PDA

View Full Version : Extremely stupid question

snappa
25th of May 2009 (Mon), 18:27
I currently use Photoshop Elements 3. However I have a problem at the moment in that I cannot access the Adobe bit. Which in turn means I cannot access any of the pics I have downloaded recently.
If anybody knows how I can get back to the Adobe bit then I would be truly grateful. I even went to the extent of scrapping the program and re-loading it but it came back exactly as it was.
Thank you.

breathless
25th of May 2009 (Mon), 20:49
What is Adobe bit?

egordon99
26th of May 2009 (Tue), 08:35
Extremely stupid(er) question - "What is Adobe bit?" :lol:

(bumping it up so you'll see it and help us help you!)

breathless
26th of May 2009 (Tue), 11:47
Extremely stupid(er) question - "What is Adobe bit?" :lol: (bumping it up so you'll see it and help us help you!)
Man, I am starting to feel stupid. The OP briefly described it, but I still don't know what it is, and have never heard of it.

Christopher Steven b
26th of May 2009 (Tue), 12:53
Probably Adobe Camera Raw.
When you try to open a RAW file doesn't ACR start up automatically?

egordon99
26th of May 2009 (Tue), 13:00
Did PSE3 even have ACR? I used PSE5 very briefly before switching over to CS3, and that version had ACR (4.x), but PSE3 is older so....(goes to check out Google)

egordon99
26th of May 2009 (Tue), 13:02
OK, it does appear that PSE3 did support ACR, but only 3.x, so any newer Canon bodies that require 4.x would not work...

Regardless, I doubt "Adobe bit" = ACR, but I could be wrong ;)

JWright
26th of May 2009 (Tue), 22:42
OK, it does appear that PSE3 did support ACR, but only 3.x, so any newer Canon bodies that require 4.x would not work...

Regardless, I doubt "Adobe bit" = ACR, but I could be wrong ;)

True. Adobe does not support ACR in previous versions of Photoshop once a new version has been released. For example, I use CS2 and I cannot open my 40D RAW files in it.