PDA

View Full Version : 10 Month Portrait. C&C Please.

Tiggity-T
16th of August 2009 (Sun), 14:23
This was my first attempt at a 'studio' shot with my 10 month old. I don't have any real gear other than the camera so I improvised with the lighting and background. Used blue towels behind him that I processed out and a 500W worklight diffused thought a white sheet.

C&C would be appreciated.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2543/3826437545_5e44b2e035_b.jpg

brennasg
16th of August 2009 (Sun), 14:46
to me the lighting looks good...but I am no lighting expert. You may just want to burn the area of hair that lighter.

Did you want to take all the blue out from the towels to essentially make it all black, or were you trying to keep some of the blue in?

Keep trying with this setup and of course try to get one where he is looking more toward you. :)

christyjo2
16th of August 2009 (Sun), 15:02
You did very well for the equipment you used especially. I dont think a child has to be looking at you every time you photograph them. To me, its about the candidness of the photo and the natural interaction you get. He is beautiful and you are off to a great start!

brennasg
16th of August 2009 (Sun), 17:01
You did very well for the equipment you used especially. I dont think a child has to be looking at you every time you photograph them. To me, its about the candidness of the photo and the natural interaction you get. He is beautiful and you are off to a great start!

I agree with this...almost all the pictures of my son are where he isnt looking at me! haha I did say 'more toward you' and so I didnt mean looking directly at you. I just wanted to see a bit more of the left side of his cheek:)

Tiggity-T
16th of August 2009 (Sun), 18:36
Thanks for the compliments. I would have liked to have him looking at me but he wasn't too cooperative. That was the only shot that was decent. 10 months is a very squirmy age. :)

B.Miller
18th of August 2009 (Tue), 10:33
I think you did a great job. I personally would have used a lighter background, but still looks great to me! Those eyes are killer!

hossiam
18th of August 2009 (Tue), 20:15
Nice....I m a newbie as well and your set up looks good and is the right price for me...lol