PDA

View Full Version : What equipment should I take to NYC

thampel09
26th of July 2009 (Sun), 14:50
Hello everybody, I am taking a trip up to NYC from South Jersey for the day and I am going to swtich my equipment over to my LowePro Slingshot 100 which will hold my Camera Body with either my 50mm f/1.4 or 18-55mm. Now my question is the bag with hold either my 55-250mm lens or 430exII flash, I'm tossed between which I should take - Lens or Flash. I am going to be around the Village than to the South Street SeaPort. From there I will be going to the Late Night Show followed by Times Sqaure. Any Suggestions?

single_track
26th of July 2009 (Sun), 21:39
I suggest a bigger bag.

thampel09
27th of July 2009 (Mon), 10:56
Well I do have a bag that will fit everything plus the additional things I have. I'm just trying to down size so I'm not hauling around a huge bag.

shomat
30th of July 2009 (Thu), 07:49
What's your shooting style? I shoot around NYC all the time and virtually never use a flash, so if it were me the decision would be to take the lens.

thampel09
30th of July 2009 (Thu), 12:08
mmm my shooting style... good question. I'm fairly new to the hobby still but I like to try and take different view and angles of things. I almost always try to find an abstract way to shoot things pretty much if that answers your question. I rarely ever use the flash when I'm shooting in Philadelphia. I'm just question myself about NYC due to its about 50 times bigger and more built up than Philadelphia.

shomat
30th of July 2009 (Thu), 16:13
But you're not going to be lighting up buildings with a strobe.