PDA

View Full Version : Photgrapher needed in Denver for 3 days - pay $750

EricKonieczny
25th of May 2005 (Wed), 17:54
I saw this and thought I would post it for any of you guys.

Photographer needed to shoot Soccer Tournament

Reply to: photos@photoexpress-it.com
Date: 2005-05-25, 12:53PM MDT

Looking for an action photographer to shoot soccer tournament this weekend. Join our crew Saturday, Sunday, and Monday - May 28, 29 & 30. Aggressive shooting schedule. Hours on Saturday and Sunday are 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Hours on Moday are 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Must have your own digital SLR and lenses. Unlimited, non-exclusive photo rights will be transfered to our company for all photo content shot. Please reply with link to samples of your action sports photo content.

Job location is Arvada, CO

Compensation: $300 per day for Sat. & Sun. $150 for Mon.

http://denver.craigslist.org/tfr/75241941.html

tim
25th of May 2005 (Wed), 18:39
Edit - pay seems kinda low for those hours. Must remember these are US dollars, but still.

EricKonieczny
25th of May 2005 (Wed), 18:59
Yeah I know it is low pay, but for someone starting out, it may be worth it.

Vetteography
25th of May 2005 (Wed), 19:18
I don't live in Colorado or want the job, but was curious about something. When they said "Unlimited, non-exclusive photo rights", what does that translate into in layman's terms?

Does it mean that they are not insisting on the copyright, but are insisting on the right to use the pictures however they want?

Is this normal for a job like this?

Just trying to learn the lingo.

robertwgross
25th of May 2005 (Wed), 19:44
It means that the photographer must sign over all rights to the photography.

---Bob Gross---

Vetteography
25th of May 2005 (Wed), 19:46
It means that the photographer must sign over all rights to the photography.

---Bob Gross---

That is what non-exclusive means? What does exclusive mean then?

kenyc
26th of May 2005 (Thu), 05:47
Interesting. I didn't know there were such things available. I'm too new to this to even be considered (but working on it) and may seek out such things in the future.

I've been practicing my "sports photography" on my daughter's softball team.

Thanks,
KAC

mbze430
26th of May 2005 (Thu), 11:27
In all cases, pictures taken by a photographer, it is the photographer's exclusive rights to use the photo for whatever reasons. In most paying job. They pay you for your time, and some times they pay you for your holding rights to the photo. once you given this up, you are NOT allow to use your own photo for reproduction and printing without the consent of the NEW owners.

Unfortunately this is way too low for the amount of days and to give up your rights to the photo. IMO.

sdommin
26th of May 2005 (Thu), 13:33
When they said "Unlimited, non-exclusive photo rights", what does that translate into in layman's terms?

It means that they can do anything they want with the photograph. They can sell it, publish it, use it for advertising, etc.

It also means that you can do anything you want to with the photograph - almost like "shared custody". The photograph is still yours, and you can sell it, publish it, etc., too.

I guess the photo market must be pretty good if you folks can turn down approx. $30 per hour to take pictures.

jaypie77
26th of May 2005 (Thu), 13:59
Low pay? That's not too bad. Sure there won't be any future income from the work, but 600 for a weekend's work is pretty decent for a sub-pro photographer - especially now when you can find dozens of people with decent gear who would volunteer to do something like this.

KennyG
26th of May 2005 (Thu), 15:01
especially now when you can find dozens of people with decent gear who would volunteer to do something like this.

Out of dozens with suitable equipment they would be lucky to find one with suitable ability. There again, if they offer to pay peanuts, they may be prepared to accept monkeys.