52
I'd put the funds toward new filters probably. Not happy with my Cokins so I'm considering getting some Lee Hard and Soft-edged ND instead.
I just bought the soft edged ones. Should be here Wednesday!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

FlyingPhotog
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 01:55
I just bought the soft edged ones. Should be here Wednesday!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Did you get the .3 .6 and .9?

I wanna see samples ASAP man!! :lol:

jbdavies
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 01:57
I did. Plus the cleaner, and that nifty little holder thing!!

I plan on going out when I get them. Just gotta find a good place to test them out.

FlyingPhotog
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 02:05
I did. Plus the cleaner, and that nifty little holder thing!!

I plan on going out when I get them. Just gotta find a good place to test them out.

Hmmm...

How about sunset from the rim? ;)

Can you do me a favor and measure them H x W when you get them. I think the ones you got are the same size as the Cokin and will fit the Cokin holder but I'd like to know the actual dimensions if you don't mind?

jbdavies
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 02:09
Hmmm...

How about sunset from the rim? ;)

Can you do me a favor and measure them H x W when you get them. I think the ones you got are the same size as the Cokin and will fit the Cokin holder but I'd like to know the actual dimensions if you don't mind?
Hmmmm... that's a possibility. lol

And sure... for a fee. :p

FlyingPhotog
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 02:09
Hmmmm... that's a possibility. lol

And sure... for a fee. :p

A Cookie?

(I liked you better when you just a starving newbie) :p

jbdavies
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 02:12
A Cookie?

(I liked you better when you just a starving newbie) :p
HAHAHAHA!! I love cookies!!!!!!

Rutha73
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 10:48
Not happy with my Cokins so I'm considering getting some Lee Hard and Soft-edged ND instead.

I have been looking at some of those filters, and noticed that Lee has 3 different materials they make them out of. Polyester, resin and glass. which ones did you guys go with? Iam assuming glass is the best? they are the most expensive tho.

Rutha73
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 18:38
wow, no posts all day? Did I kill this thread? http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/couch.gif

Blue-J
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 19:26
Yes. :D

jbdavies
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 19:26
I have been looking at some of those filters, and noticed that Lee has 3 different materials they make them out of. Polyester, resin and glass. which ones did you guys go with? Iam assuming glass is the best? they are the most expensive tho.
The ones I just ordered are Resin filters. I have no idea what the difference are between them, besides the material. :p lol

@ Jay - I just got the Adorama filter holder... freaken huge! Are the filters going to be that large? Jeeze. lol

lilminijpc
12th of September 2009 (Sat), 21:57
HAHAHAHA!! I love cookies!!!!!!
hehe... me too!!! :D:D:D

wow, no posts all day? Did I kill this thread? http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/couch.gif
maybe everyone went mia for the weekend? ;)

FlyingPhotog
13th of September 2009 (Sun), 14:51
I'd say Jake killed it, yep...

disneydork06
13th of September 2009 (Sun), 16:38
I'd say Jake killed it, yep...
I like to think i've been missing in action...since the summer started

BamPhoto
13th of September 2009 (Sun), 18:30
Thread killer!

jbdavies
13th of September 2009 (Sun), 23:37
Got bored, so I revisited some old shots of mine and re-edited them.

Old:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/738c5f2b.jpg

New:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/e4f540d1.jpg

This is one of the first shots I took with my DSLR.

Az2Africa
14th of September 2009 (Mon), 01:15
Hey everyone. There sure is a lot going on here these days! Lots of great work. I've been working too many hours to stop by here very often. I haven't gotten out much to shoot location stuff, but have done some fine art nudes for some ladies up here.(No releases to post though)
I'm headed back to Kenya on Oct. 17th and have rented a Land Rover for a 2 week self-drive trip into a couple of the harder to reach parks. I orderd a 7D to back up the 5D MkII. I was told I should have it before I leave. We'll see. If it arrives in time for the trip, I'll let you know what I think of it. The 40D will be sold when I get back.
Keep posting and happy shooting!
Terry

Rutha73
14th of September 2009 (Mon), 18:40
Oh good! we got some activity! :D Jeremy, IMHO I like the first edit better. I think with all those snags in the waterfall the darker edit sets a better mood for that pic. Terry, sounds fun! I will be looking forward to what you think of the D7!
ETA: ha ha, i mean 7D (didn't mean to put it in Nikonese!)

JmprSteve
14th of September 2009 (Mon), 18:46
Oh good! we got some activity! :D Jeremy, IMHO I like the first edit better. I think with all those snags in the waterfall the darker edit sets a better mood for that pic. Terry, sounds fun! I will be looking forward to what you think of the D7!

Jeremy, I have to agree with Jake I like the first image better.

Terry - have fun in Africa and hopefully you'll get the 7D in time for the trip!

FlyingPhotog
14th of September 2009 (Mon), 20:33
I just had the weirdest dream... I dreamt that Terry stopped by and posted. Is that bizarre or what? :lol:

Good to see you here Terry. Hope your next adventure goes well and that you really wring out the 7D.

@ Jeremy: I'm on the fence with this one. There's definately more "pop" in the re-edit but I think maybe you went just a skosh too far with it. Dial it back just a little.

I give you all the new and improved Duck Spin cycle:
http://upload.pbase.com/image/117289219/original.jpg

jbdavies
14th of September 2009 (Mon), 20:33
Thanks for the feedback. I still can't make up my mind which one I like better. :p lol

Soooooo........ lol Does anyone want to let me borrow a 70-200 f/2.8IS on the 25th of September? :D lol We're doing the concert thing and I was thinking of maybe taking pictures during the thing. Still haven't decided. If not, that's cool. I can rent one from Lensrental.com.

jbdavies
14th of September 2009 (Mon), 20:34
I just had the weirdest dream... I dreamt that Terry stopped by and posted. Is that bizarre or what? :lol:

Good to see you here Terry. Hope your next adventure goes well and that you really wring out the 7D.

@ Jeremy: I'm on the fence with this one. There's definately more "pop" in the re-edit but I think maybe you went just a skosh too far with it. Dial it back just a little.

I give you all the new and improved Duck Spin cycle:

LOL!! Oh my God! So did I!! That's creepy! :p

Nice duck.

Hatch1921
14th of September 2009 (Mon), 21:34
Have a blast in Africa Terry...good to see you on here.
Nice shots Jeremy!

Crazy looking duck shot Jay... I dig it!

Just ordered the parts for a new PC.... Randy I will let you know how it works... if I get it to work... ROFL!

Should perform a little better thanthe 04 model I am using now... technology has advanced just a little. :D

1 COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail...
2 Nippon Labs Premium 18" (1.5 ft.) SATA II Cable...
1 GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard...
1 XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card ...
1 CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ...
1 BYTECC BT-M150BK SATA Hot-Swap Mobile Rack - Tray Less Design ...
1 Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920...
1 OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK ...
1 HITACHI 0A38016 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM...
2 Sony Optiarc DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model AD-7241S-0B LightScribe Support - OEM

BamPhoto
14th of September 2009 (Mon), 22:08
I added 8gigs of ram and a new dvd burner and mine is Rockin :) have a 1tb hard drive I need to through it yet, but it is excellent so far. Damn I like windows 7.
You will have a screamer there, you will love it.

[quote=Hatch1921;8645383]Have a blast in Africa

Just ordered the parts for a new PC.... Randy I will let you know how it works... if I get it to work... ROFL!

Should perform a little better thanthe 04 model I am using now... technology has advanced just a little. :D [quote]

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 00:12
So, I have a question... how exactly do you use a GND filter? :lol: :o

Where do you focus/meter? The foreground?

disneydork06
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 00:14
Thanks for the feedback. I still can't make up my mind which one I like better. :p lol

Soooooo........ lol Does anyone want to let me borrow a 70-200 f/2.8IS on the 25th of September? :D lol We're doing the concert thing and I was thinking of maybe taking pictures during the thing. Still haven't decided. If not, that's cool. I can rent one from Lensrental.com.
hmm, maybe. if I'm not shooting any football that night.

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 00:15
hmm, maybe. if I'm not shooting any football that night.
Sweet. :p

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 00:16
So, I have a question... how exactly do you use a GND filter? :lol: :o

Where do you focus/meter? The foreground?

Hard Way: Meter Darkest area and Brightest area and figure out how many stops difference it is. Set camera for darkest area and choose the filter that covers that many stops.

Easy Way: Meter and set for Darkest area .. Choose a Filter .. Try a Filter .. Chimp .. Repeat until blinkies go away ;)

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 00:17
Hard Way: Meter Darkest area and Brightest area and figure out how many stops difference it is. Set camera for darkest area and choose the filter that covers that many stops.

Easy Way: Meter and set for Darkest area .. Choose a Filter .. Try a Filter .. Chimp .. Repeat until blinkies go away ;)
:shock:

*is lost* lol

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 00:23
:shock:

*is lost* lol

Think of it this way:

Usually, without any GND...

- You can have proper exposure for shadows and blow out the sky

- OR -

- You can have proper exposure for the sky and crush the shadows

GNDs reign in the Dynamic Range to where the sensor can capture it all in one image. The trick is to go with the least amound of ND you can get away with that keeps detail in the shadows and doesn't allow the whites to blow out.

Once you get out and use them and then look at some results in post, it'll become clear pretty quick as to what works and what doesn't.

So, what are the dimensions of the filters? H X W ?

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 00:24
Think of it this way:

Usually, without any GND...

- You can have proper exposure for shadows and blow out the sky

- OR -

- You can have proper exposure for the sky and crush the shadows

GNDs reign in the Dynamic Range to where the sensor can capture it all in one image. The trick is to go with the least amound of ND you can get away with that keeps detail in the shadows and doesn't allow the whites to blow out.

Once you get out and use them and then look at some results in post, it'll become clear pretty quick as to what works and what doesn't.

So, what are the dimensions of the filters? H X W ?
Oooooooooooh.... *still lost* :lol:

And I haven't gotten them yet. :( Wednesday I'll be at the UPS place knocking on their door. :D

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 01:34
Oooooooooooh.... *still lost* :lol:

And I haven't gotten them yet. :( Wednesday I'll be at the UPS place knocking on their door. :D

Okee Dokee...

I assume you've seen This Thread? (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224448)

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 01:36
I have. I'm horrible at reading something, and getting it. I need to get out in the field and try it out... like you said. :)

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 01:36
I have. I'm horrible at reading something, and getting it. I need to get out in the field and try it out... like you said. :)

Maybe we can find a day for me to come up and we'll play...

So long as it doesn't involve driving off the edge of anything.

lilminijpc
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 02:06
PS. My friend just got engaged and I told her i'd like to take some pictures of them, any suggestions on where to go??? THANKS!
@ Kamrie, was going through some previous posts, but didn't know if anyone threw out suggestions, prolly a park with a lake, a hotel/resort with fountains would be good places to take them -- with lots of green/trees or something of that effect, i think. hope this helps! (i'm no where close to being as talented as some of the other ppl are on here with portraits/etc, but just figured i'd throw that out there). :) gluck!

Okee Dokee...
I assume you've seen This Thread?
@ jay, woah... there's some amazing pictures on there! wish i could do that...i always thought some of those images were done through PP...

disneydork06
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 04:54

why does that give me an odd feeling every time I read it...:lol::-P

Kamrie
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 08:30
@ Kamrie, was going through some previous posts, but didn't know if anyone threw out suggestions, prolly a park with a lake, a hotel/resort with fountains would be good places to take them -- with lots of green/trees or something of that effect, i think. hope this helps! (i'm no where close to being as talented as some of the other ppl are on here with portraits/etc, but just figured i'd throw that out there). :) gluck!

No they ignored me ;) lol Thank you for the suggestions! However the smart @$$ in me has to say..... lots of green/ trees?? I live in Phoenix... I didn't know there were such things as green? and these trees you speak of? =P

thanks again! :)

alsoscott
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 09:25
No they ignored me ;) lol Thank you for the suggestions! However the smart @$$ in me has to say..... lots of green/ trees?? I live in Phoenix... I didn't know there were such things as green? and these trees you speak of? =P

I didnt see this before, I'm usually lurking POTN in my spare time and I haven't had a lot of it lately...
Anyways...
Last night, I went up on Mt Lemmon here in Tucson and its absolutely amazing up there, there is A LOT of green, and these mysterious trees you speak of are in abundance! I know its a bit of a drive but IMO, its definitely worth it, I'll probably be heading back up the Mt this weekend to take some less-rushed shots, and I'll be posting up some after I get a little bit of time to edit the ones I took last night...

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 09:57
I didnt see this before, I'm usually lurking POTN in my spare time and I haven't had a lot of it lately...
Anyways...
Last night, I went up on Mt Lemmon here in Tucson and its absolutely amazing up there, there is A LOT of green, and these mysterious trees you speak of are in abundance! I know its a bit of a drive but IMO, its definitely worth it, I'll probably be heading back up the Mt this weekend to take some less-rushed shots, and I'll be posting up some after I get a little bit of time to edit the ones I took last night...

If you haven't been there yet, go check out Sabino Canyon as well.

lilminijpc
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 10:40

no worries. ah... phx... the land of the concrete... depending on which part of the valley you're in & how far your friends are willing to go, there's the 1) Lakes at Ahwatukee, 2) Pointe South Mountain Resort, 3) Scottsdale area (resorts/hotels), 4) Fountain Hills. :)

Kristy
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 10:54

Oh my gosh... sooooo sorry! I didn't see your post either... :(
If no one answers you, just send us PM's.... lol...

Are you on the west side?

Cute little park off of Bell Rd.. between Grand and Reems to the north side of the street. Pretty sure it's called Kingswood.. Trees, grass, and 3 little ponds.. ducks.. Really pretty.

But for fun.. you might head downtown and do an urban thing with the concrete of the city in the background. Would be pretty cool to play around with.

Hope that helps some.. :)

Kristy
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 10:55
Oh.. or Saguaro Ranch Historical Park.. and anything in downtown Glendale where the antique shops are located... :)

lilminijpc
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 11:15

@ jay, when you made that comment, i got the image of you doing this (http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/wreckreation-nation/hsw/rock-crawling.html)... hehe.... :D:D:D

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 11:24
@ jay, when you made that comment, i got the image of you doing this (http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/wreckreation-nation/hsw/rock-crawling.html)... hehe.... :D:D:D

You need to go back to POTN AZ Ver 2 and look for the shots of Jeremy, Ryan and Mike with two wheels hanging off the edge of a cliff (last winter?)

You aren't that far off the mark... ;)

BamPhoto
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 14:06
Hey Jeremy,
What concert, where and when?

lilminijpc
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 14:33
Like Jay said Bracket, also, use in camera light meter on dark areas to fiqure exposure, just watch not to blow out the sky. Clouds are good at GC! :)

Tripod and Bracket, Bracket, Bracket...

I did my homework... So now it's grading time. Let me know what you guys think: good, bad, etc? When I was trying to work on them in PS, my computer ran out of RAM, how do you guys work with merging large files? I was using my older gen MacBook Pro. Thanks!
For fun: (This is screaming for a clever caption, but nothing is coming to mind....):confused:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2424/3911941854_cc8376133b.jpg

pano #1: managed to snap this before the clouds closed in and started raining
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2427/3919010070_d2eb4656d8.jpg

pano #2: sky started spitting on me...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3478/3922511254_5e6b4761b6.jpg

pano #3: sunny happy goodness (for about 10min and then it turned cloudy again, so no sunset for me... :()
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2566/3919010066_924f6a12a1.jpg

rest of the set: here. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nahcpj_travel/sets/72157622333862436/) :)

BamPhoto
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 14:39
I like em!
That is the fattest squirrel I have ever seen :)

I did my homework... So now it's grading time. Let me know what you guys think: good, bad, etc?

Kamrie
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 14:48
Anyways...

Hmmm... yeah a little bit of a drive, i'll have to ask them! i didn't realize Mt. Lemmon had trees. ;) Can't wait to see your pics!

If you haven't been there yet, go check out Sabino Canyon as well.

I've never been there actually! It looks pretty :)

no worries. ah... phx... the land of the concrete... depending on which part of the valley you're in & how far your friends are willing to go, there's the 1) Lakes at Ahwatukee, 2) Pointe South Mountain Resort, 3) Scottsdale area (resorts/hotels), 4) Fountain Hills. :)

Thanks! =D

Oh my gosh... sooooo sorry! I didn't see your post either... :(
If no one answers you, just send us PM's.... lol...

Are you on the west side?

Cute little park off of Bell Rd.. between Grand and Reems to the north side of the street. Pretty sure it's called Kingswood.. Trees, grass, and 3 little ponds.. ducks.. Really pretty.

But for fun.. you might head downtown and do an urban thing with the concrete of the city in the background. Would be pretty cool to play around with.

Hope that helps some.. :)

Oh.. or Saguaro Ranch Historical Park.. and anything in downtown Glendale where the antique shops are located... :)

It's no big deal haha. I don't know what to do.... so many options now! I was thinking of doing something in like a downtown setting... maybe oldtown or something... but i don't know where would be nice and not scummy [since dt phx is not that pretty :/ ]

We will see =D

THANKS everyone!!!

Kamrie
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 14:52
lilminijpc: I still have yet to go to the Grand Canyon after 22 years of living here LOL

These look so nice! I really like them! :)

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 15:02
I did my homework... So now it's grading time. Let me know what you guys think: good, bad, etc? When I was trying to work on them in PS, my computer ran out of RAM, how do you guys work with merging large files? I was using my older gen MacBook Pro. Thanks!
For fun: (This is screaming for a clever caption, but nothing is coming to mind....):confused:

Looks like ya done good! The panos are especially sharp and colorful. Nice Job!

lilminijpc: I still have yet to go to the Grand Canyon after 22 years of living here LOL

Shame On You! Shame I say!!! :lol:

BamPhoto
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 17:36
Really, we should have a once a year to the Grand Canyon, we are AzPOTN's!

disneydork06
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 18:05
Hey guys, anyone looking for a monitor calibration tool? I bought the Huey (http://www.amazon.com/Pantone-MEU101-huey/dp/B000CR78C4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1253055428&sr=8-1) and then never used it. So it's still brand new in the box. $40 and it's yours. if no one wants it I'll throw it up on the for sale forum. oh, it's the meu101 model. thanks guys

disneydork06
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 18:08
Really, we should have a once a year to the Grand Canyon, we are AzPOTN's!
could be a must. I haven't gone since I went for easter morning sunrise with my choir from nau, um, 5 years ago...

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 18:09

Well, I'll be going out tomorrow pretty much all day. But after than I have Mondays off. But sure, any time would be fun. :)

And no snow, so you're safe.... :lol:

Hey Jeremy,
What concert, where and when?
This concert.... Benefit Concert (http://blog.sur-realphotography.com/blog/2009/09/benefit-concert-september-25th/)

September 25th. EAC.

rest of the set: here. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nahcpj_travel/sets/72157622333862436/) :)
This one freaken rules!!! How come I didn't see this one yet? lol Can we see it larger? :D

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 18:12
Well, I'll be going out tomorrow pretty much all day. But after than I have Mondays off. But sure, any time would be fun. :)

And no snow, so you're safe.... :lol:

Especially if I DRIVE! :p

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 18:13
Especially if I DRIVE! :p
Hahaha! Fine with me. :razz:

JmprSteve
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 19:01
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2424/3911941854_945429dd69.jpg

I like these two!

lilminijpc
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 20:25
this is so cool!! Rubba Duckie!!!! (http://cuteoverload.com/2009/09/14/rubber-duckie-youre-so-huge/) :)

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 20:47
this is so cool!! Rubba Duckie!!!! (http://cuteoverload.com/2009/09/14/rubber-duckie-youre-so-huge/) :)

Need one of those on Tempe Town Lake!

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 21:58
So Jay... you coming up tomorrow... or no? :)

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 22:14
So Jay... you coming up tomorrow... or no? :)

Oh, sorry man. I totally misread your post. :oops:

I took it to mean you were going to be out all day doing something so you'd be unable to go play.

Afraid I can't make it this week but maybe next.

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 22:22
Oh, sorry man. I totally misread your post. :oops:

I took it to mean you were going to be out all day doing something so you'd be unable to go play.

Afraid I can't make it this week but maybe next.
Oh. HAHA! Sorry. I'll be out all day, but playing with the new filters. :p

I have Monday off next week... FYI. If you wanna come up... I'm game. :) Anyone else is welcome too. lol

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 22:38
Oh. HAHA! Sorry. I'll be out all day, but playing with the new filters. :p

I have Monday off next week... FYI. If you wanna come up... I'm game. :) Anyone else is welcome too. lol

Duh...

I guess I should have said what I'm doing. Gonna drive the Apache Trail all the way out to Roosevelt Dam. Haven't done that in a while.

Next Monday has possibilities.

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 22:40
What you gonna do when at the dam? When? How long? Where? Why? Who? ;)

FlyingPhotog
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 22:43
What you gonna do when at the dam? When? How long? Where? Why? Who? ;)

Heck I dunno...

In my mind I'm leaving really early. In reality? :rolleyes:

I was thinking it would be nice to get out there before it gets hot but seeing as I'm rarely a morning person...

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 22:51
Haha! Well, I'll (hopefully) be up early, cause I have to get to the UPS place before they all head out. So, I'll be up before 8.

disneydork06
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 22:57
Heck I dunno...

I was thinking it would be nice to get out there before it gets hot but seeing as I'm rarely a morning person...
I might actually be up early tomorrow...in the morning :shock:
going to the zoo finally with some friends. free for frys vip card members. maybe see one of you guys there? :-)

jbdavies
15th of September 2009 (Tue), 23:35
I wont be. :(

alsoscott
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 00:36
Hey guys, anyone looking for a monitor calibration tool? I bought the Huey (http://www.amazon.com/Pantone-MEU101-huey/dp/B000CR78C4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1253055428&sr=8-1) and then never used it. So it's still brand new in the box. $40 and it's yours. if no one wants it I'll throw it up on the for sale forum. oh, it's the meu101 model. thanks guys

I may be interested in this - any personal reviews on this from yous guys? I see BH and Amazon give it ~4/5...
I just dont need to be wasting any money in this economy, and I've already purchased my one photog item this month, but I may be able to stretch out the budget a bit to help ya out.

lilminijpc
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 00:58
I like em! That is the fattest squirrel I have ever seen :)
@ Randy, hehe thanks & your great advice! Yah that momma squirrel had a way with ppl... she would stand up on her hind legs, act cute, and ppl would feed her sunflower seeds (even thought theyre not supposed to...) :-?

@ Kamrie, thanks!! :) You should totally take a trip up there and stop through Sedona also.

Looks like ya done good! The panos are especially sharp and colorful. Nice Job!
@ Jay, thanks & your awesome advice! I'm learning lots! :)

This one freaken rules!!! How come I didn't see this one yet? lol Can we see it larger? :D
@ Jeremy, thanks for the comments! Here's the larger version (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2427/3919010070_d2eb4656d8_b.jpg). :)

I like these two!
@ Steve, thanks for the comment! :)

lilminijpc
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 01:03
hehe... totally... :cool:

I might actually be up early tomorrow...in the morning :shock:
going to the zoo finally with some friends. free for frys vip card members. maybe see one of you guys there? :-)
aww... i wanna go to the zoo... but ill be sitting @ a desk staring at a monitor & chugging caffine...the life of a cube-dweller...

Gonna drive the Apache Trail all the way out to Roosevelt Dam. Haven't done that in a while.
Next Monday has possibilities.
sounds fun! can't wait to see the pix! :) i'm def not a morning person either...but gotta do what pays the bills i guess...

I'll be out all day, but playing with the new filters. I have Monday off next week... FYI. If you wanna come up... I'm game. Anyone else is welcome too. lol
oooh... cool! can't wait to see the results!

disneydork06
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 01:05
hehe... totally... :cool:

aww... i wanna go to the zoo... but ill be stuck sitting @ a desk... *sigh* the life of a cube-monger...
enjoy the work you have...I'm gonna enjoy the time off while I have it :-P

lilminijpc
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 01:09
enjoy the work you have...I'm gonna enjoy the time off while I have it :-P
at least the weather is more agreeable now for you guys to go out and play. :)

yah, i'm pretty happy with my job; just getting that 1 eye open in the mornings and staring at the alarm tends to be kinda tough... haha... i'm so not a morning person... which is what amazes me at the images/dedication that some of the ppl have posting pictures they took at dawn...

disneydork06
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 02:14
at least the weather is more agreeable now for you guys to go out and play. :)

yah, i'm pretty happy with my job; just getting that 1 eye open in the mornings and staring at the alarm tends to be kinda tough... haha... i'm so not a morning person... which is what amazes me at the images/dedication that some of the ppl have posting pictures they took at dawn...
I bet they took a nap afterwards ;-) haha, I can mornings or nights...just afternoons need to be my naptimes :-P

jbdavies
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 10:37
Heck I dunno...

So I take it you didn't leave early? ;) lol

Kamrie
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 10:39
Shame On You! Shame I say!!! :lol:

i know i know i know.... :/ lol I'm up for a trip the Canyon =D

Kamrie
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 10:41
@ Kamrie, thanks!! :) You should totally take a trip up there and stop through Sedona also.

I <3 Sedona... I've just neglected to make my way up to the Grand Canyon hahaha

Kamrie
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 10:42
omg haha! That rubber duck is awesome! We should totally have one for Tempe Town Lake lol

FlyingPhotog
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 12:26
So I take it you didn't leave early? ;) lol

Early? How 'bout Didn't Make It Out Of The House... :(

Due to circumstances pretty much beyond my control. <shrug>

jbdavies
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 12:27
Early? How 'bout Didn't Make It Out Of The House... :(

Due to circumstances pretty much beyond my control. <shrug>
That's ok. There aren't any clouds up here anyways right now. Will be this afternoon though. That's when I'll be heading out. :)

Happy Anniversary!

FlyingPhotog
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 12:28
That's ok. There aren't any clouds up here anyways right now. Will be this afternoon though. That's when I'll be heading out. :)

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks...

Have a good shoot.

Rutha73
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 21:53
Jay, Happy Anniversary!!!!!
Jeremy, Where are the shots using the new filters? and lets see some shots of the actual filters. and what are the dimensions? Jay asked so many times I am curious now too...

lilminijpc
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 22:45
@ jay, happy anniv!! :)

jbdavies
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 23:23
Jeremy, Where are the shots using the new filters? and lets see some shots of the actual filters. and what are the dimensions? Jay asked so many times I am curious now too...
On the package it says 100mm x 150mm (4"x6"). So, I'm guessing they're that size. :p

Here are a few shots straight out of the camera...

Normal Shot (No GND)
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/904ea869.jpg

.3 GND
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/a5f5f013.jpg

.6 GND
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/2512e98c.jpg

.9 GND (I think I did something wrong here... it looks the same as .6 :lol: )
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/d64b9fac.jpg

Then a couple more...

"Nude"
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/cc36d052.jpg

Not sure what all I had on...
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/f56ddc97.jpg

So those are those shots. Got a few more that I'm working on that aren't great... but I guess aren't bad for being the first time using GND's. lol

jbdavies
16th of September 2009 (Wed), 23:33
One more....

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/fecc1b33.jpg

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 00:01

Thanks Jake...

@ jay, happy anniv!! :)

Thanks Very Much! :D

On the package it says 100mm x 150mm (4"x6"). So, I'm guessing they're that size.

So they are the same size as the Cokin and they should fit a Cokin holder then. Good News.

Here are a few shots straight out of the camera...So those are those shots. Got a few more that I'm working on that aren't great... but I guess aren't bad for being the first time using GND's. lol

Those look good. Not the world's most dramatic sky but you can definately see the effect. So you got three Grad or Hard NDs and a Pouch? I forget...

The last one is very, very good dude.

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 00:03
Those look good. Not the world's most dramatic sky but you can definately see the effect. So you got three Grad or Hard NDs and a Pouch? I forget...

The last one is very, very good dude.
I know... the sky sucked. Literally right above me I thought it was the end of the world... but they just wouldn't move South! Dammit. lol

All Soft Edge. After today, I decided I WILL be getting a holder. It sucks hand holding them. :lol:

And thanks. I think I could have done better, but this was my first time. :p lol

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:15
So where's Ryan with some Zoo pics?

Kamrie
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:21
Happy Anniversary!! I didn't catch that earlier! What anniversary is this? =D

Kristy
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:22
Why am I always behind around here......?

@lilminijpc.. I loved your squirrel and GC shots... I'm pretty that's the same squirrel that posed for us when we went there. He get's around. lol..

@ Jay.. Happy Anniv.. How many years mister? and I'm talking 2 different numbers... 1.actual years, and 2. cumulative time as you are always on the road. lol..

@ Jeremy. filters look like they are doing the job.. :) FUn to have new toys!! So now your rockin' landscape photos are going to be flipping amazing...? Lol..
and FWIW... I think that water shot.. before and after. would be best suited somewhere between the tow edits. One was too bright, the other too dark, but I liked the water in #2.

Did I miss anyone....? Sorry. I'm aloof at the moment.. lol...

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:23
Happy Anniversary!! I didn't catch that earlier! What anniversary is this? =D

I think like their 90th... :p ;) :lol:

lilminijpc
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:28
So where's Ryan with some Zoo pics?
prolly napping... oh yah he probably should be up by now... :D

One more....

+1 on what jay said about this image. i'm gonna need you to teach me how to take awesome landscape pix one of these days... :cool:

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:29

Call me crazy but could it be because you don't come visit very often any more?

@ Jay.. Happy Anniv.. How many years mister? and I'm talking 2 different numbers... 1.actual years, and 2. cumulative time as you are always on the road. lol..

Actually Known Her: 15 Years
Actually Married: 14 Years
Actually Together: Approx 9 Years
(Gone Avg 4 Days/Wk x Avg 34 Wks/Yr x 15 Years = Approx 5 Years Away)

I think like their 90th... :p ;) :lol:

And as usual, you can Bite Me... :p

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:33
@ Jeremy. filters look like they are doing the job.. :) FUn to have new toys!! So now your rockin' landscape photos are going to be flipping amazing...? Lol..
and FWIW... I think that water shot.. before and after. would be best suited somewhere between the tow edits. One was too bright, the other too dark, but I liked the water in #2.
Thanks! Should be fun. Can't wait to really test them out. :D

+1 on what jay said about this image. i'm gonna need you to teach me how to take awesome landscape pix one of these days... :cool:
Thanks! lol You don't need me to teach you. The only thing you'll learn from me, is how NOT to do it. :p

And as usual, you can Bite Me... :p
Wow! Really? I guess it really adds up. Never would have thought. :)

And I'll pass. ;)

Kristy
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:37
You guys are funny...... :)

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:38
You guys are funny...... :)

We're thinking of taking this act on the road.

We'll be at the Sizzler in Glendale all next week rehersing.

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:39
We're thinking of taking this act on the road.

We'll be at the Sizzler in Glendale all next week rehersing.
I thought Sizzler went under....

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:39

Guess we'll be in rehersal longer than I though. :rolleyes:

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:41
Guess we'll be in rehersal longer than I though. :rolleyes:
I never was good at acting.... lol

Kristy
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:50
You could be the new "What's My LIne"... hahahhahaa...

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:51
You could be the new "What's My LIne"... hahahhahaa...
LOL!!!!!!

No.

lol

Kristy
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:56
Oh come on..... after last night's video.... hahaha...
and with that.. I'm of to the Land of Nod...

:)

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 01:57
I'd be laughing the whole time... like Drew was. :lol:

Night!

lilminijpc
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:00

@lilminijpc.. I loved your squirrel and GC shots... I'm pretty that's the same squirrel that posed for us when we went there. He get's around. lol..

@ kristy, i know the feeling! thanks for the props! :) i really want a clever remark with that pic, but can't think of on... :(

@ jeremy, nope they still have one in glendale & in flagstaff. :)

woah...that's a long time! you guys got married after only 1yr?!

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:04
My sister got engaged after only 3 months.

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:04
woah...that's a long time! you guys got married after only 1yr?!

Even Better...

We got engaged after only five weeks! ;)

What can I say? I know a good thing when I see it... :cool:

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:20
Even Better...

We got engaged after only five weeks! ;)

What can I say? I know a good thing when I see it... :cool:
Specially with Canon. :lol:

Anywho....

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:25
Specially with Canon. :lol:

Anywho....

Rimshot (www.instantrimshot.com)

So, I was comparing the dimensions you stated Vs what the size is that fits the Cokin filter holder I have and I don't think they'll fit so now I'm back to square one.

I think I need a Cokin Z and I have a Cokin P. :(

I see B&H is Sold Out on the .3 .6 .9 set of Grand NDs with no restock info available. No way will I buy them locally though. Maybe B&H will get more in after they're closed for the next Jewish Holiday.

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:28
Rimshot (www.instantrimshot.com)

So, I was comparing the dimensions you stated Vs what the size is that fits the Cokin filter holder I have and I don't think they'll fit so now I'm back to square one.

I think I need a Cokin Z and I have a Cokin P. :(

I see B&H is Sold Out on the .3 .6 .9 set of Grand NDs with no restock info available. No way will I buy them locally though. Maybe B&H will get more in after they're closed for the next Jewish Holiday.
Amazon.com? I know they used to have them, not sure about now.

There has to be other good retailers out there that have them... you'd think.

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:38
Amazon.com? I know they used to have them, not sure about now.

There has to be other good retailers out there that have them... you'd think.

Didn't think about Amazon. Did yours come as a "set" or individually?

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:39
Didn't think about Amazon. Did yours come as a "set" or individually?
Individually. I know I used to have an actual set saved at Amazon... but not sure what happened to them.

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:41
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/327e97ea.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/88a06cea.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/a60b2f9d.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/386de35a.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/3b0ed51f.jpg

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:51
Oh, and here's just a regular shot. Pretty amazing storm blowing in... just wouldn't go South.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/02ae2731.jpg

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:53
Thanks for the pics. They're definately the bigger ones. That's great for use on WA lenses to avoid shooting off the filter or vignetting.

Too bad Momma Nature didn't want to play today.

jbdavies
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 02:56
Seriously. Stupid Nature. lol

One more... lol I saw this turning out better in my head... but oh well...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/4c340e61.jpg

Wow the blues are blue! :shock: lol

joeb1
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 16:22
Jay
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff84/joeb1_01/SMILEYS/t2965.gif http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff84/joeb1_01/SMILEYS/3D_emoticon_155.gif

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 16:27
Thanks Joe :D

Rutha73
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 22:47
Seriously. Stupid Nature. lol

One more... lol I saw this turning out better in my head... but oh well...

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g18/jbdavies/4c340e61.jpg

Wow the blues are blue! :shock: lol

This one is awesome! can you go back there and turn a little more to the right? or do a 2 or 3 shot stitch? I am thinking seeing the tree to the right would be cool, but don't lose that cliff on the left!

FlyingPhotog
17th of September 2009 (Thu), 22:48
Got my own set of Lee GNDs coming. It's Jeremy's fault. :lol: