PDA

View Full Version : Photography from Bride Wars, what is it called?!??!

BrinNutz
23rd of August 2009 (Sun), 16:17
OK ok...I have searched forever and can't figure out the type/name of the photography style I am looking for.

If you've seen Bride Wars, at the end of the movie there is still photos it seems, and the main people focused seem to "pop out" (literally) and if you move side to side it's as if they "move."

What type of photography is this?? I've been trying to figure it out for quite sometime now.

FYI, my gf made me watch it with her, and that's the only thing from the movie I really liked/remembered haha..Thanks!

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about, doesn't really work as it's a pic of a pic lol..But if anyone has seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about (this is from the end of the movie just after the wedding). Not in HD but that's because I haven't hooked up the BluRay yet as I just moved in here. =)

http://wbphotography.smugmug.com/photos/627960624_FMnW7-XL.jpg

BrinNutz
24th of August 2009 (Mon), 00:32
Anybody have any ideas?

FlyingPhotog
24th of August 2009 (Mon), 00:37
It's not actually photography, it's a video post production effect.

They put different elements in the frame on layers with layer masks. They can then then move each layer at a slightly different rate yielding a semi-3D effect.

Usually, each layer (from back to front) is enlarged slightly to hide the part that has been cut out and placed on the next higher layer.

BrinNutz
24th of August 2009 (Mon), 00:44
Thanks Jay...Any idea what it's called?

I want to get a similar effect for when my woman and I get hitched and want to make sure I know what I'm asking for...I sure couldn't find it. =)

FlyingPhotog
24th of August 2009 (Mon), 00:53
Thanks Jay...Any idea what it's called?

I want to get a similar effect for when my woman and I get hitched and want to make sure I know what I'm asking for...I sure couldn't find it. =)

Hmmm...

I can't really say I've ever heard an official name put to it.

Some have referred to it as the "Ken Burns 3D Effect" since it's used in his Civil War project to put a little life in old photos.

If I run accross something more definitive, I'll come back and report.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding.