PDA

View Full Version : legal forms book

dovaka
21st of October 2009 (Wed), 14:41
i jsut picked up "business and legal forms for photographers" from amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158115206X/ref=ox_ya_oh_product
anyone else ever use this it seems pretty good so far

jacuff
21st of October 2009 (Wed), 14:57
There's a new edition coming out in a few weeks:
http://www.amazon.com/Business-Legal-Forms-Photographers-4th/dp/1581156693/

Shootfilm
21st of October 2009 (Wed), 15:16
Hire a lawyer and get real contracts and forms made. Generic forms provide little to no protection.

SF

chakalakasp
21st of October 2009 (Wed), 16:18
Hire a lawyer and get real contracts and forms made. Generic forms provide little to no protection.

SF

Heh, talk about pulling a sweeping and inaccurate statement right out of your butt. The ASMP endorses the book, for pete's sake.

As you are an attorney I get where you are coming from, as laws vary by locale. But saying that they provide "little to no protection" is quite silly. Corbis, for example, has a single model release for the entire United States, and they don't require you to go to an attorney and have a new one made every time you do a new shoot.

dovaka
21st of October 2009 (Wed), 16:47
i dont plan on using them as is but i consider it good learning experience and it will help me draft up some of my own and then have the lawyer refine them

woodsters
21st of October 2009 (Wed), 23:46

SF
Must be a lawyer.... lol

Shootfilm
22nd of October 2009 (Thu), 10:28
Corbis, for example, has a single model release for the entire United States, and they don't require you to go to an attorney and have a new one made every time you do a new shoot.

Im not sure why the Corbis model release would have anything to do with the conversation. Most if anybody do not share the same corp structure as an internation company. Nor would their release afford you the same protections. I have seen their model release, cant remember where and exactly what was written. There is a monetarty limit stipulated. Usually $50K for most NY corps, please correct me if it says otherwise. The $50K limit is enough to catch anyones attention that actually understands what they are signing or asking someone to sign.

SF