PDA

View Full Version : The 34th Random TPBM Chat and Bubble Wrap Bursting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

3Turner
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:39
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs12/f/2006/337/2/2/Snake_Hunter_by_Reschu.gif

misspix
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:40
*pounces on prey, messily dismembering (cool trick too) the snake who was clutching it*

ooop. sowwy :o

*tosses a piece of home made jerky to Drache and heads back to check coffee roast*
Hey! Cool trick!

*snags from mid air and retreats to lair with tasty treat*

misspix
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:41
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs12/f/2006/337/2/2/Snake_Hunter_by_Reschu.gif
:lol:

...I mean :shock: GAAAAAAAAA!

Permagrin
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:42
LOL!!

I just finished roasting some Ethiopian Harrar. Holy moo does it have a lot of chaff. I thought I was going to have a fire.

3Turner
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:43
Dang Lisa, that's chaff.

3Turner
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:45
Get yo groove on
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/288/4/f/Mouse_Woot_by_grayseer_thanquol.gif

misspix
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:47
LOL!!

I just finished roasting some Ethiopian Harrar. Holy moo does it have a lot of chaff. I thought I was going to have a fire.
They make a cream for that...
Get yo groove on
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/288/4/f/Mouse_Woot_by_grayseer_thanquol.gif
:lol::lol:

3Turner
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:49
Okay, so I saw some cool stuff today...and had my camera. :D

First up...this was the second pass of 4 F-15 Eagle's passing over my house....this was awesome.
http://www.arturnerphotography.com/photos/782569132_KHrqk-L.jpg

And a close up of a the solo trying to catch up.
http://www.arturnerphotography.com/photos/782568166_ndS2F-L.jpg

And then while running errands....I really wish I could have been driving this car instead:cool:
http://www.arturnerphotography.com/photos/782567234_u3ocv-L.jpg

monkeygirl
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:50
I wish our sky water would turn white. But, it ain't gonna happen... It's at least a month too late and the temps here are already getting into the 50s.

As I drove home from work, I passed a car and a small pickup truck parked on the street about two or three blocks east of me. The water was almost up to the windshield of the car. The pickup truck had a "for sale" sign in the window, too. Yeah.... That's one truck I won't be buying!

Why do people park cars next to a recessed curb here in the desert when it's raining?!? :rolleyes:

because people are stupid sometimes.

I otter tell you what a great day The Fish and I had shooting! :lol:

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/Other/Newly-Added/River-Otter-at-Ridgefield/782324810_UbagC-XL.jpg

Love the otters.

Star, our german shorthair is on a sleep over.
Serra, the little black dog who is scared of men, is also on a sleepover.
Polly, the little rat terrier, finalized her adoption today.
Suzie, our little three legged dog, adoption was finalized today as well.

Kirby got his bandages off, but stitches stayed in. He's wearing the collar of shame.

SOunds like a great weekend Cat

Thanks Becky.

Chris, here's the best of my eagle efforts.

http://mchurliman.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p591864308-5.jpg

Nice birds Sid

Poor poor Kirby. :(

He figured out how to angle the cone of shame so that he can still lick his foot.
So we put a muzzle on him instead.
He freaked out, and was trying to get the muzzle off with his injured foot, and we were afraid that he was going to rip the stitches open doing that.

SO... (notice full ellipses) we put the cone AND the muzzle on him.

He is severely dejected right now, and staring at me with eyes that are breaking my heart in a million pieces.

poor baby.

She just called again and is having a wonderful time...with the exception of the Hollywood Tower of Terror "coaster." That apparently did NOT go over well.

That is really pretty.

Omgosh, really?

This is adorable!! Prediction shot, maybe? ;) (Prediction of Tif's family in a few years.....)

That is lovely. You guys really had fun with the 600 and ended up with some really cool shots!

Poor dude!!

The unofficial, official consensus is 20-24" here in our area. There are some decent sized drifts, and I suspect those will get a little more interesting throughout the night as the wind is picking up.

Had Toddler out for about 2 hours this morning, although I was out for about 4...he hung with the neighbor lady for a little while and they loved every minute. Got our driveway cleared (although I'm grateful that I didn't do all of it, the curve at the top was too steep and the tractor got stuck....)....fun day! Then boy and I snuggled in for a nap and passed out for a couple of hours.

Tomorrow will be day 2 of clearing. The wind could go away however. AND I might get to have a snowy senior session. (Fafa, you know about this one already, it just hadn't happened yet).

Let Blondie know that it is not "Aunt" Heather's favorite ride either. I may be going up to Disneyland on Thursday with a couple of friends. Glad things went well clearing the drive - has BJ made it home yet?

Da Moser.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Absolutely.

And we only have Mose, Kirby and Luna right now.

Mosey still has really bad runs, but he will wake me up to let him out in the middle of the night. The night he had the accident in his crate, I ignored his bark. :oops:
(that'll teach me, huh?)

He hasn't had an accident in the house for awhile.

Kirby is wonderfully housebroken. He hasn't had any accidents since the first day or two that he was here.

Your house must be absolutly quiet without everyone there. Hope Mosey's stomach gets straightened out soon.

Evening all - back from the monkey santuary. Was a fun day - working in the rain, then found out that one of our monkeys was creating his own enrichment and was unraveling the chain link fence that his enclosure is made out of, then found one of the other monkeys playing with a quarter, luckly "Mom" was sitting with me, and told her to give it to her, so the monkey threw it at her.

Zane - loved the text. It made me laugh

3Turner
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:53
Evening Heather.
Evening all - back from the monkey santuary. Was a fun day - working in the rain, then found out that one of our monkeys was creating his own enrichment and was unraveling the chain link fence that his enclosure is made out of, then found one of the other monkeys playing with a quarter, luckly "Mom" was sitting with me, and told her to give it to her, so the monkey threw it at her.
Yikes! Public going into monkey reserve being careless with coins?

Chet

And then while running errands....I really wish I could have been driving this car instead:cool:

WOW that's an expensive car to be tooling around in. It's condition looks flawless.

cfpackerfan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vwgOMgyk0E

misspix
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:54
Nice shots, Bobert!

misspix
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 22:55
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My volume was on high :lol: Pup barooooo'd LOL!!

3Turner
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:04
WOW that's an expensive car to be tooling around in. It's condition looks flawless.
You're tellin' me....it even has "Hazard County" on the bottom of the license plate.

:lol: :lol:

Nice shots, Bobert!
Thanks Terri.

Skrim17
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:06
I got to hang out with Ketchup a bit today, she's getting big. Probably tips the scale at 8 pounds!

They have a bell on a string that they ring every time they take her out, she is starting to paw at the string when she has to go, cool huh?

misspix
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:08
I got to hang out with Ketchup a bit today, she's getting big. Probably tips the scale at 8 pounds!

They have a bell on a string that they ring every time they take her out, she is starting to paw at the string when she has to go, cool huh?
That is cool, I have a friend that trained her dog to ring a bell suspended from the door knob.

With that, I bid yawl... g'night!

monkeygirl
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:08
Evening Heather.

Yikes! Public going into monkey reserve being careless with coins?

Robert - this santuary is not open to the public, although we do tours if asked. Not sure where the quarter came from or how long she had it - I watched her remove it from her cheek pouch, wash it in a puddle and put it back in her cheek pouch.

Skrim17
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:09
this is at the kitchen door that leads to outside as well.

monkeygirl
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:09
Night Terri. Have a nice relaxing Sunday.

cfpackerfan
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:14
Lisa...

Scrabble

cfpackerfan
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:15
You know what's embarrassing?
My stomach muscles hurt from kneading dough last night. :lol: :lol:

3Turner
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:23
That is cool.

With that, I bid yawl... g'night!
g'night.

Robert - this santuary is not open to the public, although we do tours if asked. Not sure where the quarter came from or how long she had it - I watched her remove it from her cheek pouch, wash it in a puddle and put it back in her cheek pouch.
Ah, maybe it fell out of someone pocket while in the enclosure.

Lisa...

Scrabble
:lol: :lol:

JWright
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:43

"Just the good ol' boys,
Never meanin' no harm,
Beats all you've ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born."

My stomach muscles hurt from kneading dough last night. :lol: :lol:

You were doing it wrong... You're supposed to use your hands.

Permagrin
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:50
Cat, I played.

We're watching Jurassic Park and eating whirly pop popcorn (complete with non plastic butter) ;)

BearLeeAlive
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:54
Have fun, Jim. Everyone here raves about Avatar, doubt we'll get to it, we just aren't movie people, but; we should at least think about it, I suppose.:D
You should go. I rarely go to movies, 2 times a year at best. This movie was absolutely fantastic!!!! :D
Seriously, one of the best movies I have seen, the effects were breathtaking. I have never seen 3D that looked anywhere near that good. I only wish I had seen it in an Imax theatre, that would be the only way to top it.
Kona's new favorite thing is to come into the office when I'm drawing, come up under my left elbow and give it a little nudge so that the lines go all over. He always gets this look of satisfaction on his face when he does that.
Maybe he too wants to be an artist, just like his daddy. :p

Neat plane shots, and really cool car. :D

cfpackerfan
6th of February 2010 (Sat), 23:55
Cat, I played.

We're watching Jurassic Park and eating whirly pop popcorn (complete with non plastic butter) ;)

I played 'stinko'. :lol: :lol:

And yum.

<---wants popcorn with real butter.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 00:00
I played 'stinko'. :lol: :lol:

And yum.

<---wants popcorn with real butter.

my letters spell out:

oihate (and a blank tile)

monkeygirl
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 00:04
Night everyone. I am out for the night.

Chet
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 00:06
Night kids.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 00:07
g'night Heather.

3Turner
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 00:10
"Just the good ol' boys,
Never meanin' no harm,
Beats all you've ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day they was born."
:lol:

Neat plane shots, and really cool car. :D
Thanks Jim.
Night CHet and Heather.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 00:46
it's so weird to think that Jurassic Park is almost 17 years old. Unbelievable. The effects are SO good. 17 years old. Wow. I remember how I felt the first time I watched it at the theatre, like it was yesterday. I'm getting old.

Belmondo
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 00:50
I just had a dog show on TV. An English Springer Spaniel named Falcon took second in the sporting dog division behind a very pretty Irish Setter.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 00:51
I just had a dog show on TV. An English Springer Spaniel named Falcon took second in the sporting dog division behind a very pretty Irish Setter.

I bet he was less psycho than our two. :lol:

Belmondo
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 01:10
I bet he was less psycho than our two. :lol:

Yeah, a typical show dog. All business.

BO-RING!!

3Turner
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 01:26
Oh gosh....I got QWERTY keyboard rash on my face...need sleep. Night.

Becky N
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 08:00
Okay, so I saw some cool stuff today...and had my camera.

Nice, Bobert and good to see The General.

My stomach muscles hurt from kneading dough last night.

Start a new exercise craze. If you market it right you could get the acreage for H.A.R.T. in no time. Knead yourself to fitness.:D

it's so weird to think that Jurassic Park is almost 17 years old. Unbelievable. The effects are SO good. 17 years old. Wow. I remember how I felt the first time I watched it at the theatre, like it was yesterday. I'm getting old.

I remember being scared out of my seat watching Jaws, it is pretty lame to see it now. :|

JIM!!! Thank you on the advise for the wood floors. I used the Bona yesterday and the floors look great. I'm throwing the Swifter junk out, what a mess it made.

G'MAE all. Cloudy day today, good day to reconcile accounts, do some inside home making and finish by watching a new crop of commercials this evening.:D

FocalPrincess
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 09:38
What is Bona? Sounds like a hardwood miracle treatment?

FocalPrincess
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 09:39
G'mae all....

Chet
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 09:52
Sup dawgs.

BearLeeAlive
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 11:20
JIM!!! Thank you on the advise for the wood floors. I used the Bona yesterday and the floors look great. I'm throwing the Swifter junk out, what a mess it made.:D
You're welcome.
What is Bona? Sounds like a hardwood miracle treatment?
Bona is a company that makes a wide range of hardwood floor finishing products. They also provide a good cleaning system for hardwood floors. We give a cleaning kit out to homeowners when we do a new hardwood install for them.

Belmondo
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 11:23
Happy Super Bowl Sunday, everyone.

I have no lungs left with which to cheer. I hope it is a boring game.

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 11:24

I first saw it in a theater and I think I was the only one who laughed at the scene with the T-Rex chasing the jeep when the T-Rex face appeared in the mirror and the writing on the mirror said "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

I remember being scared out of my seat watching Jaws, it is pretty lame to see it now. :|

After Jaws came out someone, knowing I was a diver, asked me if Jaws scared me enough to stay out of the water. Well, the movie scared me so badly I quit going to movies...

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 11:33
<-------- Just because...

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 11:36
I wouldn't swim in the ocean for YEARS after seeing Jaws.

I've got chicken BBQ in the crock pot, made potato salad this morning and will prepare corn and biscuits before the game starts. yay super bowl!

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 11:48
that sounds so healthy.

We've got junk. But tasty junk. Dan's doing nachos. Buying ice cream. Yeah, we'll be sick. :lol::lol:

neil_r
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 11:49
After Jaws came out someone, knowing I was a diver, asked me if Jaws scared me enough to stay out of the water. Well, the movie scared me so badly I quit going to movies...

I wouldn't swim in the ocean for YEARS after seeing Jaws.

LoL I have always enjoyed shark encounters underwater, however I have deliberately avoided seeing the film "Open Water" not because of the sharks but because of the incompetent dive boat crew.

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 11:55
I want to get Eli an ice cream maker for his birthday, we don't eat much of it but I think he would like making it and we could use organic ingredients. I do get him tofutti which isn't bad at all, but it is pricey and nt an easy recipe to make. You can make gelatto pretty easily tho, he has a bit of eczema that sometimes gets worse with dairy, so we limit it.

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:08
LoL I have always enjoyed shark encounters underwater, however I have deliberately avoided seeing the film "Open Water" not because of the sharks but because of the incompetent dive boat crew.

A couple of years after Jaws was released, I was sent off to Eniwetok Atoll to participate in the clean-up of the islands in preparation for them being returned to the native Marshallese people.

We were responsible for cleaning every thing from the high tide line out across the reefs. In addition to cleaning up left overs' from the atomic weapons testing that took place on the atoll, we also cleaned up a lot of debris from the WWII battle that was fought there.

We spent a lot of time on the reefs, not doing much diving. Once the tide came in, all the sharks started coming with it, so we spent a lot of time wading in the same water they were swimming in. Our CO even had one swim between his legs. These were Black-tipped, White-tipped and Grey Reef Sharks, all fairly aggressive species.

Belmondo
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:15
Sounds like fun, John.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:17
of the three, the grey reef sharks would be the most worrisome but only if you were infringing on their territories...mostly people dive with those species quite a bit without injury. I'd worry more if there were bull or tiger sharks in the vicinity.

I'm actually quite envious of your time in the water with them.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:22
so what's everyone doing for Super Bowl Sunday?

We are totally being antisocial. :lol:
Not really. Well sort of. We're just tired. Kona requires extra attention when he can't play with Hale. Hale requires extra attention after surgery. I'm so tired I just can't think. (bad night) Thankfully, some other stresses have lessened a bit.

Belmondo
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:27

Coughing and paying bills. Depending on how much I get done this morning, I might not even have time to watch the game.

Who am I kidding? :lol:

poppie guy
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:29

We are totally being antisocial. :lol:
Not really. Well sort of. We're just tired. Kona requires extra attention when he can't play with Hale. Hale requires extra attention after surgery. I'm so tired I just can't think. (bad night) Thankfully, some other stresses have lessened a bit.

We're leaving for church in a few minutes. This afternoon, Jonathan, Amanda, and the grandkids are coming out to watch the game with us. We're having wings and a lot of snacks to nibble on. No ice cream though. Dang, maybe I'd better get some on the way home.:lol:

neil_r
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:30
Our CO even had one swim between his legs. These were Black-tipped, White-tipped and Grey Reef Sharks, all fairly aggressive species.

Black and White Tips are really common in the Maldives and their most common characteristic is that they totally ignore divers :-)

I was diving with a relatively new young woman diver once when a grey reef shark decided that he wanted a closer look at us, we were at about 15 meters making our way down to the reef at about 25 meters,
. The shark swam past us and then turned around and came to within about two feet of the poor girl mask, she froze and the shark did not move for about 1 minute, then turned and headed off, I signaled to the girl that we would carry on down, only for her to tell me that she was down to only 50 bar, she had managed to get through about 40 mins of air in the three or four minutes of her "Close Encounter" :-)

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:36
Sounds like fun, John.

It was, actually... And they even gave us a medal for it. :D

of the three, the grey reef sharks would be the most worrisome but only if you were infringing on their territories...mostly people dive with those species quite a bit without injury. I'd worry more if there were bull or tiger sharks in the vicinity.

I'm actually quite envious of your time in the water with them.

I think it was diving that really made me appreciative of the environment. I can still remember some of the dives I made around California's channel islands. We also spent some time diving in the lagoon at Eniwetok and some of the others collected the Tridacna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tridacna) (Giant Clams). Myself, I couldn't see it...

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:38
I'm quoting these here because I'd like an answer and the thread that they are in, is whacked. I know several of you have a 7D:

I know the answer, but I don't own a 7D.

Hint- Battery grip will not help.
Hint - While all cameras will slow down when you start shooting a shutter speeds below the flash synch speed, this is not why the 7D specifically slows down in low light. 7D will slow down in low light no matter what shutter speed you select.

All high speed cameras will slow down with slow shutter speeds, but this is not the only reason why the 7D slows in low light. You can put a 7D on a tripod in M mode and set the shutter speed to 1/4000. Leave the lens cap on and it will shoot at 4 fps even in M mode, no NR, no nothing.

I'm not really qualified to answer in this thread since I do not own a 7D (as stipulated by the OP) but the answer is because the 7D re-meters the scene between exposures. And for some strange reason, in low light this meter reading slows the 7D down like no other camera.

There are almost no work arounds. The closest is to point the camera at some bright lights and stab the exposure lock button. Then you have to hold that for the rest of the shoot. No super good ergonomics.

The problem is referenced on page 93 of the manual, so Canon knew about it. One wonders why they didn't just fix it. At least in M mode the damn meter should turn off after shot 1 in a burst. It isn't like most photogs need to see the needle as the camera hammers along.

okay so what I'm wondering is, since Jeffrey (someone sane on the thread) says that the manual states that there is a slowdown on pg. 93....what's up with that? I don't remember any of the other canon cameras doing that? So is this an new thing on the new cameras? on the 5D2 as well? I haven't read any of the threads on these cameras...I was just bored and roaming the forum. I'm just wondering why? It seems like a really big deal actually, I'd hate it...why would they do that?

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:39
It was, actually... And they even gave us a medal for it. :D

I think it was diving that really made me appreciative of the environment. I can still remember some of the dives I made around California's channel islands. We also spent some time diving in the lagoon at Eniwetok and some of the others collected the Tridacna (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tridacna) (Giant Clams). Myself, I couldn't see it...

being me...(I blame Dan) my first thought was to go for the joke, when you said you spent time cleaning up nuclear debris. :cool::lol::lol:

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:46

Right now I'm trying to repair a bi-fold closet door and later I have to go pull the spare tire out of the truck so I can take it to get repaired this week.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 12:49
I'm wondering how Zane is doing. I expect he's probably pretty exhausted by now.

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:05
I love it when the cat helps... I was kneeling down adjusting the bottom of the door when this white paw came under the door and took a chunk out of my thumb. :confused:

Jon
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:12
I'm quoting these here because I'd like an answer and the thread that they are in, is whacked. I know several of you have a 7D:
okay so what I'm wondering is, since Jeffrey (someone sane on the thread) says that the manual states that there is a slowdown on pg. 93....what's up with that? I don't remember any of the other canon cameras doing that? So is this an new thing on the new cameras? on the 5D2 as well? I haven't read any of the threads on these cameras...I was just bored and roaming the forum. I'm just wondering why? It seems like a really big deal actually, I'd hate it...why would they do that?What the manual actually says is "the continuous shooting speed may become slower even if a fast shutter speed is set". Note - "may", not "will", which is OP's premise. The 7D, I believe, takes a more proactive approach to NR than any previous camera. It may be possible to maintain 8 fps if you shoot M, MF, and disable both Long Exposure NR and High ISO NR. But I so rarely need even 6 fps that I'm not going to bother testing it. Only time I used 10 fps on the 1D3 was for these, when "spray and pray" was pretty much your only option to catch one in the air:
http://jonbarrettphoto.smugmug.com/photos/679785516_SiiAY-XL.jpg
And that was obviously not in low light conditions . . .

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:14
Interesting.

theague
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:22
I missed your star trails post here Kody but saw them on FB. My favorite is the first one (there). Nice job.
Thanks Lisa ;)

What the manual actually says is "the continuous shooting speed may become slower even if a fast shutter speed is set". Note - "may", not "will", which is OP's premise. The 7D, I believe, takes a more proactive approach to NR than any previous camera. It may be possible to maintain 8 fps if you shoot M, MF, and disable both Long Exposure NR and High ISO NR. But I so rarely need even 6 fps that I'm not going to bother testing it. Only time I used 10 fps on the 1D3 was for these, when "spray and pray" was pretty much your only option to catch one in the air:
http://jonbarrettphoto.smugmug.com/photos/679785516_SiiAY-XL.jpg

Awesome Shot Jon.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:25
wow, I just saw another weather report that another big storm is going to hit, starting in the plains and will hit Baltimore/D.C. and north again.

Jon
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:42
wow, I just saw another weather report that another big storm is going to hit, starting in the plains and will hit Baltimore/D.C. and north again.

Yep. Supposed to get here Tuesday, last I heard. The sedan's dug out (unless the county plows it in again), but I don't expect to see the wagon until May.
http://jonbarrettphoto.smugmug.com/photos/783028662_CbtbH-XL.jpg

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:43
oh my gosh, I've never seen that much snow IRL.

BearLeeAlive
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:49
Yep. Supposed to get here Tuesday, last I heard. The sedan's dug out (unless the county plows it in again), but I don't expect to see the wagon until May.

That sure looks like heavy wet snow. Does it usually last long, or will it melt off fairly quick.
Was your ground frozen hard before the snow?
oh my gosh, I've never seen that much snow IRL.
Come on up here. Not hordes in the city right now, but a short trip to the mountains and we can find you stuff a few meters deep if you wish. :D

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:51
I was reading that 7 roofs collapsed so far. One airplane hanger with a few jets in it.

The funny thing was, the news article went through the collapses & who was in the buildings...said no one was injured. Then at the end said "one fireman got a cut on his hand". :lol: It was like...all drama (and truly the storm and it's effects ARE drama) and then the cut hand...

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:54
this was the article
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p988916137-4.jpg

thomascanty
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 13:55
Come on up here. Not hordes in the city right now, but a short trip to the mountains and we can find you stuff a few meters deep if you wish. :D

And, here I'm living in sunny southern California, and I thought... "Wow. That's it? That doesn't look like much at all!" :lol: :rolleyes:

Must be all that time I've spent in the local, and not so local mountains. If I can see the ground floor level of the houses in the background, it ain't all that much snow... :lol:

BearLeeAlive
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 14:15
this was the article
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p988916137-4.jpg
That is a picture, not an article. But a very nice picture nonetheless. :D

Pete
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 14:15
From today on the Oregon coast at Pacific City and Garibaldi.

There were some big waves today. The rock in this photo is over a mile from where we were, the wave was about 1/4 mile further away.
http://mchurliman.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p302335433-5.jpg

http://mchurliman.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p296977464-5.jpg

http://mchurliman.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p227837572-5.jpg

Just wow...! Splendid...

Nice work, Mike!

I don't have anything that spectacular.

But I kind of liked this:

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/Other/Newly-Added/Haystack-Rock-Cape-Kiwanda-1/781951259_nDiDs-XL.jpg

You guys have such a nice coast....

I otter tell you what a great day The Fish and I had shooting! :lol:

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/Other/Newly-Added/River-Otter-at-Ridgefield/782324810_UbagC-XL.jpg

Love this, especially the reflection.

Well, off to clean up, then Lisa and I are off on a date to dinner and go check out Avatar.

Ali and I saw it a week or so ago. The 3D effect was very impressive (in some parts more than others). Was a very good film, but a little "Save the world" in places.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm watching a special and this MONSTER sized spider (the "wandering spider"...native to Brazil) kills in 3 hrs. It's 5in or bigger...gahgahgahgahgah

Darn, missed it!

OH WOW!

I was just reading over on coffee geek and the designer of my particular roaster uses it to roast almonds and cashews too :lol: Everyone's been trying it (not me...I don't even know where to buy unroasted almonds or cashews) and say they are TDF!

Ooooh. That sounds nice. I love cashews....

http://jonbarrettphoto.smugmug.com/photos/783028662_CbtbH-XL.jpg

Wow, that's deep. Looks like the road is clear though. When it snowed here, all of the side roads remained in snow-ice for weeks afterwards. We have a friend stuck in Philly airport at the moment.

Lisa, I guess you noticed that I've updated my forum, hope it hasn't caused you any problems.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 14:19
gah. roof news. sorry about the wrong link :lol:

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1882549

Pete, yep I did. Seems to work great. Looks better.

Pete
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 14:25
Thanks Lisa. I agree that it looks nicer as well (more modern).

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 14:30
being me...(I blame Dan) my first thought was to go for the joke, when you said you spent time cleaning up nuclear debris. :cool::lol::lol:

I had a test for baseline radiation levels before I left, but they kept us away from the areas that still had high radioactivity levels, so I don't glow in the dark... :D

Jon
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 14:52
That sure looks like heavy wet snow. Does it usually last long, or will it melt off fairly quick.
Was your ground frozen hard before the snow?

Come on up here. Not hordes in the city right now, but a short trip to the mountains and we can find you stuff a few meters deep if you wish. :DFirst 30 cm or so were good snowball snow; the later stuff's more powdery. The ground wasn't frozen at all.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 14:56
poor Hale. Dan just left with Kona to go for a walk (and burn some of his energy off). Hale didn't throw a fit. She just looked at the door, did this pitiful groan and while in a sitting position, put her head on the ground (so you could only see the cone)...and stayed that way. :(

she's on mama's lap now.

Belmondo
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:03
poor Hale. Dan just left with Kona to go for a walk (and burn some of his energy off). Hale didn't throw a fit. She just looked at the door, did this pitiful groan and while in a sitting position, put her head on the ground (so you could only see the cone)...and stayed that way. :(

she's on mama's lap now.

Aha! You're a sucker for a cone around the neck. I'll remember that for the next time we get together.

;)

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:13
Aha! You're a sucker for a cone around the neck. I'll remember that for the next time we get together.

;)
:lol::lol:

poppie guy
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:33
Just wow...! Splendid...

You guys have such a nice coast....

Thanks Pete, and yes the Oregon coast is beautiful! I grew up about a mile from where Chris's shot of the rock and cape are. Chris grew up a couple miles from where we saw the gulls. Both places are in Tillamook county, but south county, where I'm from, is much nicer than north county, where Chris is from.:D:D

poppie guy
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:36
[IMG]http://jonbarrettphoto.smugmug.com/photos/679785516_SiiAY-XL.jpg

Nice capture Jon!

Becky N
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:36
I've got chicken BBQ in the crock pot, made potato salad this morning and will prepare corn and biscuits before the game starts. yay super bowl!

I was going to do soup but while looking through a book came upon Pastitsio and decided on that instead.

Church, mom's, church again (when we sing it is for both services), started laundry, Baxter time with a game of fetch and a long walk, (saw the deer:D), found above recipe, went to grocery for missing ingredients and some staple type foods, checking in here before continuing the laundry, reconciling accounts, returning invoices and doing match-ups from missing work last week, will check in more here and watch the commercials. Might do more Baxter time and/or walk myself with the long lens (course there won't be any deer then but what the heck):D Glad you asked?:lol:

poppie guy
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:38
I was going to do soup but while looking through a book came upon Pastitsio and decided on that instead.

Church, mom's, church again (when we sing it is for both services), started laundry, Baxter time with a game of fetch and a long walk, (saw the deer:D), found above recipe, went to grocery for missing ingredients and some staple type foods, checking in here before continuing the laundry, reconciling accounts, returning invoices and doing match-ups from missing work last week, will check in more here and watch the commercials. Might do more Baxter time and/or walk myself with the long lens (course there won't be any deer then but what the heck):D Glad you asked?:lol:

Sounds like a full day. I'm hoping we get some sunshine this afternoon. I'd like to take a few more shots with the 600L before I have to return it tomorrow morning.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:43
lol Becky. Sounds like a crazy day! *straightens up jammies in order to not look like a slovenly layabout* :lol:

This is the plan for spring:
http://web.oregon.com/hiking/opal_creek.cfm

It's a 7 mi. round trip hike and the Oregon chapter of TPBM is doing it. :) (sloooowly) :lol:

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:44
Terri, I wonder...did you know we're doing that?? :lol:

CAT!! You should fly up!! you should you should you should...

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:46
here's some photos of jawbone flats (http://images.google.com/images?q=jawbone+flats+photographs&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=XyZvS-ShA5H6sgP6l8WxDQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQsAQwAA) (the turn around point in the hike)

poppie guy
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:53
lol Becky. Sounds like a crazy day! *straightens up jammies in order to not look like a slovenly layabout* :lol:

It's a 7 mi. round trip hike and the Oregon chapter of TPBM is doing it. :) (sloooowly) :lol:

I'm looking forward to this outing. Terri and the cat would make it even nicer!

Becky N
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:55

It's a 7 mi. round trip hike and the Oregon chapter of TPBM is doing it. (sloooowly)

I want to come...

Terri, I wonder...did you know we're doing that??

Now I really want to come. *sigh*

poppie guy
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 15:58
I'm looking forward to this outing. Terri and the cat would make it even nicer!

I want to come...

Terri, the cat, the mouse, and Becky. If that happens we can be sure that flame boy will show up too.:lol:

T.D.
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:03
A couple more from Friday:

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/Other/Newly-Added/Alder-Reflection-near-Neskowin/782717387_JChKN-XL.jpg

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/Other/Newly-Added/1-2/781960701_GUJpX-XL.jpg

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/Other/Newly-Added/Limestone-on-Cape-Kiwanda/782719718_YpQB9-XL.jpg

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:17
Terri, the cat, the mouse, and Becky. If that happens we can be sure that flame boy will show up too.:lol:

oh that sounds idyllic!!

Nice, Chrs!

I saw those two rock shots in your gallery last night. Cool textures.

Pete
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:19
Nice Chris. You have an excellent eye for colour and form.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:19
wow, the Who formed in 1964. Their group is older than I am...that's pretty significant. :lol:

Pete
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:20
wow, the Who formed in 1964. Their group is older than I am...that's pretty significant. :lol:

Also older than I... :D

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:20
Just had to bathe Kona. He decided that mud was the event du jour. :confused: Thankfully Dan was here to help. K behaves much better when he is.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:21
Also older than I... :D

but exactly the same age as Puddle & T.D. That also is significant...:cool::lol:

Pete
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:22
but exactly the same age as Puddle & T.D. That also is significant...:cool::lol:

That explains a great deal... :D

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:25
Just a teensy bit older than me!

T.D.
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:26
oh that sounds idyllic!!

Nice, Chrs!

I saw those two rock shots in your gallery last night. Cool textures.

Thanks!

Nice Chris. You have an excellent eye for colour and form.

Thanks, Pete. The close ups are with the 600. Love that lens!

Wrong-o! Puddle is a year older than me. As are The Who (the band - not the members :lol:)

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:27
Wrong-o! Puddle is a year older than me. As are The Who (the band - not the members :lol:)

really? (as in, no foolin'?) I thought you were the same age

Guess You and Crissa are. (as in the "guess you" ) :)

Belmondo
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:29
Just a teensy bit older than me!And me.
:rolleyes:

T.D.
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:29
really? (as in, no foolin'?) I thought you were the same age

Guess You and Crissa are. (as in the "guess you" ) :)

No foolin'.

You can remember my age by knowing the # of the Super Bowl being played. It's the same age as me. :D

T.D.
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:31
By the way...I had a nice surprise this weekend. A perfect stranger bought a download of one of my images for commercial use! :shock: :mrgreen:

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:32
By the way...I had a nice surprise this weekend. A perfect stranger bought a download of one of my images for commercial use! :shock: :mrgreen:

NICE

Pete
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 16:33

Doesn't surprise me in the least, Chris.

The only surprise is that it's not happened sooner.

puddlepirate44
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 17:26

Those are nice, Chris. I love the geology around Kiwanda.

This is for Lisa, post Super Bowl:

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p77625957-5.jpg

:D

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 17:30
oooo la laaaa

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 17:30
LOL!! hahaha the tag sticking out just is so me...:lol::lol::lol:

Pete
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 17:34
Well, that's a "come hither" look if ever I saw one...

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 17:36

Wow! A year before I graduated from high school... :mrgreen:

poppie guy
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 17:38

I like them, especially this one!

Congrats!!

Belmondo
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 17:43
A mouse-tail and a gown together do create some interesting engineering challenges, You handled it well, Dan. Love the tag.

Becky N
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 18:13

Love them, this one is cool...Dan what kind of rock? Love the color and texture.

wow, the Who formed in 1964. Their group is older than I am...that's pretty significant.

Also older than I...

Not me, but...

Wow! A year before I graduated from high school...

...not by that much.:p I was in 3rd grade.

By the way...I had a nice surprise this weekend. A perfect stranger bought a download of one of my images for commercial use!

Very cool, congrats.

oooo la laaaa

I was going to say that or WOWSERS!!!

LOL!! hahaha the tag sticking out just is so me...

:lol::lol::lol:

No deer, but I did use the better beamer, post coming up.

Becky N
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 18:34
Botanical

Berries still ready for the taking:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783263906_dbQg2-O.jpg

Others winter withered:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783263892_ezjkc-O.jpg

Milkweed:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783263946_C55dx-O.jpg

A itty bitty bit of evening sun lent to one back lit shot:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783263876_m85tp-O.jpg

Becky N
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 18:36
Avian aka Boids

Chick-a-dee
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783262618_T2Ey8-O.jpg

Geese in flight, nothing spectacular I just like the framing from the twigs:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783262665_Bke32-O.jpg

A shy female house finch or purple finch, hard to tell the difference and I don't want to look it up:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783262699_QyviD-O.jpg

Getting ready to go roost:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783262762_6D43P-O.jpg

Becky N
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 18:37
My dad's favorite bird was the waxwing and everytime my mom was down or making a decision after he died waxwings would appear. This morning I told my mom we need some waxwings at a golf course, SD was a golfer. No golf course but I got the shot before the tears flowed:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783262646_ckNEY-O.jpg

And did I get a fourfer?

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 18:40
Nice shots Becky!

I went kitty hunting this afternoon

http://skarimbas.smugmug.com/photos/783275138_Kdtyi-L.jpg

http://skarimbas.smugmug.com/photos/783275028_ZD7mn-L.jpg

http://skarimbas.smugmug.com/photos/783274867_KCzYx-L.jpg

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 18:44
nice shots Becky...love the cardinals.

Nice tspin shots Crissa

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 18:48
LOL, love the Doritos commercial!!

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 18:54
hahaha loved the bud light comm. :lol:

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 18:54
OK, not so much the second doritos one...

CrazieCricket
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:04

It's a 7 mi. round trip hike and the Oregon chapter of TPBM is doing it. (sloooowly) :lol:
I wanna go!!!!!! I need to know dates, please. Since I am planning on going back to Oregon for a visit in the spring anyway, this would be a fun addition!:D

Cool!!! and loved the shots you posted.

Wowzers!

My dad's favorite bird was the waxwing and everytime my mom was down or making a decision after he died waxwings would appear. This morning I told my mom we need some waxwings at a golf course, SD was a golfer. No golf course but I got the shot before the tears flowed:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783262646_ckNEY-O.jpg

And did I get a fourfer?
Great shots, Becky. These^^^^are very pretty birds.

Nice shots Becky!

I went kitty hunting this afternoon

http://skarimbas.smugmug.com/photos/783275138_Kdtyi-L.jpg

Ohhhhh love the color of his eyes!

HAHA! I liked the one of the little kid slapping the guy for looking at his mom and eating the doritoes. Is that the one your talking about?

misspix
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:18

It's a 7 mi. round trip hike and the Oregon chapter of TPBM is doing it. (sloooowly) :lol:
Um...

No, I did not! :lol: But I do now! Looks like a wonderful hike!
I want to come...

Just a flight away!

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/Other/Newly-Added/Alder-Reflection-near-Neskowin/782717387_JChKN-XL.jpg

I absolutely love this, Chris.
Congrats!!!

LOLOL! Love the tag! Hahahaahaha!
Avian aka Boids

Chick-a-dee

Geese in flight, nothing spectacular I just like the framing from the twigs:

A shy female house finch or purple finch, hard to tell the difference and I don't want to look it up:

Getting ready to go roost:
http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/783262762_6D43P-O.jpg
All good! This one is my fave. And I got a tad choky on the waxwing *sniff*

misspix
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:20
Got a message from Glow Boy: 'Snow. Lots of it. No power for up to a week. Wave to POTN'

I hope they are okay. *frets*

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:27

That was great!

hahaha loved the bud light comm. :lol:

I'm waiting for the Clydesdales.

So far the game itself is putting me to sleep...

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:29
HAHA! I liked the one of the little kid slapping the guy for looking at his mom and eating the doritoes. Is that the one your talking about?

the one I liked was the first one, and now I can't remember what it was!! The kid slapping the guy was the second one, not one of my faves.

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:30
the one I liked was the first one, and now I can't remember what it was!! The kid slapping the guy was the second one, not one of my faves.

It was the dog putting the bark collar on the guy sitting on the bench...

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:31
There have been a couple of cute trailers for CBS programs, particularly NCIS and Big Bang Theory.

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:32
YES!!! Thanks John!!

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:38
Justice prevails... I was all for the dog in that one.

misspix
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:40
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:41
GAH!! A friend of ours just invited us to Hawaii for a week. We'd only have to afford airfare & food. *looks around for things to sell*:lol:

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:41
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

oh LOL!! I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF YOU during that commercial.

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:42
Wow Lisa, hope you can scrape it together!!

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:44
DH can't wait to see that movie, yikes, he can take the kid and go without ME!!!

Skrim17
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:45
not that Punxatawney Polomalu is any less creepy...

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:45
Wow Lisa, hope you can scrape it together!!

don't think it's in the cards...

misspix
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 19:58
GAH!! A friend of ours just invited us to Hawaii for a week. We'd only have to afford airfare & food. *looks around for things to sell*:lol:
That would be wonderful!
:shock: HOLY HOCK!!! I really didn't think it could become creepier *shudder*
DH can't wait to see that movie, yikes, he can take the kid and go without ME!!!
I wouldn't let my kids watch the Disney version :o Truly, I do believe it scarred me for life :lol:

JWright
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 20:02

I'm looking forward to it. I'm a big Johnny Depp fan.

not that Punxatawney Polomalu is any less creepy...

That was just downright weird...

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 20:03
oh gosh...they sound like grandpas singing Who songs :confused:

the stones didn't sound old....

dotTif
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 20:05

They really do

They really did

but the lighting is cool :cool:

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 20:06
lol...at least these guys can still play.

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 20:07
They really did

nonono they didn't SOUND old. They looked it. Except for Keith Richards...he looked dead...

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 20:10
hahaha we decided we want a grandpa like Pete Townsend

misspix
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 20:11

Yeah. That^^ and that^^
nonono they didn't SOUND old. They looked it. Except for Keith Richards...he looked dead...
Keith Richards died in 1977. He just won't lay down. :lol:

Permagrin
7th of February 2010 (Sun), 20:13
Keith Richards died in 1977. He just won't lay down. :lol:

hahahaha

dotTif
nonono they didn't SOUND old. They looked it.

WHATEVER!! This is young and delicious...

http://www.fistfulofsports.com/uploaded_images/SB40-Stones-748234.jpg

:lol::lol::cool:

mtnphtgrphr

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that ^^^^^ *giggle*