PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my sweet Doc

Momtothefurmonsters
18th of August 2009 (Tue), 14:19
Doc was granted santuary at the shelter due to an incurable medical condition. I was his guardian, but I couldn't have loved him more if he were my very own. He passed away yesterday afternoon. Gosh, I miss that silly donkey.
These are two of my favorite pictures. Doc and my daughter Sarah, and Doc and his best buddy Wyatt. (who will stay at the shelter until the perfect home comes along)

SJC from VT
18th of August 2009 (Tue), 15:08
I knew better, but I clicked anyway. Made me cry. We lost a beloved pony this spring. Thank God we have lots of other critters to help us get through it. Your pictures are awesome.

jfinke
18th of August 2009 (Tue), 20:03
Sorry for your loss.

StarJack
18th of August 2009 (Tue), 20:38
Condolences on your loss. That 1st picture is quite touching, nicely done.

Momtothefurmonsters
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 12:32
Thank you all. My heart still hurts.

Litespeed
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 13:55
I know how hard it is to lose a special friend. So sorry for your loss. Hope you have lots of pictures to remember your friend by.

Samina
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 13:57
Sorry for your loss

I agree, the first picture is lovely

carshop
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 14:01
nice pictures

LBaldwin
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 14:02
No matter how many time it happens, it never gets any easier, sorry for your loss. My family had them too and they are great companions. Never cared how many kids were piled on his back.

jgrussell
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 17:38
Sorry for your loss.

Fretless Pete
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 18:51
What a beautiful animal -my condolences. I lost a furry friend too last year, that i was very close too.

It messes with your mind

Playm
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 18:54
I'm sorry to hear about Doc. I know too well how it just tears your heart out. My condolances to you all.

CanadianKitKat
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 19:20
So sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful guy....

lecherro
19th of August 2009 (Wed), 21:45
Sorry to hear. Loss is never easy. I lost a pup a week ago. Keep in mind they are in a better place.

Momtothefurmonsters
21st of August 2009 (Fri), 09:39
Sorry to hear. Loss is never easy. I lost a pup a week ago. Keep in mind they are in a better place.

I'm sorry for your loss as well. Thank you all for your comments and support.

sharpygreen
21st of August 2009 (Fri), 09:47
condolences

digidiva
28th of August 2009 (Fri), 18:15
When will I learn not to open these threads.
I'm so so sorry for your loss.

Stormin_24
29th of August 2009 (Sat), 20:42
So sorry to hear of your loss...

Momtothefurmonsters
31st of August 2009 (Mon), 10:39

Thank you all! I miss the big silly goof, but we have spent a lot of time with Doc's best buddy Wyatt, who seems a little lonely but not as bad as I expected. He has been following the staff around like a puppy asking for and getting a lot of love and comfort. When he saw me on Satuday he came over and rested his head against my shoulder.

essvee
31st of August 2009 (Mon), 11:56
Funny thing, I don't mind opening these. It's a chance to help someone that has gone through something that is pretty hard on the ol' heartstrings. It's a reminder of the pawed, clawed or feathered friends that have passed through OUR lives, too.

They are sad, but they leave me with a kind of warm, compassion filled feeling of understanding.

My thoughts are with you, momto. Doc was lucky to have someone like you in his life.

jackied
31st of August 2009 (Mon), 12:02
Sorry for you loss; a pet becomes a family member

Flo
2nd of September 2009 (Wed), 11:37
Awww....Happy Trails Doc.....:(