PDA

View Full Version : First portrait C&C

DYORD
8th of September 2009 (Tue), 23:14
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk291/DYORD/Photography/IMG_1499.jpg

Stirfried
8th of September 2009 (Tue), 23:55
I like it, but my eye keep getting dragged to the top right saturated area. The haze over her face makes it look a little soft too. Because of this the face doesn't really pop.

andyg30
9th of September 2009 (Wed), 01:18
I think this is a good photograph and feel the lighting adds to the atmosphere and feel.

trt-reece
9th of September 2009 (Wed), 01:21
I like the lighting, but the hand is very distracting (and out of focus). I would probably like it more if the hand wasn't in the shot

dcnats
9th of September 2009 (Wed), 08:25
overall, I like it, although I would suggest you focus on the eye closest to the camera. It looks like you focused on her right eye when you should have perhaps focused on the left... but again, I like the shot.

Blazin
9th of September 2009 (Wed), 08:54
missed focus on the eyes, the lips are the most in focus.

GorgeShooter
9th of September 2009 (Wed), 10:03
+1 on the upper right blown out area. A bit distracting.

DYORD
9th of September 2009 (Wed), 14:46
thanks for all the comments.. i have another shot here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dyord/3904821128/

buurin
9th of September 2009 (Wed), 15:13
I like the lighting, but the hand is very distracting (and out of focus). I would probably like it more if the hand wasn't in the shot

I agree about the hand. I once read that a good rule of thumb with women is not to shoot the broad side of their hands. There were a couple of reasons for this, one being the hand is almost as big as the face and the face should be the focus point.

I do like the light, however her eyes are not sharp and her lips are.

aroundlsu
9th of September 2009 (Wed), 17:23
The focus is off enough that I don't care much else about the image. It looks like you were using your center point and got the focus right on the lips? If you would have gotten the focus on the eyes it would be a keeper. I'm OK with the natural lighting and pose. But the focus being off means this one goes in the reject pile.

Tvelet
23rd of September 2009 (Wed), 23:28
Eyes aren't sharp

vpnd
24th of September 2009 (Thu), 08:37
missed focus on the eyes, the lips are the most in focus.
always have at least one eye razor sharp. :D