PDA

View Full Version : The 34th Random TPBM Chat and Bubble Wrap Bursting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Permagrin
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:11
playing with one of my new light textures on a baby Jawa
http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p372636001-4.jpg

DWilkin
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:15
Hi Dwight.

This should work
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

WOW - Many thanks, Permie. That hasn't been done since my puker was new, probably five years now. I can see a difference. No more umlauts. :)

Belmondo
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:23
Wsee a difference. No more umlauts. :)

You've ruined it!! :evil:

Permagrin
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:26
WOW - Many thanks, Permie. That hasn't been done since my puker was new, probably five years now. I can see a difference. No more umlauts. :)
lol! you're most welcome Don-Dwight. ;)

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:28
Anyone interested in building a neat desktop curio. If so build two, I would like one too. ;)

http://www.maniacworld.com/impossible-picture.jpg

Permagrin
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:29
oh gosh. I went looking for donut run photos and found some of the funniest shots from days gone by. I'll probably have several less friends on FB after today. :lol::lol:

Kendoway
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:32
Anyone interested in building a neat desktop curio. If so build two, I would like one too. ;)

Hey that's super spiffy. Where did you find it Jim?

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:41
Hey that's super spiffy. Where did you find it Jim?
On a woodworking forum. I still can't figure it out. :lol:

Belmondo
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:53
It's one of those things that you have to look at from precisely the correct angle.

The piece from the left leg that appears to be going into the back of the right leg is cut at precisely the proper angle to give that illusion. If the camera was moved an inch to the left or right, it would ruin the effect.

short5
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:57

*eyes cross*

Skrim17
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:04
No idea how that happened, but he'll probably answer to it He's even older than I am, so he might actually believe that's his name. LOL

evening folks, home for a brief respite before my board meeting tonight. Yummy turkey burgers momma made have been consumed and if I'm lucky I might even get in a 10 minute power nap!

short5
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:06
LOL

evening folks, home for a brief respite before my board meeting tonight. Yummy turkey burgers momma made have been consumed and if I'm lucky I might even get in a 10 minute power nap!Awww, you gave us a minute of your nap to say hi :)

DWilkin
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:16
It's one of those things that you have to look at from precisely the correct angle.

The piece from the left leg that appears to be going into the back of the right leg is cut at precisely the proper angle to give that illusion. If the camera was moved an inch to the left or right, it would ruin the effect.

And if you had it on your desk, you'd have to look at it with one eye shut. PITA. Dwight. :p

Belmondo
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:27
And if you had it on your desk, you'd have to look at it with one eye shut. PITA. Dwight. :p

I wear glasses. I'd have to shut three of them.

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:28

Makes sense, especially that that piece intersects the two posts at different heights too.

misspix
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:48
*eyes cross*
That ^^ lol

I wear glasses. I'd have to shut three of them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

thomascanty
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:51
I am always intrigued by people that friend people they don't know and then pretend to be old friends. There are people that friend people from POTN they have never interacted with just because others on POTN are friends with them. It always seems a little odd when I see comments from someone here on an old friends page and the only way they know that person is by following friends lists to potn people.

I pretty much stopped logging into MySpace because I picked up a stalker last year. Some woman sent me a friend request out of the blue. I always accepted all friend invites, so I accepted hers. Suddenly, I started getting flooded with dozens of messages each day, all signed off with "Your SoCal girlfriend". A couple days after we became "friends", she started bugging me, asking several times a day when we could "finally" meet in person. It was really getting creepy fast. So, I left MySpace...

Now, I'm much more selective about who I accept as a friend on Facebook. And, since I learned that my boss at work likes to spy on me online, I've also locked down my Facebook account so pretty much nothing is visible except to my friends.

All my life, I've lived my life like an open book. I never kept anything hidden. It sucks that now I have to go to these extremes. And, for me, they are very extreme.

I thought this one was more convict like :lol:

http://gagliardi.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p577465245-4.jpg

http://www.ldphotography.net/Smilies/rotfl.gif

Here's a nice video for dog lovers.
http://www.wimp.com/servicedog/

*sniff*

*wipes a tear from my eye*

(Ricochet is such a great name for a dog!)

Woolburr
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:51
you do know that you can completely block a person from even seeing you exist on FB? I have two people blocked. They can't search me out. They can't see my posts on mutual friend pages. I can't see theirs. It's like they don't exist.

I had to block some creepy guy from TX that kept insisting we are relatives...(we aren't....not even distantly) This clown was stalker scary. Life is much nicer with him gone. hehehe

Permagrin
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:54
I had to block some creepy guy from TX that kept insisting we are relatives...(we aren't....not even distantly) This clown was stalker scary. Life is much nicer with him gone. hehehe

GAH! creepy. *shudder*

I'm sure you've got an real estate relative locally. I see his signs every time I go to visit my mom :)

thomascanty
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 18:55
I just heard that Pernell Roberts died yesterday. Now, there are no Cartwrights left.

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 19:15
DRIVABLE on a triple triple = 185 points. Just sayin'. :D

puddlepirate44
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 19:18
ZANE! I watched that whole CG compilation. Very cool. Brought back memories. :D

Good morning I'll be the mass next to the tissues today and peppermint tea today :lol:

http://www.puffgames.com/bubblewrap/ <-- Here's a game to honor the special day :lol:

Manic mode is so cool.

This was a fun size comparison for me... Jonathan Sleeping with his Teddy when he was just 1 month old compared to today

1 Month:
http://gagliardi.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p85761271-4.jpg

15 Months:
http://gagliardi.zenfolio.com/img/v6/p714933298-4.jpg

Aww... *sniff*

Z, the super freaky chick JUMPING from hairline crack to hairline crack without a net....:shock: I had to lie down for a bit after watching.

I laid down on the ground. That was insane.

Cool. My cerebral cortex just imploded.

G'MAE, All.

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 19:20
Cool. My cerebral cortex just imploded.
I don't think I even have one of those things. :lol:

TIF, I musta missed quoting, but it that kiddo of yours sure is getting big, wow. :D

theague
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 19:26
you just made my day Kody, thank you!!

You're very welcome :)

That's cool :)

So I have a question that hopefully some will chime in on. I'm trying to sell a filter, circular polarizer, 58mm. It sells brand new for $76 and I'm asking $40. Am I expecting too much from a filter? I have had no responses and am wondering if I need to lower the price to be reasonable in people's mind? Lenses seem to hold their value so I assumed most camera gear would since technology isn't changing or anything in the CPL realm. Thoughts? PLEASE! :)

puddlepirate44
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 19:37
So I have a question that hopefully some will chime in on. I'm trying to sell a filter, circular polarizer, 58mm. It sells brand new for $76 and I'm asking $40. Am I expecting too much from a filter? I have had no responses and am wondering if I need to lower the price to be reasonable in people's mind? Lenses seem to hold their value so I assumed most camera gear would since technology isn't changing or anything in the CPL realm. Thoughts? PLEASE! :)

Well, really, it depends on where you are trying to sell the filter. If you go onto the Buy/Sell section of the IHateAllFilters.net forum, well, you won't get much out of it. If you try the similar section of the forum titled, "MyLeftKidneyForAPolarizer.com" you might have better luck.

It might also have something to do with the way you sell it; viz, the marketing angle. If your intro to the item reads thusly, "I hate this CPL. It's a piece of junk. I think a group of blind and diabetic tube worms could make a better filter." then you won't get many hits. If your wording, however, goes more like this, "This is the best filter ever made by human kind. The only reason I'm selling it is to raise money to pay for my ailing grandmother's brain transplant in February. Please help." then you could probably get your asking price.

Permagrin
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 19:39
Kody, it's a really big sellers market right now. I couldn't get any hits on my Jill E bag even when I lowered it to half retail price.

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 19:50
Pssssst, Lisa. That would make it a buyers market. ;)

thomascanty
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 19:57

I was gonna say... :confused:

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:10
I was gonna say... :confused:
Yeah....sure :rolleyes:
Slow poke. :lol:

poppie guy
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:12

[IMG]http://www.maniacworld.com/impossible-picture.jpg

This looks a lot like something MC Escher would have done.

I was gonna say too..:(

JWright
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:20
Doing great here, but getting sleepy. Lobster, mmmmmmmm... I haven't had one of those for at least 10 years.

I had lobster salad hors d'heovres (sp?) at the cocktail party Thursday night.

DANO @3 minutes of Coast Guard drug busts. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=224_1264389285

Wow! Kinda like what I did in Vietnam, but with a whole lot more gunplay...

Sometimes I delete posts. I have a broad range of friends, some are very strong Christians, some are pretty carnal. :lol: Most are mellow and generally not offensive but not always. But if something makes me uncomfortable, I'll delete it. On my business site I delete anything that is too familiar.

I've recently unfriended some people too. I am not really interested in people who want to add me as a friend just to have a lot of facebook friends. If there's no interaction, eventually I'll delete.

Sometimes if people spam their pages (my thoughts for tons of "announcements" or comments) I'll make sure their posts aren't visible on my page...just because I don't like spam any more than I do those late night phone calls trying to sell me something. :lol:

As it is, I'm so torn about FB anyway...when I started my FB page, it was a place where I could say to my closest friends everything I thought but it became a networking page instead. So I never say what I think anymore. Not really, because everyone can read it. Makes me wonder why I have it now.

My friend request to my own brother was turned down... :(

I don't approve someone if I don't know them. I've actually ignored requests from someone I knew frome here but didn't know their real name so hadn't a clue they were requesting friendship. :lol:

I love being able to keep in touch with my friends from high school. Not everyone but some of my closest. And even more, my friends from the coast that I never see. At least I can randomly post when I'm thinking about them.

lol

I have no contact with anyone from high school and I really don't care to. I moved away right after graduation and have been to a grand total of one reunion in 45 years.

Here's a nice video for dog lovers.
http://www.wimp.com/servicedog/

If someone posted this earlier, I apologize. I missed a few days.

I remember seeing that when it aired on the news here.

I had to pull down the pictures from the Living Legends event. Apparently the usage rights are very restrictive this year and none of the pictures can be used without permission from the celebrities that attended the event. I don't know if I'll ever be given permission to put them up on my site.

poppie guy
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:21
Kody, it's a really big sellers market right now. I couldn't get any hits on my Jill E bag even when I lowered it to half retail price.

I just sold my 70-200 2.8IS on Craigslist for $75.00 less than I paid for it new last July.... there were 3 or 4 people interested in it. Maybe it depends on what's for sale, plus a bit of good timing.

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:23
This looks a lot like something MC Escher would have done.

I was gonna say too..:(
He definitely had some interesting drawings.

Sure.......though it was kinda obvious. :lol:

thomascanty
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:24

Slow? Nah... I typed up my reply and clicked cancel long before you posted... ;)

Permagrin
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:24

lol. I knew that. :p:p

Becky N
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:29
HARM nice new wheels.

TIF better lift some new born size watermellon before the new one comes. Think you're surprised how much Jawa has grown, you'll be surprised how much stronger your own arms have gotten and use to lifting a certain weight. First time I picked up a newborn 3 months after CJ was born, I thought I was going to throw her over my shoulder, I so did not expect how light she was.:oops:

I got that much in one shot in Oregon.

:lol::lol::lol: I'd forgotten about that.

Hello all.

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:30
Slow? Nah... I typed up my reply and clicked cancel long before you posted... ;)
What, you sayin' you are nicer then me then? :lol:
lol. I knew that. :p:p
Yes, I bet you did. :lol:

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:31
:lol::lol::lol: I'd forgotten about that.
I didn't, because I got a letter from them a month ago wondering about payment. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Becky N
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:33
I didn't, because I got a letter from them a month ago wondering about payment. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Did you tell them it was on your desk with the renewal notice?;):p

thomascanty
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:36
What, you sayin' you are nicer then me then? :lol:

Oh, I don't know if I'd say that... :lol:

Belmondo
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:36
This (http://www.desertwestaviation.com/images/fleet/glass_top.jpg) plane just crashed a couple blocks from here this afternoon. We didn't even know about it till we saw it on the news.

Belmondo
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:37
This (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N243SC) is cool. It's the flight track of the flight.

JWright
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:40
This (http://www.desertwestaviation.com/images/fleet/glass_top.jpg) plane just crashed a couple blocks from here this afternoon. We didn't even know about it till we saw it on the news.

Do you remember the crash of PSA Flight 182 in San Diego in 1978? I live 1 block south and 1 block west of the impact point. I drive right through the spot every time I head for the freeway ramp.

thomascanty
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:45
Do you remember the crash of PSA Flight 182 in San Diego in 1978? I live 1 block south and 1 block west of the impact point. I drive right through the spot every time I head for the freeway ramp.

My brother didn't witness the crash of Alaska Airlines flight 261 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Airlines_Flight_261), but he could have if he was just looking out his living room window when it happened.

theague
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:47
Well, really, it depends on where you are trying to sell the filter. If you go onto the Buy/Sell section of the IHateAllFilters.net forum, well, you won't get much out of it. If you try the similar section of the forum titled, "MyLeftKidneyForAPolarizer.com" you might have better luck.

It might also have something to do with the way you sell it; viz, the marketing angle. If your intro to the item reads thusly, "I hate this CPL. It's a piece of junk. I think a group of blind and diabetic tube worms could make a better filter." then you won't get many hits. If your wording, however, goes more like this, "This is the best filter ever made by human kind. The only reason I'm selling it is to raise money to pay for my ailing grandmother's brain transplant in February. Please help." then you could probably get your asking price.
I'll have to keep these tips in mind. :p

Yeah it seems that way when I try to sell and not when I try to buy! :(

I just sold my 70-200 2.8IS on Craigslist for $75.00 less than I paid for it new last July.... there were 3 or 4 people interested in it. Maybe it depends on what's for sale, plus a bit of good timing.

I have it listed on POTN and CL. One guy emailed me this morning and said he'd pay me $25. =/ That's $51 less than retail!

Hello all.
That's me!

HELLO!

Chet
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:55

I originally read this as I just sold my 70-200 2.8IS on Craigslist for $75.00. And missed the other part, was waiting for the punch line. But it's all good and that whole light headed thing about losing out on the deal of the century went away.

Becky N
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 20:58
Hi Kody...now that it has been about a year, how do you like being a home owner?

theague
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 21:04
Becky, I'd be just as happy still living in an apartment. Actually I think I'd be happier. I haven't done anything in a year that I couldn't or didn't do at my apartment. I pay almost 3 times as much for a house as I did apartment too when you factor in all the utilities which equates to less traveling. :( We wanted to go back to Scotland this year but realized we don't have the saving power we used to. :(

poppie guy
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 21:07
I originally read this as I just sold my 70-200 2.8IS on Craigslist for $75.00. And missed the other part, was waiting for the punch line. But it's all good and that whole light headed thing about losing out on the deal of the century went away.

Yeah, not the deal of the century, but fair for both buyer and seller. Paid $1575.00 when it was on rebate last summer before the prices went up, sold it for $1500.

Chet
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 21:29
Picture shot by JerryBo and used with permission. As it was a surprise 2nd impromptu B'day party, Chet was without his camera.

http://r4smiles.smugmug.com/Family/Ians-2nd-Birthday/IMG1860/773567805_SUh9G-L-1.jpg

http://r4smiles.smugmug.com/Family/Ians-2nd-Birthday/IMG1863/773567949_54rL2-L-1.jpg

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 21:32
Did you tell them it was on your desk with the renewal notice?;):p
Hahaha...funny girl. :p
I renewed the license as soon as I got home. ;)

Becky N
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 21:49
KODY sounds like some serious second thoughts you're having.

Becky N
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 21:51
PERMIE is THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlQS5CCmwI&feature=fvst) you? :shock: :lol:

Chet
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 21:51
This is the coolest old vw beetle trailer I've ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0

theague
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:06
KODY sounds like some serious second thoughts you're having.

Not necessarily second thoughts. I'm fine with the decision as it hasn't caused any hardship or problems. If I were to go back in time though I don't think I'd buy a house. ;)

FocalPrincess
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:25
Goooooooooooooood evening all. Did you know that there's a secret setting on the Wii Fit called "incapacitate your spouse?" Pretty sure that's what hubs has it set on, lol!

theague
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:28
lol - does the Fit actually seem to help?

cfpackerfan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:30
This is Mosey.

He will be at my house tomorrow, unless he gets adopted from the shelter first thing in the morning.

He is only 6 months old.
He has a gorgeous voice.

*sigh* It was love at first sight. He's not available till tomorrow, or I would have brought him home tonight.

Becky N
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:32
He has a gorgeous voice.

The hound Arroooo? :D He is a beautiful color.

cfpackerfan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:33
The hound Arroooo? :D He is a beautiful color.Yes Ma'am. The one and only beautiful bay.

Becky N
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:37
Yes Ma'am. The one and only beautiful bay.

:D:D:D

poppie guy
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:51
This is Mosey.

He will be at my house tomorrow, unless he gets adopted from the shelter first thing in the morning.

He is only 6 months old.
He has a gorgeous voice.

*sigh* It was love at first sight. He's not available till tomorrow, or I would have brought him home tonight.

Yes Ma'am. The one and only beautiful bay.

Dog is beautiful. If you live across the street from one of these, and the owners keep him in a cage on the porch while they work, and play, and party... the bay is definitely not beautiful.

cfpackerfan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:53
Dog is beautiful. If you live across the street from one of these, and the owners keep him in a cage on the porch while they work, and play, and party... the bay is definitely not beautiful.

:( Aww, that's sad. :( Go get him. I'll take him.

And I know that the bay can be VERY not cool sometimes. :lol:

poppie guy
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 22:56
:( Aww, that's sad. :( Go get him. I'll take him.

And I know that the bay can be VERY not cool sometimes. :lol:

I moved from there 4.5 years ago, but it was a bad situation. Candi talked to the owners about it, but nothing changed. I felt sorry for the dog, and I felt even more sorry for me.:lol:

cfpackerfan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:08
This is Brady.
AWESOME dog.
Wade loved him. :lol:

The two of them must have run around the shelter yard for 30 minutes. :lol:

cfpackerfan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:10
More Wade/Brady antics: :lol:

JWright
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:18

It's hard to tell who's having more fun...

poppie guy
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:19
So Cat, how many dogs to you guys own now.. 2, 3?

Skrim17
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:21
those are GREAT!!

cfpackerfan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:22
So Cat, how many dogs to you guys own now.. 2, 3?
Just our 2. Amikah and Ginger.

Luna is turning into a long-timer. But I will not lose hope that the right home is out there somewhere.

Right now, we have Luna, Serra, Star, and Drake. I'll go get Mosey tomorrow, and we may have to take in Asia as well.

This is Asia:

cfpackerfan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:23
And how is this one for a heart tugger?

monkeygirl
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:26
Sorry no quotes - I got mostly caught up at work

Crissa - sorry about the money that the state of Jersey is collecting from you. Hope things get better soon.

Cat - wonderful looking pups, although I don't know who is having more fun Wade or the pup.

Great video Chief.

Diane - you can always ship the Wii and Wii fit out here - I could use it for a while :)

eddarr
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:26
Hi threadies.

A few pictures from yesterdays hike. I was seriously tired after this one. There was a 1500' elevation gain in 2 miles but luckily it was downhill from there. :rolleyes:

Cisco leading the pack with a huge shepard mix, a pit, a basset hound and half of a Paul.
http://ericdarr.smugmug.com/Hiking/Hiking/Maui-picture-2/773741734_afwG6-L.jpg

Leading still on the switchbacks.
http://ericdarr.smugmug.com/Hiking/Hiking/Maui-picture-7/773748921_Fycwv-L.jpg

At the peak overlooking Lake Mead.
http://ericdarr.smugmug.com/Hiking/Hiking/Maui-picture-4/773741586_A9mGM-L.jpg

We parked...down there.
http://ericdarr.smugmug.com/Hiking/Hiking/Maui-picture-5/773741605_iXYWM-L.jpg

Las Vegas in the distance.
http://ericdarr.smugmug.com/Hiking/Hiking/Maui-picture-6/773748890_K3Xoo-L.jpg

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:27
Did you bring one of them home? :p

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:28
Looks like a great outing, Eric.

eddarr
This is Asia:

Is she a pit mix? She looks like a smaller terrier maybe.

cfpackerfan
WOW, Eric! Looks like a great (and tiring) hike!

Cisco is SO adorable. :mrgreen:

cfpackerfan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:29
Did you bring one of them home? :pI brought the goofy one home. :lol:

Is she a pit mix? She looks like a smaller terrier maybe.The shelter has her listed as a Dalmation/Lab.

Skrim17
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:34
she looks like Luna!

BearLeeAlive
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:37
I brought the goofy one home. :lol:
Good choice, but the fuzzier one was sure cute too. ;)

eddarr
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:41
Looks like a great outing, Eric.

WOW, Eric! Looks like a great (and tiring) hike!

Cisco is SO adorable. :mrgreen:

It was a fun time. We are doing good with our commitment of every other weekend at least.

Cisco is adorable. He did very good on the hike off leash. He only went off trail 2 times. I need him to be better with "come".

theague
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:42
This is Brady.
AWESOME dog.
Wade loved him. :lol:

The two of them must have run around the shelter yard for 30 minutes. :lol:

I was just doing this with Finlay around the house. Wade and I and Brady and Finlay were in similar postures. LOL :)

cfpackerfan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:46
I was just doing this with Finlay around the house. Wade and I and Brady and Finlay were in similar postures. LOL :)

But do you have PHOTOS? ;)

3Turner
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:49
Evening folks....in another hotel :| working out of town.

We so missed that *shrug*

Always, always, always have a camera with you. Night Robert, may you and your camera have a nice trip.
Saw that....wonder if the naughty step is warm fer ya. :lol:

Well, brought the camera, but nothing to take photos of :rolleyes:

BOBERT Bax use to eat like that, now he savors his food, taking a couple morsels out of the bowl at a time and chewing them a few feet away. Sometimes he doesn't eat all his serving. Though now that he is getting more exercise he is finishing both his morning and evening meal.

How is Dora doing? Has the diet helped?
I can feed Joshua his bowl and he'll leave it all night. I'd feed him twice a day, but his bowl lasts him so long. He eats when he is hungry.

She's okay, but still having accidents every so often...thus the training pads in the video if you saw them. We think she still has a stone....her vet appointment is soon though.

Oh GOODNESS he is a doll! And I love the second one too, don't care about the missed focus.
Thanks Cat.

Bobert this is very very nice!! You should do more people photography!!
Thanks Tif. I have put the word out and had one paying customer so far....I really only want to do portrait sessions maybe 2 or 3 times a month if I get the business....mainly family and friends. We'll see.

Best I could do on short notice.... Takes a long time to get a mua and set everything up.
:lol:
Breakin' a sweat there?

I think I would ask if I could feed her twice a day Robert. That is one quick eating dog.
The vet said we can, but it would still only be the same amount of food 1/2 a can per day. So if we feed her twice in a day, it would be 1/4 a feeding.

(I somehow missed this until Heather quoted it.)

Poor Dora...
I've never had a furkid who emptied the bowl. My cats have three bowls that are always available. I fill them maybe once or twice a week, whenever they start to look empty.

I put out a bowl for Minnie (as I did for Ashley) every morning. She nibbles out of it for the next hour or two until I put it away, usually still half full. The only reason I don't leave the dog's food bowls out 24/7 is because there's something about dog food that Tupper just LOVES! If I leave it out any longer, he'd empty it every day...
If we let her, Dora would empty her bowl, empty Joshua's bowl, get into the trashcan....and she already regularly attempts to doggy-vac the area around the bar where Evan eats breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Our new toy:
loving it...
Great looking set of wheels there Harm.

Bobert, I agree
Thanks Lisa.

This was a fun size comparison for me... Jonathan Sleeping with his Teddy when he was just 1 month old compared to today
1 Month:
15 Months:
Awww.....I'm gonna have to remember to do something like this with the baby.

Aw, poor Dora! She is obviously wasting away, lol! How is the diet working for her?
You know what's funny? One would think that she is wasting away due to eating less....but, she actually gained weight the last time we took her to the vet.:confused:
Diet is going good....hoping for a shrunk stone...the one that is there now from the last xray.

I had to pull down the pictures from the Living Legends event. Apparently the usage rights are very restrictive this year and none of the pictures can be used without permission from the celebrities that attended the event. I don't know if I'll ever be given permission to put them up on my site.
That sucks. They can even restrict you putting them on your own website even for personal use?
PERMIE is THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqlQS5CCmwI&feature=fvst) you?
Oh man ROFLMAO!! Love when Eye of the Tiger kicked in.

This is the coolest old vw beetle trailer I've ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0
Now that was cool.

Hi threadies.

A few pictures from yesterdays hike. I was seriously tired after this one. There was a 1500' elevation gain in 2 miles but luckily it was downhill from there.

Cisco leading the pack with a huge shepard mix, a pit, a basset hound and half of a Paul.
We parked...down there.
Wow, great shots....and looks like a great hike too!

3Turner
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:51
I brought the goofy one home. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
But why did you leave Wade there?!

theague
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:54
But do you have PHOTOS? ;)

No. :oops::cry:

poppie guy
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 23:58
Hi threadies.

A few pictures from yesterdays hike. I was seriously tired after this one. There was a 1500' elevation gain in 2 miles but luckily it was downhill from there. :rolleyes:

Nice set of photos... were you on Sunrise Mountain?

sevillafox
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:04
Nighters folks!

theague
Welcome back, and goodnight ;)

Chet
Diddy's 16 year old gets a 360K car for his B'day.:confused::-|

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/crush/diddys-son-gets-a-360-000-car-for-his-sixteenth-birthday/270/?nc

theague
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:08

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/crush/diddys-son-gets-a-360-000-car-for-his-sixteenth-birthday/270/?nc

wow, ridiculous!

eddarr
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:09
Bobby those pictures of Evan looked great.

Night Tiff.

Nice set of photos... were you on Sunrise Mountain?

Just south of there on the mountains that separate Henderson from Boulder City.

theague
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:10
i'm out too, later all ;)

Chet
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:10
Stupid question I'm sure. Why does a camera require a manual shutter? Why can't the sensor just be turned on and off?

monkeygirl
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:16
Great photos Eric. Looks like you and Cisco had a great time.

I know that I have not been around much tonight, but I am going to call it a night and head to bed early. See you all tomorrow.

Chet
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:17
Night Heather.

eddarr
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:21
Stupid question I'm sure. Why does a camera require a manual shutter? Why can't the sensor just be turned on and off?

There are others but one is speed. Prior to cameras having live view the difference between a dSLR and a P&S was the shutter. Using an actual shutter reduces the shutter lag when pushing the shutter button. What makes the P&S so slow is waiting on the sensor to get ready before it will actually take a picture.

Chet
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:24
There are others but one is speed. Prior to cameras having live view the difference between a dSLR and a P&S was the shutter. Using an actual shutter reduces the shutter lag when pushing the shutter button. What makes the P&S so slow is waiting on the sensor to get ready before it will actually take a picture.

I guess I would think bouncing a shutter would take more time then just turning on the sensor. Or putting an lcd in front of the sensor and turning it on or off.

I never thought of why a p&s is slow, I just figured it was crappy electronics.

eddarr
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:29
I am probably saying this wrong but someone will be along in a moment to point that out.

I believe it is faster to actuate the shutter and have a sensor that is ready to receive the light. P&S has to warm up and ready the sensor before it can make the fake shutter sound.

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:38
ZANE! I watched that whole CG compilation. Very cool. Brought back memories. :D

Yay

I didn't, because I got a letter from them a month ago wondering about payment. Lol, scofflaw:p Careful, remember what Phil told us about Oregon's sheriffs. Don't want one of those critters after you.

This (http://www.desertwestaviation.com/images/fleet/glass_top.jpg) plane just crashed a couple blocks from here this afternoon. We didn't even know about it till we saw it on the news.Wow. No planes crashed in my neighborhood today.

Becky, I'd be just as happy still living in an apartment. Actually I think I'd be happier. I haven't done anything in a year that I couldn't or didn't do at my apartment. I pay almost 3 times as much for a house as I did apartment too when you factor in all the utilities which equates to less traveling. Yeah but you built equity and should be getting a huge tax break. Rent will continue to rise in cost your mortgage won't(unless you got a cwappy loan).

This is Mosey.

He is only 6 months old.
He has a gorgeous voice.

*sigh* It was love at first sight. He's not available till tomorrow, or I would have brought him home tonight.Nice! Love hearing hounds.

And I know that the bay can be VERY not cool sometimes. We have 80ish hounds at the kennels, you can hear them for miles :lol:

This is Brady.
AWESOME dog.
Wade loved him. Sweet, I love seeing Wade with the pups:)

And how is this one for a heart tugger?Awwww

Yo:cool:

3Turner
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:39

Dang...how...
wow, ridiculous!
^^That.

Bobby those pictures of Evan looked great.Thanks Eric.

Well, I am off too, falling asleep here...night.

CrazieCricket
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:47
Our new toy:

http://harm.smugmug.com/Private/Family-Photographs/Home/IMG8343/773187442_deRJa-L.jpg

loving it...
Nice!!

I hear you Lisa, I don't post much on my page but I do read what other people post. I like it and I find it intrusive all at once.

There are a few people recently who sent friend requests and I refused them and sent them a note telling them why. It mostly had too do with a person they were friends with that I want nothing to do with ever again in life. Tey all responded saying it was fine and gave me their email addys' so we could stay in touch.
I sooo agree and do the same

The whole "mom is having a hip replacement" thing is becoming so tangled in family politics I am losing it.
awwww {{{Crissa}}}

1 Month:

15 Months:

Very very very cute!

ooooh, I just permanently blocked someone, woo-hoo!!
playing with one of my new light textures on a baby Jawa

Love that expression he has. And kewl texture!

Picture shot by JerryBo and used with permission. As it was a surprise 2nd impromptu B'day party, Chet was without his camera.

He's such a cutie.

And how is this one for a heart tugger?
awwwww *sniff*

Hi threadies.

A few pictures from yesterdays hike. I was seriously tired after this one. There was a 1500' elevation gain in 2 miles but luckily it was downhill from there.

http://ericdarr.smugmug.com/Hiking/Hiking/Maui-picture-4/773741586_A9mGM-L.jpg

We parked...down there.

Good lookin' boys there. :)

eddarr
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:47
Yo Zane.

Me too. Gonna start a backup and then off to bed. Night all.

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:50
Hi Paula, Night eric, Robert and anyone else who sleeps

T.D.
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:50
I was digging through some old shots and ran across this. I felt compelled to post it for some reason. :D

http://www.capturedimaginings.com/Nature/Wildlife/Raccoon/113092476_7afHe-XL-4.jpg

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:51
*Brushes raccoons off the naughty step and sets up camp*

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 00:51
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

T.D.
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:10
*Brushes raccoons off the naughty step and sets up camp*

Too late. I already fed it. :D

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:16
Too late. I already fed it. :D:lol:Darn you:p

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:40
Nice Coon, Chris!

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:41
We are having a presentation video made to show at our next big event, and I've been asked to gather a bunch of photos and video that I've got to send to the video/presentation maker person.
It was SO much fun going through 6 months worth of HART photos and videos.

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:44
Chris, this is one of the photos I'm sending in for the video. :lol:

I know that they won't use everything I send them, but I hope that they use this one. ;)

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:44
Mind if I inundate you with some reminiscing photos?

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:45

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:46
And...

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:47
Last one (for now)

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:47
Oh HEY!!!

Did I tell you that Miley and Ziggy got adopted TOGETHER?!?!

It was finalized today. Their new family ADORES them.

Woolburr
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:52
Oh HEY!!!

Did I tell you that Miley and Ziggy got adopted TOGETHER?!?!

It was finalized today. Their new family ADORES them.

You mentioned a trial....but the news is super!

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 01:53
Awww great shots Kit, keep them coming :)
Congratulations Miley and Ziggy

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:01
Oh yeah, ZoŽ's dots got buoyant today:D It has been cold so we have not been in the water too much but today i was having her fetch a few feet into the water. I kept throwing deeper and deeper. She would reach and I finally gave her a little push. She got buoyant and paddled back about 4 paddles. it didn't phase her.

Woolburr
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:03
Oh yeah, ZoŽ's dots got buoyant today:D It has been cold so we have not been in the water too much but today i was having her fetch a few feet into the water. I kept throwing deeper and deeper. She would reach and I finally gave her a little push. She got buoyant and paddled back about 4 paddles. it didn't phase her.

Duck blood is strong! ;)

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:04
Duck blood is strong! ;):DLol

Permagrin
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:07
Cat, I don't remember you guys having a great Dane! Cool.

Yay on the swimming dotted one!

Permagrin
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:10
Dan is a crossword fan....so in my aimlessness I made one to stump him, tonight. Only someone who hangs in here would be able to do it. It's not a traditional crossword :) . In case anyone else wants to try their hand :)

thomascanty
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:11
Oh, come on, Kit. You can post more photos!

thomascanty
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:12
Dan is a crossword fan....so in my aimlessness I made one to stump him, tonight. Only someone who hangs in here would be able to do it. It's not a traditional crossword :) . In case anyone else wants to try their hand :)

I know the answer to 1-down! :D

Permagrin
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:15
sheesh, I found a spelling error. Even after I checked it. ah well. :lol:

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:16
Oh yeah, ZoŽ's dots got buoyant today:D It has been cold so we have not been in the water too much but today i was having her fetch a few feet into the water. I kept throwing deeper and deeper. She would reach and I finally gave her a little push. She got buoyant and paddled back about 4 paddles. it didn't phase her.YAY!!!

Cat, I don't remember you guys having a great Dane! Cool.

Yay on the swimming dotted one!She was our Mascot for a little while, but was never really up for adoption.

Oh, come on, Kit. You can post more photos!Of course I can. :lol: You want more?:lol:

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:19
Lisa, I'm going to try my hand at that in just a bit. :lol: I love crosswords!

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:19
Ok, more photos that I picked out to send to the video maker person. :lol:

Permagrin
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:20
really? I love to make them, hate to do them. This one was just a lark :)

cfpackerfan
more..

Permagrin
loved the shots tonight :)

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:21

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:21
And more...

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:22

Leyla LOVES crosswords, I will send it to her.

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:22
I can keep going... ;)
( I know the second one is horribly oof, but I don't care)

Permagrin
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:23
Leyla LOVES crosswords, I will send it to her.

I don't know if she'll get it. It's not normal...:lol:

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:23

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:25
Ok, that's enough for tonight. :lol: :lol: Thanks for indulging me. ;)

Permagrin
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:25
Cat, Wade looks like he's as immersed in this project as you are. That's cool.

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:26
Cat, Wade looks like he's as immersed in this project as you are. That's cool.
Very very much so.

thomascanty
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:26
Of course I can. :lol: You want more?:lol:

Absotively! I love 'em all, so far! :D

Permagrin
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:28
speaking of dogs, I tried to teach Kona to "take down the wildebeest" tonight but Dan but the kibosh on on the whole thing...I can't figure out why? :cool::cool::lol:

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:30
speaking of dogs, I tried to teach Kona to "take down the wildebeest" tonight but Dan but the kibosh on on the whole thing...I can't figure out why? :cool::cool::lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!! :lol:!

short5
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:31
:lol::lol:

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:35
BECKY!

I think I forgot to tell you.

Every year, my mom makes calendars for all of her kids' families. It's a special project that she puts a lot of time and thought into, and she's done it for several years.
For example, all the photos on our calendar in January, are Tevin photos, because his birthday is in Jan.
She puts relevant quotes with the photos. Most often, they are Bible verses. Occasionally, she'll do a quote from a famous person. I've had more than my share of Shakespeare on the calendars that she makes for me, because I love Shakespeare.

She always chooses great photos, and the quotes/verses that she puts with them are perfect. We anxiously await our calendars every year just to see what she's done.

This year, I was flipping through my calendar, relishing every month's photos and verses.

Then I got to this one:

It was the photo that I posted above, of Layla sleeping on my legs.
And the quote under it was:

"It's always good when a starfish hits the water." ~ Becky.

I sobbed.

In front of EVERYONE.

Permagrin
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:35
Kona was so sweet tonight. He's really grown up a lot over the last couple of months. I've been down...just super down lately. I just wanted to play with the dogs but not really get them going. Hale won't play with me. If I try to wrestle/tug her, she looks shocked like she's done something wrong...she immediately comes over and starts kissing me and lays down. Kona used to play too rough (with that sort of play) but tonight he just did a bit of tug of war and "push"...just silly stuff. Never trying to "conquer" (like he used to)...just play. It was nice. I'm guessing that's one of the more enjoyable things about them growing out of puppy-hood.

Permagrin
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:36
BECKY!

I think I forgot to tell you.

Every year, my mom makes calendars for all of her kids' families. It's a special project that she puts a lot of time and thought into, and she's done it for several years.
For example, all the photos on our calendar in January, are Tevin photos, because his birthday is in Jan.
She puts relevant quotes with the photos. Most often, they are Bible verses. Occasionally, she'll do a quote from a famous person. I've had more than my share of Shakespeare on the calendars that she makes for me, because I love Shakespeare.

She always chooses great photos, and the quotes/verses that she puts with them are perfect. We anxiously await our calendars every year just to see what she's done.

This year, I was flipping through my calendar, relishing every month's photos and verses.

Then I got to this one:

It was the photo that I posted above, of Layla sleeping on my legs.
And the quote under it was:

"It's always good when a starfish hits the water." ~ Becky.

I sobbed.

In front of EVERYONE.

awww that is SO sweet!!

cfpackerfan
26th of January 2010 (Tue), 02:36
Kona was so sweet tonight. He's really grown up a lot over the last couple of months. I've been down...just super down lately. I just wanted to play with the dogs but not really get them going. Hale won't play with me. If I try to wrestle/tug her, she looks shocked like she's done something wrong...she immediately comes over and starts kissing me and lays down. Kona used to play too rough (with that sort of play) but tonight he just did a bit of tug of war and "push"...just silly stuff. Never trying to "conquer" (like he used to)...just play. It was nice. I'm guessing that's one of the more enjoyable things about them growing out of puppy-hood.That is so cool. :) *grin*