PDA

View Full Version : I've been published! ... well sort of

Hand_of_Cod
4th of June 2009 (Thu), 00:02
Within two weeks of buying my Canon I've managed to get two of my pictures in publication... well sort of. It's an Online Gallery and the photos are in amongst some fairly dodgy quality mobile phone pics, but it's cool nonetheless!

Probably no big deal for the professional photographers out there but for an amateur and complete novice like me it's pretty cool.

Anyway in case you are interested:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/index.php?option=com_registration&task=homegallery&exist=yes&thumbid=1327&photocat=5&issueid=108

My shots are the last two, pics 8 and 9. (UPDATE: Now pics 5 and 6. They've deleted three of the pictures in the gallery)

Tunneruk
4th of June 2009 (Thu), 00:13
Congrats to you! Must be a great feeling!

Elphaba
4th of June 2009 (Thu), 00:22
Congratulations!!! Let me tell you, regardless of when and where it happens, it always feels good to see something you have shot make it into some form of publication by an outside party... way to go!

Hand_of_Cod
4th of June 2009 (Thu), 02:31
Hey thanks guys! Appreciate the well wishes!

ron dotson
6th of June 2009 (Sat), 13:27
A couple of years ago my oldest daughter asked me to shoot a headshot for her. At that time she was editor of I Do for Brides here in Georgia. She could have gotten one of her inhouse photographers to do the shot but she wanted me to shoot it here at home near a little creek we have nearby. Since she uses her married name, my by line didn't even look like nepotism ;). Just seeing my name in a magazine with "Photo by" was very cool! Got two copies of that one!

Ron

Atlandis
6th of June 2009 (Sat), 19:15
Well number 7-8-9 maybe removed.. There is only 6 in the gallery :p

The one in the main page, is the right one?

This page got lots of galleries, with different themes..

Hand_of_Cod
6th of June 2009 (Sat), 19:26
Looks like they've stripped down the other shots. I'm now 5th and 6th in the above link. Anyway here are the shots so you don't have to trawl through the others.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/Gimli000/IMG_0504small.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/Gimli000/IMG_0421small.jpg

Hand_of_Cod
6th of June 2009 (Sat), 19:29
A couple of years ago my oldest daughter asked me to shoot a headshot for her. At that time she was editor of I Do for Brides here in Georgia. She could have gotten one of her inhouse photographers to do the shot but she wanted me to shoot it here at home near a little creek we have nearby. Since she uses her married name, my by line didn't even look like nepotism ;). Just seeing my name in a magazine with "Photo by" was very cool! Got two copies of that one!

Ron

I think making it into a printed publication is much cooler than internet. You must be pretty chuffed!

elisesanchez
25th of June 2009 (Thu), 13:00
Congratulations, it looks like it was exciting to be a part of this crowd. Keep shooting!

FlyingPhotog
25th of June 2009 (Thu), 13:03
Despite some success in having images published in newspapers and magazines (very little actually...) my earliest and to some extent biggest thrill was having an image selected as Picture of the Week on Photo.net

Congrats!! Here's to continued success...

Gnhntn
29th of June 2009 (Mon), 07:19
Congrats! Internet or magazine, either one, is a great accomplishment. I am sure it is a great feeling. Hope to see more.

addret
1st of July 2009 (Wed), 12:23
Nice shots.... Congratulations

jsphotos
1st of July 2009 (Wed), 20:11
Great shots and congrats!

blackshadow
5th of July 2009 (Sun), 01:38
Congrats on being published. I hope you were paid though.