PDA

View Full Version : The 34th Random TPBM Chat and Bubble Wrap Bursting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

CrazieCricket
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 03:19
Yucky squid. And why am I so dizzy?:confused::lol::lol:

short5
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 03:25
Just call it calamari it's not so bad that way. Yum it's good.

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 07:50
My 2 new fosters:
Another great looking bunch of dogs, Cat. :D
This was in my head earlier. It came out
And, I'm glad it did. :lol: :D

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 07:51
Oh, and a Good Morning to you all. :D

monkeygirl
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 08:41
Hi Heather. Hale's surgery is Friday. We take her in at 8:30.

I hope everything goes well for the little pup.

We're off to a great start... 4 of the dogs who were scheduled to go have been adopted in the last couple days. :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a wonderful start to me.

Off to clock in. Have a great day everyone.

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 09:17
Hey Everyone,

Fafa, on my monitor that gal has white haloing around her mouth. Am I the only one seeing it? Maybe I'm just tired.

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it...but I can see it too.

Hi Chris.
I see it

Ok.....now I see what you are talking about. I'm thinking it's only in the web version....maybe from sharpening. *shrugs*

Just call it calamari it's not so bad that way. Yum it's good.

Not when you're expecting onion rings. *has memories of my 17th birthday in Spain*

G'mae all. Snow here. Woohoo. :roll: At least it covers up the nastiness that is the old snow.

Belmondo
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 09:26
G'mae all. Snow here. Woohoo. :roll: At least it covers up the nastiness that is the old snow.

Thanks for the reminder, Tiff. Those of us who never see snow tend to think fondly of the white fluffy stuff. It gets pretty gross after a day or two, doesn't it? :lol:

When we lived in Pennsylvania, a lot of people still burned coal, and after a day or two, the snow was grey. I guess I'm not jealous after all. :wink:

and FWIW, I like the halo around her mouth. Those really are wonderful shots. Actually, I don't see it, but I'm on a 13" laptop that's kept very dim.

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 09:50
Sup kids.

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 09:53
Morning all, not too much to catch up on...

Belmondo
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 09:55
Sup kids.

Nada. We're having lunch with the police chief today. It's purely social. I suspect he wants to talk about his wedding in a few weeks. I'm supposed to be the best man, and I just hate the thoughts of it.

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 09:56
Thanks for the reminder, Tiff. Those of us who never see snow tend to think fondly of the white fluffy stuff. It gets pretty gross after a day or two, doesn't it? :lol:

When we lived in Pennsylvania, a lot of people still burned coal, and after a day or two, the snow was grey. I guess I'm not jealous after all. :wink:

and FWIW, I like the halo around her mouth. Those really are wonderful shots. Actually, I don't see it, but I'm on a 13" laptop that's kept very dim.

Oh my gosh...yes! I love the snow when it's pretty and white but it gets so nasty after a while.

And, thanks. I really had to look for the halo this morning....but I'm on my work monitor. :lol:

Nada. We're having lunch with the police chief today. It's purely social. I suspect he wants to talk about his wedding in a few weeks. I'm supposed to be the best man, and I just hate the thoughts of it.

Better than the wedding photographer. :p

Belmondo
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 09:59
Better than the wedding photographer. :p

I won't do it. I might take the G-10 just to get some snaps for myself, but I will not take any wedding photos for them. It would be the surest way I can think of to lose a friend.

cfpackerfan
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:02
Morning threadies.

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:24
hi Cat

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:31
I won't do it. I might take the G-10 just to get some snaps for myself, but I will not take any wedding photos for them. It would be the surest way I can think of to lose a friend.

True that!

CAT did you get my response to your vector question??

JWright
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:41
Ok, so how do I turn off the Collect photo thingy in Smuggy?:confused: Oh, I see, Visitors don't have access to this. At least from what I can see.

Visitors will have access to the feature unless you disable it in your control panel. Unfortunately the feature is site-wide. I'd rather see it available on a gallery by gallery basis.

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:43
Visitors will have access to the feature unless you disable it in your control panel. Unfortunately the feature is site-wide. I'd rather see it available on a gallery by gallery basis.

Until then, John, I'll be sticking with it being disabled.

cfpackerfan
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:50
Sometimes I shoot things other than dogs.

cfpackerfan
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:51
:) .

cfpackerfan
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:52

cfpackerfan
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:52
But mostly, I just shoot dogs. :lol:

cfpackerfan
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:53
CAT did you get my response to your vector question?? No. Did you E-mail me?

thomascanty
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:54

:shock:

G'marnin' peeps!

cfpackerfan
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:55
:shock:

G'marnin' peeps!:lol: Mornin.

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:57

Did he randomly find your name in the phone book? Does he just need a witness or are you two actually buddies?

Harm
Hi Lonnie

Nice non-dog-shots, Cat!

sevillafox
No. Did you E-mail me?

No. I answered it in my MMQ yesterday. :lol:

You are needing to save it as a .eps file type. You should be able to do it in PS....but you can also open your psd in illustrator and save it as a .eps there.

thomascanty
I think my ancient CRT monitor may be dying here... Either that, or I need a new eyeglass prescription. I've been working on re-editing thousands of cemetery photos from this past decade, and things are starting to look blurrier as I go.

Or, maybe it's just a lack of sleep... :confused:

sevillafox
Nice non-canines cat.

cfpackerfan
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 10:59
No. I answered it in my MMQ yesterday. :lol:

You are needing to save it as a .eps file type. You should be able to do it in PS....but you can also open your psd in illustrator and save it as a .eps there.Thank you very much!

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:09
I forgot to bring my camera today, we took the whole group 20 minutes away to a theater for a performance that is actually on Thursday *and* I sent Eli's principal an email about something that was supposed to happen today, complaining that it didn't happen yesterday.

I think I need to go home and crawl under a rock...

cfpackerfan
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:13
Crissa, it's too bad you don't drink coffee. Sounds like you could use some. :lol:

CrazieCricket
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:14

Ok, so where is it in the control panel. I'm not seeing it. Maybe I need a nap.:confused:

Edit: Found it!!!!! Sheesh they hide it good. LOL

So glad you do! Those are great!

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:14

That happens here too, especially when it warms up near or above freezing. This is why I would prefer the temps in winter to stay around -10ēC (14ēF).
And we like that, keep up the good work. :D
But mostly, I just shoot dogs. :lol:
:lol:

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:16
I forgot to bring my camera today, we took the whole group 20 minutes away to a theater for a performance that is actually on Thursday *and* I sent Eli's principal an email about something that was supposed to happen today, complaining that it didn't happen yesterday.

I think I need to go home and crawl under a rock...

Oy.

You need wine...beer...tequila....whatever your poison is. :lol:

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:19
whatever your poison is. :lol:

Arsenic?

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:19
I've had a pepsi for a sugar/caffeine kick, but I still seem a bit hazy.

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:21
I've had a pepsi for a sugar/caffeine kick, but I still seem a bit hazy.

Have a couple more. :lol::p

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:23
I am taking 2 clients out for a special lunch at Friendly's, I'm sure it will improve my mood. They have a yummy salad with chicken in it that I really like. Plus I get to see my guys have fun, always a plus!

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:27
YAY Crissa.

Is friendly's an east coast thing?

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:34
must be, they started up here in Mass, and are all the way down to Florida...

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:35
Never heard of them. :lol:

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:35
I guess so, http://www.friendlys.com/

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:38
I like it when they have a buy one get one free deal on sundaes on sundays!! Well they do near us :D

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:41
Can you use a timed exposure and bracket? Meaning, with the multi-shot go off when using the timer?

thomascanty
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:42
The only Friendly's I'd heard of until now was the store in the Kevin Costner movie "A Perfect World". They didn't serve ice cream there...

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:48
Can you use a timed exposure and bracket? Meaning, with the multi-shot go off when using the timer?

I don't think so.

thomascanty
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:51
30 second exposure at f/10 200 ISO Mirror lock up>shutter>step aside and fire>let camera finish exposure.I have something somewhat different in my head and think I can get it.

Freak! :p

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 11:59
G'morning :)

Lisa helped me out with a clone on this one.Thanks Lisa!!!

http://mchurliman.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p473795797-5.jpg

You are welcome Mike. I really like this shot. Love the processing. You did a great job. And for once, having seen it IRL, I don't think zf (or my laptop) is doing it justice. It's incredibly sharp on my computer but doesn't look as much on this laptop.

:) .

very nice. The bell on the church (or mission) is my favorite. Are these recent shots? Do you have flowers and sunlight?? *jealous*

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:07
You are welcome Mike. I really like this shot. Love the processing. You did a great job. And for once, having seen it IRL, I don't think zf (or my laptop) is doing it justice. It's incredibly sharp on my computer but doesn't look as much on this laptop.

Are all laptops (pc not mac) like this? I look at my photos and think 99% of them are crap. I look at them on say a Mac, and 10% look soooooooooo much better...

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:09
Are all laptops (pc not mac) like this? I look at my photos and think 99% of them are crap. I look at them on say a Mac, and 10% look soooooooooo much better...

I don't know but I wonder sometimes. I never judge the contest from the laptop. Or colors. Ye gads. Our two macs, though old, are still going strong. We keep them calibrated and our prints come back spot on. My laptop is just NOT a good judge for those things. I tried to calibrate it and it went all wonky. :| I had to reset it.

short5
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:12
Freak! :p

I am here, thanks for the announcement.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:16
I wonder if, since shooting is slow, I can advertise processing jobs....I've never seen anyone do it (since processing is so personal)...

*shrugs*

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:17
Yo Z. Got your freak on? :lol:

thomascanty
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:18

I have yet to see a photo on an LCD monitor that looks as good as it does on a CRT. That's the main reason I'm still hanging onto my antique ViewSonic P95f+, even though I honestly believe this big ol' monitor is on it's last legs.

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:24
I wonder if, since shooting is slow, I can advertise processing jobs....I've never seen anyone do it (since processing is so personal)...

*shrugs*

Yes, you can!

There are lots of people that outsource their PP. I think Jasmine Star is one of them....at least she outsources her RAWs and goes the other PP herself.

But, I think you have to conform to their vision of what it will look like.

FocalPrincess
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:27
Cat, nice pics! Crissa, we like Friendly's here too, I like their crispy chicken wrap (w/o the honey mustard). The kids like the ice cream, of course, lol!

Permie, there is a place in San Diego that processes too, but I can't for the life of me find it at the moment. Several people outsource their basic processing to that. I kind of wish I trusted to try it....that tends to bog me down the most. That and album design, now that I REALLLLY wish I could farm out, especially after this last one, lol!

poppie guy
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:28
G'morning :)

Thanks Lisa.

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:29
May actual purchase a Bee with my tax refund. What do I need to trigger them with? This is probably a Tiff question.

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:36
May actual purchase a Bee with my tax refund. What do I need to trigger them with? This is probably a Tiff question.

Nothing unless you want wireless.

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:37
Nothing unless you want wireless.

So you use a cord? The bee comes with something that will interface with the XTi and fire the Bee?

Belmondo
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:39
I have yet to see a photo on an LCD monitor that looks as good as it does on a CRT. That's the main reason I'm still hanging onto my antique ViewSonic P95f+, even though I honestly believe this big ol' monitor is on it's last legs.

I had a big La Cie CRT monitor that gave me what I believe to be the most accurate colors I've ever had. I gave it to CDS (even delivered it :lol:), and almost herniated myself getting it in and out of the trunk. I'm generally pleased with my Apple monitors, but I don't believe LCDs or LEDs give you the accuracy (too bright, etc.).

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:40
So you use a cord? The bee comes with something that will interface with the XTi and fire the Bee?

If you are using the Xti you will need a hotshoe adapter but I have one I can send you. The cord comes with and you just plug it in to the adapter.

Wireless will cost you another $150+ but you can use those to trigger a manual speedlite and put your bee on slave and have a two light setup.

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:43
How do you fire 2 bee's?

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:44
If you are using the Xti you will need a hotshoe adapter but I have one I can send you. The cord comes with and you just plug it in to the adapter.

Wireless will cost you another $150+ but you can use those to trigger a manual speedlite and put your bee on slave and have a two light setup.

so some cameras don't require an adapter? How do you know which?

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:44
How do you fire 2 bee's?

I haven't done it yet. :lol:

Either two receivers er set one as an optical slave....that's what Diane does.

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:45
so some cameras don't require an adapter? How do you know which?

If your camera has a a PC port you're good. The xt series doesn't but the rest do.

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:49
My 2 year old Asus laptop has a great screen. Photos look great on it. When I went looking for a laptop, the display was the most important factor I looked for. Beyond that was performance. Mine is actually a gaming computer, though I never use it as such. It was just configured with what I needed for my use.

Bottom line. No, not all laptops have poor displays. ;)

Macs laptops, at least the Mac Book Pro I looked at, did have great graphics too.

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:49
So other then the hot shoe adapter, a kit would have everything I need to shoot? i.e. an umbrella and stand?

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:50
I thought my laptop was good. I compared it to the other laptops around it...but it just doesn't resolve well enough. Dan's netbook has a nice screen. lol

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:51
So other then the hot shoe adapter, a kit would have everything I need to shoot? i.e. an umbrella and stand?

Yep. But, I'd get the impact stand from B&H....you can get a heavy duty air cushioned stand for $40. And, I really liked my photek softlighter II. You can use it as a modified softbox kind of thing, a reflective umbrella, and a shoot through umbrella. I think it was $80 at B&H.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:54
I always think about lighting...but the bottom line is I never used my spiderlite. I always use my speedlights on stands w/umbrellas...fired wirelessly/remotely from my camera. So I have a hard time thinking about putting any other $ into lighting. kwim?

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:57
Eh, if you're good with your speedlites and happy about the recycle time, then why worry? :lol:

Me, well, I have a 420ex....'nuff said.

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 12:59
I always think about lighting...but the bottom line is I never used my spiderlite. I always use my speedlights on stands w/umbrellas...fired wirelessly/remotely from my camera. So I have a hard time thinking about putting any other $ into lighting. kwim?

A Canon 580ex II can set you back $450.

An Alien Bee The AlienBees B1600 Flash Unit (http://www.alienbees.com/b1600.html)
• 640 true Ws, 1600 effective Ws, 28,000 Ls
• 5 f-stop power range (full to 1/32nd power)
• 3.7 pounds total weight
for $360.

Seems like a good deal.

FocalPrincess
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 13:01
I too was happy w/a 430EX triggering my single bee until I started doing more shoots...the flash was eating through batteries to the point that I'd replace them mid-session sometimes depending on length of the session and recycle time for toddlers was terrible, too. Tough to catch kids that way and I felt really unprofessional going over to switch batteries or restart the flash if it automatically turned off between shots.

I do have the 2 bee setup...LOOOOOVE it. Chet, you wouldn't HAVE to have something with which to trigger if you use the cable. I've used both and don't hate the cable at all, its a very reliable system. It'll trigger the other bee unless your space is HUGE between them.

FocalPrincess
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 13:02
Chet why the B1600?? Just curious what your thinking is.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 13:03
A Canon 580ex II can set you back $450.

An Alien Bee The AlienBees B1600 Flash Unit (http://www.alienbees.com/b1600.html)
• 640 true Ws, 1600 effective Ws, 28,000 Ls
• 5 f-stop power range (full to 1/32nd power)
• 3.7 pounds total weight
for $360.

Seems like a good deal.

this is true. Nikon speedlights are expensive too. If I'd known about the AB's earlier, I'd have gone with 2 ab800's. As it is, I use 2 sb600's and an sb800. Economically, it wasn't the best choice for me. At the time I was completely unfamiliar with ab's and knew that I could fire the sb's with no wires.

Fafa, the speedlights recycle pretty well. Not when I'm rapid firing though.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 13:03
I too was happy w/a 430EX triggering my single bee until I started doing more shoots...the flash was eating through batteries to the point that I'd replace them mid-session sometimes depending on length of the session and recycle time for toddlers was terrible, too. Tough to catch kids that way and I felt really unprofessional going over to switch batteries or restart the flash if it automatically turned off between shots.

I do have the 2 bee setup...LOOOOOVE it. Chet, you wouldn't HAVE to have something with which to trigger if you use the cable. I've used both and don't hate the cable at all, its a very reliable system. It'll trigger the other bee unless your space is HUGE between them.

how do you fire 2 then?

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 13:05
Chet why the B1600?? Just curious what your thinking is.

Not for me, this was for Permie's benefit. I would go with the 800.

Jon
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 13:07
Ok, so how do I turn off the Collect photo thingy in Smuggy?:confused: Oh, I see, Visitors don't have access to this. At least from what I can see.If you don't allow linking in the home gallery, I don't believe photos can be collected from the outside. You'll always see the "Collect" option.

FocalPrincess
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 13:10
Oh gotcha Chet. Permie, eventually I hope to move up to the RadioPopper triggers as they sync more quickly than even the CyberSyncs, which is what I use right now. The CyberSyncs have been great. I connect the receiver to one of the lights, doesn't seem to matter which in my little studio, and that optically triggers the other. So far, it hasn't failed me for a single shot...I've fired a lot since getting the 2nd light a few weeks ago, lol!

FocalPrincess
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 13:16
I said that wrong. The RadioPoppers sync at faster shutter speeds, the CyberSyncs go to about a max of 1/200th and even then I'm beginning to see the telltale shadow. Would be fun to play with the poppers for outdoor shots with a shallow dof when you just want a little fill, etc.

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 13:50
I said that wrong. The RadioPoppers sync at faster shutter speeds, the CyberSyncs go to about a max of 1/200th and even then I'm beginning to see the telltale shadow. Would be fun to play with the poppers for outdoor shots with a shallow dof when you just want a little fill, etc.

<----has radiopoppers coming soon. :mrgreen:

FocalPrincess
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:03
Fafa, blog help on email....please?!?!

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:05
I'm there.

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:18
One of my clients is moving from home to a 'supervised apartment' setting, he came from home this morning and while here his mom moved his stuff to the apartment. I just put him in the van to his new home...I'm a mess.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:22
is this a bad thing for him Crissa? (truly I don't know)

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:23
No Lisa, it is a great thing, but difficult none the less. His mother is at once heartbroken and hopeful, I suppose I feel some of the same things.

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:24
My current hormonal state doesn't help things either...

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:24
One of my clients is moving from home to a 'supervised apartment' setting, he came from home this morning and while here his mom moved his stuff to the apartment. I just put him in the van to his new home...I'm a mess.

Awww.....one of your babies is growing up. ((((crissa)))

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:26
No Lisa, it is a great thing, but difficult none the less. His mother is at once heartbroken and hopeful, I suppose I feel some of the same things.

oh I see. That's sweet.

FocalPrincess
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:33
What a big step Crissa, that's pretty neat! I hope he thrives!

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 14:44
He is a wonderful guy and does great in most things. He misbehaves and gets angry with his mom, as I suppose most kids feel safest with their mothers. He NEEDS to be on his own, but it is still a big deal and you worry, as if he is unhappy he won't say anything, if he is in pain he won't say anything, if someone mistreats him he won't say anything. Its difficult to give your child to other people to care for, it is even harder when that child can't let you knwo if everyhting is OK.

short5
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:03
I hope the best for him Crissa. Your people are lucky to have someone that cares as much as you do.

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:05
Sounds like a big step for your client, Crissa. Is he excited about this move?

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:05
I hope the best for him Crissa. Your people are lucky to have someone that cares as much as you do.
Yeah.....that. :D

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:13
He seems to be, not sure he fully grasps the entirety of it. We have, of course been playing it up and talking about how his sister has her own place, his cousins have theirs and others here at the program too live in their own 'apartments'. He is happy to talk about it and says he is looking forward to it...but his understanding and ability to tell us things is limited.

These 'apartments' are like college quads with small attached 2 bedroom units that have a living area, bathroom and kitchen. The doors between the units remain open and staff are constantly in the apartments, 24 hours a day and awake at night.

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:32
That is a nice step up for him, Crissa.

theague
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:33
One for us dorks in the house... http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

My best (of 2 tries) was 4.80in 116.16 seconds.

4.21 in 85.36 seconds. (2nd try). On my first try I wasn't aware of what I was doing so I had some super long times and I was WAY off.

My closest was a 0.3 on a right angle and a 0.5 on a right angle also. Apparently my eye sees right angles well but sucks at parallelograms (7.1).

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:42
I just decided to do some photos of the dogs...it wasn't the easiest shoot ever. Hale was difficult. Kona found the chair hard to sit on. What's funny is that the chair is a civil war era chair. It was recaned about 6 years ago but otherwise, it's as it was back then. Sooooo....it's so TINY my 50lb dog had a hard time sitting on it. Mankind must have incredibly enlarged since then. (I thought it was just me...)

So after the dogs were done, Pachie decided he wanted to do what they were doing...so he got on the chair. I thought...wow, I'll take his photo too...yeah as soon as I grabbed the camera...he went into "cat" mode. Most of them look like this:

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p930376212-5.jpg

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:49
I LOVE that Permi!!

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:49
I want to shoot a little of Tspin but he's been quite uncooperative lately.

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:53
4.21 in 85.36 seconds. (2nd try). On my first try I wasn't aware of what I was doing so I had some super long times and I was WAY off.

My closest was a 0.3 on a right angle and a 0.5 on a right angle also. Apparently my eye sees right angles well but sucks at parallelograms (7.1).

cool game, wasting my work time...i like.

I got: 3.58 in 97.59s (i did mess up 1 right angle triangle and got a 14.2 score on that one)

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:53
yeah, P isn't cooperative at all either. I DO have a couple of shots from today where he sat and looked at me but most of them he's making faces or tongue is out or he's moving...LOL

Skrim17
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 15:56
I need to set up some OCF with Tspin, I hate the way he looks with flash, even bounced. My 550 will trigger my 420 but I've never tried it, could be a fun experiment for a snowy day...

theague
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 16:05
I just decided to do some photos of the dogs...it wasn't the easiest shoot ever. Hale was difficult. Kona found the chair hard to sit on. What's funny is that the chair is a civil war era chair. It was recaned about 6 years ago but otherwise, it's as it was back then. Sooooo....it's so TINY my 50lb dog had a hard time sitting on it. Mankind must have incredibly enlarged since then. (I thought it was just me...)

So after the dogs were done, Pachie decided he wanted to do what they were doing...so he got on the chair. I thought...wow, I'll take his photo too...yeah as soon as I grabbed the camera...he went into "cat" mode. Most of them look like this:

HAHAHA I like that! :) Too bad his head didn't rotate around one of his eyes. :)

cool game, wasting my work time...i like.

I got: 3.58 in 97.59s (i did mess up 1 right angle triangle and got a 14.2 score on that one)
Yeah I liked it. I could probably improve if I did it a few times but I liked the precision side of things more than the time side. :)

thomascanty
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 16:19
I had a big La Cie CRT monitor that gave me what I believe to be the most accurate colors I've ever had. I gave it to CDS (even delivered it :lol:), and almost herniated myself getting it in and out of the trunk. I'm generally pleased with my Apple monitors, but I don't believe LCDs or LEDs give you the accuracy (too bright, etc.).

My ViewSonic was made for graphic artists/photographers. It isn't your every day CRT. I couldn't buy it at a local store back then. I had to order it online, and it wasn't cheap compared to what else was available at the time. I really love it, but I'm afraid it isn't going to be around all that much longer. It's wearing out... I saw someone on eBay who had a half dozen or so available a couple years ago and briefly considered buying a spare or two. I didn't, but now I wish I had.

I was very disappointed with the quality of the early LCD monitors I used at work, which was another reason why I stuck with my CRT so long. But, some of the newer LCDs ain't all that bad...

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p930376212-5.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: I like the shot, anyway! (And, I want that chair!)

JWright
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 16:20

Ok, so where is it in the control panel. I'm not seeing it. Maybe I need a nap.:confused:

Edit: Found it!!!!! Sheesh they hide it good. LOL

If you don't allow linking in the home gallery, I don't believe photos can be collected from the outside. You'll always see the "Collect" option.

The "Collect" option is always available to the site owner as long as they are logged in.

I did a little test just now. I collected an image from a gallery with right-click protection and put it in a gallery that had the protection disabled. I wasn't able to right click on the image from the protected gallery while the image right next to it could be saved by right clicking.

Any settings on a "collected" image's original gallery will carry over to whatever gallery the virtual copy is placed in. I assume this remains consistent if it's another person collecting the image.

I am taking 2 clients out for a special lunch at Friendly's, I'm sure it will improve my mood. They have a yummy salad with chicken in it that I really like. Plus I get to see my guys have fun, always a plus!

YAY Crissa.

Is friendly's an east coast thing?

must be, they started up here in Mass, and are all the way down to Florida...

Never heard of them. :lol:

The closest one to me is in Miamisburg, OH, 1884 miles from here...

Permie, there is a place in San Diego that processes too, but I can't for the life of me find it at the moment. Several people outsource their basic processing to that. I kind of wish I trusted to try it....that tends to bog me down the most. That and album design, now that I REALLLLY wish I could farm out, especially after this last one, lol!

You're not thinking of Chrome Digital (http://chromedigital.com/), by any chance? That was the first place that came to mind. I had my E-6 slide processing done there for years.

I know a little mousie that is an expert at album design...

In the long run, triggering them wirelessly is the best option. The PC connector had been around ever since the invention of electronic flash as has always been the weak point in any flash system. 95% of the failures in any system can be traced to the PC connector. There are much better connectors that will do the job just as well, and yet the camera manufacturers refuse to use anything else. Until the advent of wireless triggers, there was a huge market in tools to straighten and reform the tips on PC connectors.

Chet, if you're going to trigger using a PC cable I strongly recommend you get one of THESE (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/40352-REG/Paramount_PMPCD_Deluxe_PC_Tip_Conditioner.html). You're also going to need one of THESE (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/89979-REG/Hama_HA_6951_Hot_Shoe_Adapter_1.html) to plug the PC cable into your XTi. The best one is the Wein Safe-Sync (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/227625-REG/Speedotron_23508_Safe_Sync_Hot_Shoe.html) because it isolates the flash's trigger voltage from the camera, but it's a bit pricey...

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 16:38
Just scored a free HP 9800 photo printer that will do 13" x 19" borderless prints. I usually use the HP Advanced Glossy Photo paper and get great output. Anyone have another paper recommendation?

Chet
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 16:41
Chet, if you're going to trigger using a PC cable I strongly recommend you get one of THESE (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/40352-REG/Paramount_PMPCD_Deluxe_PC_Tip_Conditioner.html). You're also going to need one of THESE (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/89979-REG/Hama_HA_6951_Hot_Shoe_Adapter_1.html) to plug the PC cable into your XTi. The best one is the Wein Safe-Sync (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/227625-REG/Speedotron_23508_Safe_Sync_Hot_Shoe.html) because it isolates the flash's trigger voltage from the camera, but it's a bit pricey...

I think I'll go wireless as I have a 430ex and a 540ez. I'd love to be able to use the 540 again and wireless should make that possible.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 17:46
portraits with the wee'uns
ignore the podunk setup

Kona
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p296960413-5.jpg

Hale
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p338579888-5.jpg

Kona
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p11286478-4.jpg

Hale
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p230254156-4.jpg

Pachie
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p392110446-5.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p60388441-4.jpg

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 17:47
and two more

Pachie the comic

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p92519511-5.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p61754608-5.jpg

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 17:51
ignore the podunk setup
Very nice Lisa. :D
A bit tight on the crop of Hale in the first one of her, IMHO.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 17:53
totally. Hale would NOT sit still. I barely had time to get the camera focused. (hence the crooked chair and weird comp) :lol:

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 17:55
here's the rest of them if anyone is interested :)

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/p134337594

JWright
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:17
I think I'll go wireless as I have a 430ex and a 540ez. I'd love to be able to use the 540 again and wireless should make that possible.

Only if you use some type of external wireless trigger. The 540EZ isn't set up for slave use like the EX flashes are and if you put it directly on the camera, it only functions in manual.

here's the rest of them if anyone is interested :)

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/p134337594

Nice. Hale looks as big as Kona in those. The only way I can tell them apart is Kona's ears are a little redder...

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:19
John, it's the angle. She's considerable shorter than K. I was just much closer to her for most of the shots.

JWright
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:21
Ahh...

I ended up at Border's today and picked up a copy of "The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove." One I finish it, a short review will follow...

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:25
I know they aren't great shots...the lighting, angles etc suck. I just shared 'em cuz they're my fur kids.

monkeygirl
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:29

very nice non-canine photos Cat.

Good for him. Hope his new home works out very well for him.

ignore the podunk setup

Kona
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p296960413-5.jpg

Hale
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p338579888-5.jpg

Kona
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p11286478-4.jpg

Hale
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p230254156-4.jpg

Pachie
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p392110446-5.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p60388441-4.jpg

Love your furkid photos

and two more

Pachie the comic

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p92519511-5.jpg

I really love this one though.

Hi everyone.

CrazieCricket
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:40
Fun furkids shots, Lisa!:D The chair looks miniature compared to the dogs. :lol::lol:

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:44
Anyone ever seen a 10 letter word in Scrabble? Last night, a local friend played SUPERNOVAS on OVA for about 80 some points is all though, no triple word.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:45
Fun furkids shots, Lisa!:D The chair looks miniature compared to the dogs. :lol::lol:

lol I wondered if circa 1860's chair would hold up under Kona & Hale :lol: I have three...I chose the sturdiest. :lol:

I still can't believe people sat in those, let alone were comfortable.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:47
Anyone ever seen a 10 letter word in Scrabble? Last night, a local friend played SUPERNOVAS on OVA for about 80 some points is all though, no triple word.

oxyphenbutazone 1700 points for one word, or more if you can make it...

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:49
nice shots, lisa.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:50
CAT! all my scrabble games where it was your turn...have disappeared. What happened?

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:50
nice shots, lisa.

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:54
Hey, whatever happened to Deb?

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:54
oxyphenbutazone 1700 points for one word, or more if you can make it...
:shock: Who played that?

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:56

Dunno. I wrote to her but haven't ever heard back.

:shock: Who played that?

Go to scrabble. Click on stats. Click on highest single word score.

In the left hand column are your friends highest scores. In the right hand column are the highest single word scores that have played the game. You'll see that they are all that word.

poppie guy
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 18:59
Lisa, nice furkid photos. I wish I could get our dogs to sit up and pose like that, but they won't play that game.

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:02

She is busy with the house and stuff. She's still as sweet as ever though!

G'mae all. Just got back from another winter shoot.

135 arrived while I was gone so I didn't get to play. :lol:

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:03
Go to scrabble. Click on stats. Click on highest single word score.

In the left hand column are your friends highest scores. In the right hand column are the highest single word scores that have played the game. You'll see that they are all that word.
:lol: I never knew that you could do that. :rolleyes:
Chris, Tif and you all have words that aren't really words for your high scores. :p

And wow, you have a ton more wins then me.

There are a ton of people with that really high score. Do you think by any chance that the cheated in setting that up? :rolleyes: :lol:

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:05

You must be really excited!

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:08
I sure would be. :D

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:13

I sure would be. :D

Ummm....I'm ashamed to report that it will be staying in the shipping box until further notice.

I have too much to do at home.

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:17
Ummm....I'm ashamed to report that it will be staying in the shipping box until further notice.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

sevillafox
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:21
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I know.

*hangs head in shame*

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:22

My 5D stayed in the box for almost a week after I got it because I didn't have time to figure it out.

Harm
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:22
post that 135L to me!

BearLeeAlive
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:32
I was wondering why my internet seemed to be so fast today. I just got an email from my IP that said I was getting boosted from High Speed to High Speed Extreme for a month. It is supposed to be twice as fast downloading. I bet they want a whole bunch more money for it, when it should be just part of their service to upgrade occasionally.

What was that site that was posted here a while back, that tested the ping and up/downloading speeds?

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:34
I was wondering why my internet seemed to be so fast today. I just got an email from my IP that said I was getting boosted from High Speed to High Speed Extreme for a month. It is supposed to be twice as fast downloading. I bet they want a whole bunch more money for it, when it should be just part of their service to upgrade occasionally.

What was that site that was posted here a while back, that tested the ping and up/downloading speeds?

http://www.speedtest.net/

poppie guy
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:35
My 5D stayed in the box for almost a week after I got it because I didn't have time to figure it out.

Are the mkii controls much different than those on the original 5D?

JWright
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:39

She still shows up occasionally on Facebook...

BearLeeAlive
http://www.speedtest.net/
Thanks Lisa. My service is close to double what it was for this time of day. Kewl
Are the mkii controls much different than those on the original 5D?
Not a lot that I recall, the menus are a bit different, and of course there is live view.

sevillafox
post that 135L to me!

No.

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:40
my service is bad right now. The one thing about comcast is that it can be lightning fast or pretty dang slow. :|

monkeygirl
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:44
She is busy with the house and stuff. She's still as sweet as ever though!

G'mae all. Just got back from another winter shoot.

Glad your new lens arrived Fafa. I think you should take it out of the box and take a couple of photos of the boys, just to make sure that it is not broken:)

Permagrin
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:45
Glad your new lens arrived Fafa. I think you should take it out of the box and take a couple of photos of the boys, just to make sure that it is not broken:)

that ^^

I don't remember what gear you have Tiff but if this is your first L lens, you're going to have a very pleasant surprise.

puddlepirate44
2nd of February 2010 (Tue), 19:48

Wow. You do shoot things other than dogs. Great, now I owe Lisa $5.

ignore the podunk setup

Aww... *sniff* lookit the babies....

that ^^

I don't remember what gear you have Tiff but if this is your first L lens, you're going to have a very pleasant surprise.

Of all the Canon lenses I've ever had, the 135 was my most favorite, followed closely by the 70-200 f/4 IS L.