Subfightersandman
6th of August 2009 (Thu), 10:00
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3794669611_2a57f4fa1a_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2590/3794669925_26f4b3c3af_b.jpg

Let me know what you think please

Roshan

Spike44
6th of August 2009 (Thu), 11:55
Nice capture for the 1st image - might want to try that in BW. The 2nd has been cropped too much.

Damaso87
6th of August 2009 (Thu), 20:48
Deeper DOF on the first one to get the top of the flask into focus plz.

Subfightersandman
6th of August 2009 (Thu), 21:12
Deeper DOF on the first one to get the top of the flask into focus plz.

Yeah i had trouble with that used f16 for that pic i believe and beyond that i could not get enough enough flash power for some reason, which should not be the case Im not sure if was did something i was unaware of. But i could not seem to get a deeper DOF for the life of me. maybe my batteries are low on my flash.

Do flashes get less and less bright as they die or do they just die?

Damaso87
7th of August 2009 (Fri), 09:29
Now, this may be completely wrong, but I believe if you move the subject further away from the lens, your DOF will be greater at that same aperture. Maybe you were too close to get a wider DOF here. Try a zoom lens?

Subfightersandman
7th of August 2009 (Fri), 10:01
Now, this may be completely wrong, but I believe if you move the subject further away from the lens, your DOF will be greater at that same aperture. Maybe you were too close to get a wider DOF here. Try a zoom lens?

what you are saying is true to an extent, but you have to factor in the focal length, the longer the focal length the thinner the DOF. Lets say i am shooting 10ft away at F15, a 55mm lens will have a much deeper DOF than a 200mm lens. So a zoom lens will actually make it worse which is the problem i think i ran into i need a wider focal length. This is why i can get away with using the 70-200 F4 to take portraits because at 200m F4 makes a very blurry background. F4 at 55mm doesn't do to much.

I may try using a wide focal length far away and cropping it a good deal to get the picture i want.