PDA

View Full Version : Contest #26: Tasty! (CLOSED)

Big_B
16th of June 2005 (Thu), 16:14
The latest contest is now under way and the title is:
"Tasty!"

Remember, everyone is welcome to join in. You don't need to be an expert or to have a fancy camera, this is all just about having fun and, through that, getting better at photography.

Just please make sure you've read all the rules before sending in your pictures.

As per usual, you may submit up to two photos for this competition.

Good luck everyone! :D

--------------

SEND PHOTOS TO: POTNContest at gmail dot com

Note: Please allow up to 48 hours for your photo to post. If it is not posted within this time frame please send me a note via this forum.

TITLE All e-mails "Tasty." If the e-mail subject is not titled as such, I will not open the attachment and you will not be entered into the contest!

Please submit photos in the format "username_0x.jpg", where x is the number of the submission (i.e. 1 or 2).

Please submit a TITLE with your picture along with the DATE it was taken, and SPEED/APERTURE/ISO.

Additionally a brief explanation if needed to emphasise how this photo meets the theme.

VIEW PHOTOS AT:

http://canondigitalphotographycontests.fotopic.net/ (http://canondigitalphotographycontests.fotopic.net/)

Anyone can enter this contest. It is not so much we have these in the spirit of competition, rather we have these contests to challenge ourselves and to give ourselves motivation to take pictures that we might otherwise not do. And in turn learn and grow.

RULES

1) The contest will run for two weeks and will end on Thursday 30th June, 2005 at 8:00AM GMT.

2) You can submit up to two pictures, and change these if you wish up to the time that the competition ends.

3) Post processing - nothing that substantially changes the original composition of the image.

4) Photos must be no larger than 800 pixels at the longest dimension. Also, please try and keep the filesize down to under 200k if possible to make viewing the gallery easier for modem users.

5) No framing of pictures, text or copyright notices.

6) This competition is a learning experience so we ask you, where possible, to take photos espeically for the contest. Older photos may be submitted, provided they have not previously been displayed on POTN Forums.

7) At the end of the competition, a separate thread will be started to seek the votes of forum members over the period of 1 week. The person with the most votes will be declared the winner.

Commenting on photos before the voting closes:

You can comment on any photo in this competition, provided it does not have an asterix (*) next to the title.
I'll assume that everyone is happy for people to comment on their photos.
If you do not wish to have your photo commented on, just drop me an email/pm and I'll add an asterix to the title of your photo.
Note: The POTN Photographer of the Year contests are entirely separate from this one, so different rules apply.

Please be patient with me if it takes one or two days for me to get submissions posted.

Finally, please ensure that you have read this post fully and understand the rules prior to sending.

aam1234
16th of June 2005 (Thu), 22:06
Cool subject Sam.

Wazza
17th of June 2005 (Fri), 00:47
That was quick. You must have had this one planned already. Sounds like a challenging subject, with lots of variation.

Big_B
17th of June 2005 (Fri), 07:51
Whooo! We have our own competition area :) Thanks pekka!!Now, after that excitement I'm off hiking for the weekend. I shall retun bruised and battered on sunday night.

aam1234
17th of June 2005 (Fri), 08:00
Whooo! We have our own competition area :) Thanks pekka!!Now, after that excitement I'm off hiking for the weekend. I shall retun bruised and battered on sunday night.

Sam, I wanted to make the first thread in that section then thought you deserve that privilege. So why don't you "cut the ribbon" by posting the first thread. Hurry up!

SuperFly
18th of June 2005 (Sat), 10:10
Hi Guys,

Been a while, but it's good to see that the comps now have their own forum... cool stuff, look forward to returning to the forum as i've been pretty busy lately and havent taken as many photos as i'd like to have done.

Big_B
19th of June 2005 (Sun), 09:33
Hi Guys,

Been a while, but it's good to see that the comps now have their own forum... cool stuff, look forward to returning to the forum as i've been pretty busy lately and havent taken as many photos as i'd like to have done.

Good to see you about again superfly. I hope you get time to join in on some of the contests soon :)

The first three photos are online now :)

Big_B
19th of June 2005 (Sun), 12:01
and another. :)

Big_B
19th of June 2005 (Sun), 13:27
During the last contest aam asked if we could comment on photos during the competition (i.e. before the voting closes). Since no-one raised any objections, we will trial it for this one.

Commenting on photos before the voting closes:

Note: This does not apply to the POTN Photographer of the Year contests.

You can comment on any photo in this competition, provided it does not have an asterix (*) next to the title.
I'll assume that everyone is happy for people to comment on their photos.
If you do not wish to have your photo commented on, just drop me an email/pm and I'll add an asterix to the title of your photo.
At the end of the contest, I'd be interested to have comments on how you thought this went, and whether you would like to have it repeated for future contests.

BB:D

aam1234
20th of June 2005 (Mon), 08:29
Superfly, nice to see you back and hope to see some of your pics.

BTW, shall we comment here.

Big_B
20th of June 2005 (Mon), 12:30
BTW, shall we comment here.

Go for it :D

Big_B
21st of June 2005 (Tue), 15:58
Another 3 great photos online! :D

Big_B
22nd of June 2005 (Wed), 15:47
and another :D

Big_B
23rd of June 2005 (Thu), 10:52
Three more online

aam1234
24th of June 2005 (Fri), 16:33
Ok, let's start the comments.

01- Chocolat: I showed this pic to our secretary and she loved it. She said it looks sooo tasty! My take is it's a delicious looking photo. However, a little definition won't hurt. Maybe increase USM a little?

aam1234
24th of June 2005 (Fri), 16:41
02- Hmmm Bubbles.

Ha ha, soo cute. I bet the kid is trying to say "Dad, these bubbles are not as tasty as I expect them to be. Btw father, why are you taking a photo of me in a moment of misery like this one (kid to self: I better write this down so I can tell my future shrink about it)" :lol:

God bless your kid Sir.

aam1234
24th of June 2005 (Fri), 16:50
10- Hot and Tasty

Blown out highlights. Wish the light was a little defused, still very nice pic though.

Edit: Changed my mind about the other comment.

aam1234
24th of June 2005 (Fri), 17:18
My Pic.

Sam hasn't posted it yet. But once he does, please have a blast with it. No holds barred :D

Big_B
25th of June 2005 (Sat), 04:36
Another pile of photos online. Also, a quick reminder to please remember to check the rules before you submit your photos.

Big_B
25th of June 2005 (Sat), 04:38
My Pic.

Sam hasn't posted it yet. But once he does, please have a blast with it. No holds barred :D

Well it's posted now, and it's terrible. What were you thinking?!

;)

(just kidding! :lol: )

SuperFly
25th of June 2005 (Sat), 06:11
well, i don't know which is whos photo, but that bubbly strawberry looks pretty good.

Also, some of the images don't show up on my system, i only get the title and image number, however, if i view the images one by one, then i do get to see them - strange :confused:

Also, the Turkish Delight image is out of focus.

Big_B
26th of June 2005 (Sun), 03:46
five more photos online

Big_B
27th of June 2005 (Mon), 02:08
To protect me from getting loads of spam, I've set up a dedicated contest email address: potncontest at gmail dot com. Hopefully this shouldn't cause any problems, but if your photo doesn't get uploaded, please drop me a PM to check I've received it!

aam1234
28th of June 2005 (Tue), 02:48
Well it's posted now, and it's terrible. What were you thinking?!

;)

(just kidding! :lol: )

:D :D

Big_B
29th of June 2005 (Wed), 00:28
Two more photos online. Remember, the contest closes tomorrow! :D

aam1234
30th of June 2005 (Thu), 10:26
Sam must be working hard at the office because the contest ended many hours ago ;)

Edit: forgot the "H" in hours so it looked "ours" :lol:

Big_B
1st of July 2005 (Fri), 01:09
Sam must be working hard at the office because the contest ended many hours ago ;)

Sadly true. :( However, it's friday today so I can rest at the weekend.

More importantly though, the contest is closed and the voting is open. Click here (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82805)for the voting thread.

Good luck everyone! :D