PDA

View Full Version : The 34th Random TPBM Chat and Bubble Wrap Bursting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67

cfpackerfan
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 21:50
Oh, we have a new foster too.

Turns out that it's Kolbe's brother. :lol:

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:01
oh my gosh!!! *dies from puppy cuteness*

Becky N
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:09
*Smacks self in forehead*

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:09
*Smacks self in forehead*
:confused: stop that!

Becky N
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:10

MAGGIE Look ^^^^

Becky N
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:15
:confused: stop that!

I'm such a dork, sometimes.

I sent the Memorial Acknowledgments to my step brother, he works for RICOH and will get them printed. But he asked if I would send them as a .pdf instead. So, I send them to myself at work, where I have CutePDF, only I forgot to save them down to Office2003, so I sent myself a reminder to resend them, to myself at my office this evening. Which I did.

Then I decided to do some research. I did not see in the Save As menu in Office 7, I can save to PDF. :oops::rolleyes: Yeah, I deserved that smack.

PDF files are now in SB Email box.

CrazieCricket
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:15
Part II:

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v9/p642985866-4.jpg
awwwww poor fireboy.:( Great series, Dan!!! Loved it!

Evening folks

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULA!!!

Thank you, Snakey. Thanks EVERYONE for the bday wishes! Was kind of tough today. Mom, Dad, and kids all called me to wish me happy bday and made me really lonely for them. Hubby forgot.:rolleyes::lol:

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:19
I gave up Diet Coke a bit ago. For years I've been trying to loose weight with little luck. Since giving up the DC I lost almost 20 pounds in 6 months without trying. Course I got sick and lost another 20. :) 100 more to go.Good job

Yeah. We're supposed to get 6" or more starting tonight.Yeah, so no. A dusting to and inch with winds around 50:shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqtY_HtmipI current conditionsLove the video updates!

Thanks for the compliments on the TROlympics. You guys rock. :)Thank you it was really good :)

Liebfraumilch Awww, bless you Honey.

Turns out that it's Kolbe's brother. :lol:Loving the labs

GREEN TEA (http://www.looseleafgreentea.com/product/GJ510)<----link
The sushi restaurant we like serves this. The owner came out and gave Leyla and I a bag as a gift. I was very surprised to find what looks like Rice Crispies and miniature pop corn in it. It has toasted brown rice in it which sometimes puffs like pop corn. This gives the tea a nice toasted flavor on top of the green tea. It is really good, I think. I am having a mug now :)

We dilied then we dallied so we skipped the diner and got carry out Chinese.

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:21

I sent the Memorial Acknowledgments to my step brother, he works for RICOH and will get them printed. But he asked if I would send them as a .pdf instead. So, I send them to myself at work, where I have CutePDF, only I forgot to save them down to Office2003, so I sent myself a reminder to resend them, to myself at my office this evening. Which I did.

Then I decided to do some research. I did not see in the Save As menu in Office 7, I can save to PDF. :oops::rolleyes: Yeah, I deserved that smack.

Glad you figured it out. But stop being so hard on yourself. Cuz I said so!

Thank you, Snakey. Thanks EVERYONE for the bday wishes! Was kind of tough today. Mom, Dad, and kids all called me to wish me happy bday and made me really lonely for them. Hubby forgot.:rolleyes::lol:
Maybe a knock upside hubby's head with ye olde wine box is in order...:) tis your birthday. For you, I wood do dis ting....

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:22

PDF files are now in SB Email box.That made my head hurt without the head smack:shock:

awwwww poor fireboy.:(
Hubby forgot.:rolleyes::lol:Yeah really, poor, poor me.
Put glass in his food.

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:23
I must say, that my cocoa roasted almonds are a perfect compliment to my wine :D

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:25
*has cocoa roasted almond envy in a big way*

Becky N
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:27
That made my head hurt without the head smack

Readers Digest version, this was over a 3 day period to top it all off.:o

I feel bad as mom has gotten some memorials with cards that have been sent and want to get these out. Stupid remembry.

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:28
Drat. I gotta pull out my phone again. Yeah. 720x1080 and they won't be able to push it far at all.
:lol: I used my phone calculator too.

1200x1800 is magic number....unless you want a border on the long dimension or some of the short dimension cropped off.
Don't want to put a border. All I want to do is restrict them from printing larger than 4x6 that way, like Becky, if they want a larger print they can pay me for one and I order it.

gjl711
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:32
Pass the cocoa roasted almonds please..

*holds out both hands cupped*

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:32
Hubby forgot.:rolleyes::lol:
Maybe he has somethin' special planned fer later. :lol:
Man, if I forgot the wife's birthday....boy, you'd be seeing my obituary online the next day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harm
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:34
Evening all :)

our winter storm warning is being extended to saturday, holy moly!!

We've had rain non-stop for 2 days now...my flight back from Buffalo on Tues was delayed because of this weather system. Now we have rain and snow through till Monday morning.

Everything is sooooooooooo waterlogged here, and plenty of flood warnings all over the place, not to mention the gale force winds (the latter reminds me of living back home :))

P.S. Party at Jim's place ;)

cfpackerfan
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:38
I must say, that my cocoa roasted almonds are a perfect compliment to my wine :DWANT!

*has cocoa roasted almond envy in a big way* ^^ THAT

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:38
*has cocoa roasted almond envy in a big way*
I have more! *passes yummies*

Pass the coca roasted almonds please..

*holds out both hands cupped*
*fills bowl and puts on bar*

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:40
Anyone have a link to a good tutorial that would allow me to use one of my photos as background on a 8x10 size then be able to have frames in a layer which I can change out a framed team photo 5x7 size and a small 2x3 individual photo?

I've tried searching Google and here on POTN, but I don't think I am calling it the right process...or photoshop effect. I'm searching "team collage".

misspix
*dashes to store and buys all cocoa roasted almonds to share with pals* :mrgreen:

Chet
Great toons Dan. Very touching podium moment for sure.

Skrim17
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:41
GREEN TEA (http://www.looseleafgreentea.com/product/GJ510)<----link
The sushi restaurant we like serves this. The owner came out and gave Leyla and I a bag as a gift. I was very surprised to find what looks like Rice Crispies and miniature pop corn in it. It has toasted brown rice in it which sometimes puffs like pop corn. This gives the tea a nice toasted flavor on top of the green tea. It is really good, I think. I am having a mug now :) Looks yummy Zane, thanks for the link!

Put glass in his food. LOLOLOL!!!!!

CrazieCricket
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:42
Maybe a knock upside hubby's head with ye olde wine box is in order...:) tis your birthday. For you, I wood do dis ting....
HAHAHAHHA!!!! omg make me snort wine out o nose! HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah really, poor, poor me.
Put glass in his food.
Nah, that's a bit drastic. LOL

Maybe he has somethin' special planned fer later.
Man, if I forgot the wife's birthday....boy, you'd be seeing my obituary online the next day :lol:
ummmm no. He doesn't. He did say he would take me to dinner tomorrow night. :)

P.S. Party at Jim's place ;)
WOOHOOO!!! *don's party clothes* :D

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:44
*dashes to store and buys all cocoa roasted almonds to share with pals* :mrgreen:
SCORE!

ummmm no. He doesn't. He did say he would take me to dinner tomorrow night. :)
Order the steak and lobster....that'll learn him.

sevillafox
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:45
Part II:

:lol::lol:

Anyone have a link to a good tutorial that would allow me to use one of my photos as background on a 8x10 size then be able to have frames in a layer which I can change out a framed team photo 5x7 size and a small 2x3 individual photo?

I've tried searching Google and here on POTN, but I don't think I am calling it the right process...or photoshop effect. I'm searching "team collage".

It's easy enough. Google clipping masks.

Put the team photo in an 8x10 document.

Add a shape using the shape layer to make a 5x7 and a 2x3 shape. Then use clipping masks to add the photos in.

3Turner
WOOHOOO!!! *don's party clothes* :D
Dood :|. Hello, Jim's house...have you not seen his photos? There are no clothes...party or otherwise. Just sayin. More like party apron.

CrazieCricket
SCORE!

blech. I don't like lobster. I would however like to go to Olive Garden. But it takes forever to get in there. He hates waiting. :lol:

CrazieCricket
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:48
Dood :|. Hello, Jim's house...have you not seen his photos? There are no clothes...party or otherwise. Just sayin. More like party apron.
Well, I was gonna ask if my birthday suit was ok. But that would scare everyone. :lol::lol:

Harm
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:48
blech. I don't like lobster. I would however like to go to Olive Garden. But it takes forever to get in there. He hates waiting. :lol:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!

How can you NOT like Lobster??!?

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:51
It's easy enough. Google clipping masks.

Put the team photo in an 8x10 document.

Add a shape using the shape layer to make a 5x7 and a 2x3 shape. Then use clipping masks to add the photos in.
Clipping masks! That's what I was looking for....the wrong term in my head. Thanks Tiff. :D

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:51
LOLOLOL!!!!!You liked that a bit much :shock: How is the snowicain?

SCORE!

Order the steak and lobster....that'll learn him.:lol:

blech. I don't like lobster. I would however like to go to Olive Garden. But it takes forever to get in there. He hates waiting. :lol::lol:

Well, I was gonna ask if my birthday suit was ok. But that would scare everyone. :lol::lol:Woot!

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:52

How can you NOT like Lobster??!?It is heaven in the shape of a giant dead sea bug.

gjl711
Order the steak and lobster....that'll learn him.Ohhh... I love steak and lobster especially here (http://www.shogunsteak.com/).

Their lobster with the egg batter sauce is outstanding.

3Turner
Hey, he forgot...he needs to wait....and...

^^THAT!!!
Lobster and garlic butter! DEVINE!

Well, I was gonna ask if my birthday suit was ok. But that would scare everyone. :lol::lol:
Mine would too....though, Jim's birthday suit was enough to cause blind spots on my retnas. :lol:

Skrim17
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:53
I don't do salt water bugs either.

It is great, Z!! Winds are whipping and howling, I would imagine I'm going to wake up to WAY more snow than they thought. I need to put the news on and hear what they are saying. billy says it is still mostly slushy in the city, but as it is gttign later it is sticking more.

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:54
It is heaven in the shape of a giant dead sea bug.
Yes...only if cooked right. I've been to places that the lobster meat has been stringy or rubbery.

sevillafox
Clipping masks! That's what I was looking for....the wrong term in my head. Thanks Tiff. :D

No problem. :)

T.D.
Happy Birthday, Paula!!!

I could ship you a size 15 for hubby. :|

Hey everyone.

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:56
LOL! I heard noise and the deer are at my sliding back door. I mean like nose up to the glass close. I store their corn in a can under the deck and there is bird seed also. They ate my rat bait :confused:

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:56
Ohhh... I love steak and lobster especially here (http://www.shogunsteak.com/).

That looks wonderful

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:57
Hi Chris

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:57
Ohhh... I love steak and lobster especially here (http://www.shogunsteak.com/).

That place looks good.

Speaking of restaurants....though expensive, we went to eat at Chama Gaucha (http://www.chamagaucha.com/) today....OMG!! I was full for hours!! I had every cut of meat they brought to the table. Salad bar was good too.

Harm
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:58
Maine Lobster....simply delicious....can't beat it.

Even Zane's rat bait doesn't come close, despite the deer liking it :)

gjl711
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 22:58
Yes...only if cooked right. I've been to places that the lobster meat has been stringy or rubbery.Bad sea bugs are horrible. I could never go to some place like Red Lobster because too many times their stuff is sub standard. I'd rather pay a bit more and go someplace that starts with higher quality bugs.

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:00
LOL! I heard noise and the deer are at my sliding back door. I mean like nose up to the glass close. I store their corn in a can under the deck and there is bird seed also. They ate my rat bait :confused:
Uh oh...hope they don't get sick...or dead from the rat bait.

One night, we had a raccoon peering into our bedroom door...has a large piece of glass the length of the door. Dora was barking nuts that night and went to the door hackles on end. Raccoon just looked at her and headed off back into the woods.

gjl711
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:00
... we went to eat at Chama Gaucha (http://www.chamagaucha.com/) today....OMG!! I was full for hours!! I had every cut of meat they brought to the table. Salad bar was good too.I so want to try that place.

Skrim17
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:01
GAH, Bobert's link has loud music!!

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:02
I so want to try that place.
There's one near you in the Windy City.

GAH, Bobert's link has loud music!!
You're supposed to dance. :| I was:lol:

Permagrin
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:03
oh wow. Done. Tired. But a bigger space for the dogs to crash around.

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:04
That place looks good.

Speaking of restaurants....though expensive, we went to eat at Chama Gaucha (http://www.chamagaucha.com/) today....OMG!! I was full for hours!! I had every cut of meat they brought to the table. Salad bar was good too.Nice! I am guessing they bring you meats to the table and you just ask for cuts, correct?

Uh oh...hope they don't get sick...or dead from the rat bait.

One night, we had a raccoon peering into our bedroom door...has a large piece of glass the length of the door. Dora was barking nuts that night and went to the door hackles on end. Raccoon just looked at her and headed off back into the woods.No it is molasses coated deer corn I was baiting them with. I don't do poison, besides bad for the environment it is just unsporting:lol:

The coons are a bit too tame in my yard but they are also not aggressive, I go nose to nose with them at the glass and we just look at each other :)

Skrim17
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:05
Central Park has 10 inches now, we must have more. Guessing up to 3 feet in North Western NJ, we are in north eastern and the lady on the TV just said we will have snow until Saturday am.

Harm
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:06
I bet, Crissa. My BIL had 2ft of the white stuff by about 6pm in Lake George

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:06
oh wow. Done. Tired. But a bigger space for the dogs to crash around.They should not crash around:-|:p That said, yay for them!:lol:

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:07
Central Park has 10 inches now, we must have more. Guessing up to 3 feet in North Western NJ, we are in north eastern and the lady on the TV just said we will have snow until Saturday am.Cool! I want to visit:lol:

Becky N
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:07
< < < Loves sea bugs...especially straight from the sea, I need to head east. :D

Skrim17
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:08
bummer, someone died in Central park, hit by a tree, 5 trees down on 5th avenue! We've had some power flicks as well.

Becky N
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:08
Central Park has 10 inches now, we must have more. Guessing up to 3 feet in North Western NJ, we are in north eastern and the lady on the TV just said we will have snow until Saturday am.

Have you heard how much Deb has?

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:09
SCORE!

ewwww! Sea bugs. Blech!
:lol:
Ahem. YOUR birthday. Right? :-|

How can you LIKE it?? GAWOSS!
Happy Birthday, Paula!!!

I could ship you a size 15 for hubby. :|

Hey everyone.
Hi Chris! :D
LOL!
oh wow. Done. Tired. But a bigger space for the dogs to crash around.
YAY!

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:10
< < < Loves sea bugs...especially straight from the sea, I need to head east. :DOr south, fresh bugs from the Caribbean are yummy. When we were in Belize it was fresh and cheap everywhere. I got accustomed to buying lobster, asking for bread, then making a big sandwich with hot sauce. It was hedonistic:lol:

Skrim17
deb is about 15 miles north of me, I'm sure she's got a foot already.

misspix
bummer, someone died in Central park, hit by a tree, 5 trees down on 5th avenue! We've had some power flicks as well.
Dang! :shock:

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:11
Or south, fresh bugs from the Caribbean are yummy. When we were in Belize it was fresh and cheap everywhere. I got accustomed to buying lobster, asking for bread, then making a big sandwich with hot sauce. It was hedonistic:lol:
:confused::confused: *shudder*

misspix
:confused::confused: *shudder*
and *gak*

gjl711
There's one near you in the Windy City.
Yea.. I work not that far away. We've driven past it a few times but never stopped in.

JWright
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:12
So why is it that Starbucks coffee always tastes burnt to me? Is this the been or the why they roast and brew? It's hard for me to drink the stuff even. McDonalds premium roast taste so smooth and tasty.

They brew it super strong so that after they toss in the milk and sugar and whipped cream and all the other foo foo crap people like it still tastes sorta like coffee... Some of those people wouldn't know a true cup of coffee if it bit them in the butt.

Dice some chicken breasts and sautee in butter with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside when cooked.
make some pasta...any kind will do....my boys likes the wheels.
in the pan you did the chicken in add 1 cup ranch dressing and 1/4 cup mustard.....heat and mix until it makes a nice sauce.
Throw the pasta, chicken and sauce together.
Serve.

My kids hork that down like no one's business. corey likes it too. If you want to make it healthier, add some broccoli or something to it.

Sounds yummy. What kind of mustard do you use?

Parmesan crusted chicken. That's what I'm making tonight. Real easy. For the crust mix bread crumbs, little bit of garlic, little bit of oregano, salt, pepper, some Mrs Dash, and a healthy amount of Parmesan cheese. Break an egg into a bowl and scramble. Flatten some chicken breasts and cut into reasonable sizes. Dip a flattened chicken breast. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the dry stuff and place on a Pam-ed cookie sheet. Bake at 375~400 for about 30 minutes. Serve with some broccoli and carrots. Very easy and tasty and healthy.

We had a late lunch/early dinner today. Heather had a Monte Cristo sandwich and I had Gumbo and a Caesar Salad.

We have a Red Robin near us, they make pretty decent burgers and the strawberry lemon-aid is awesome. they are a bit pricey for a boutique burger joint though.

I love their Cobb Salad...

When I worked at a coffee shop, the main reason for burnt coffee taste was that the machine hadn't been cleaned. We cleaned our machine everynight. What a pain.

We had a different philosophy in the Navy. It took at least a week to start getting the coffee maker "seasoned" and woe be unto you if you ever washed the Chief's cup...

I did officially hit the 64-bit barrier a little earlier today, though. The genealogy database software I use to keep track of my tens of thousands of pioneer graves photos and info won't even install on the new confuser. When I run the install file a little window immediately pops up telling me, "this old piece of garbage isn't even remotely compatible with a 64-bit OS". (Ok, I paraphrased... I don't remember the exact text of the error...)

Well, cwap. Good thing I still have a couple 32-bit confusers to keep me going until I can figure out a solution to this one. I use that program more often than Photoshop!

New version of the program perhaps?

Part II:

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v9/p1054671333-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p935111797-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p1047520354-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p592106268-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p572460759-4.jpg

Nice finish, Dan.

Oh, stop. Everyone got a gold. You're being shy and hiding behind Terri.

Didn't the judges get anything?

She's been in New England long enough to pick up the accent. "R" is pronounced "AAH". "ah/aw" is pronouncer "ER". Hahvahd vs. Cuber.

When John Kennedy was President and talked about the space program, I never could understand why he kept referring to the President of Egypt...

I don't understand why they didn't make it more backwards compatible. The problem is that I don't always know what version someone I'm sending a file to has.

I do like that they have a "Military Appreciation Version" of Office 2007 that is sold at the exchange. Very inexpensively... It has the four basic apps, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. It can be installed on up to three computers.

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:12
Nice! I am guessing they bring you meats to the table and you just ask for cuts, correct?Correct....you're supposed to turn over a card on the table, green side -> serve me; red side -> I need to unbutton my pants before I get more.
Well, today...I had it on red and they were still coming to the table to load me up:shock:
They put some fried banana's on the table along with garlic mashed potatoes for sides along with what ever you get at the salad bar.

No it is molasses coated deer corn I was baiting them with. I don't do poison, besides bad for the environment it is just unsporting:lol:
Ah okay. If we had rats here, wife would want to keep them...she had 15 as a kid that she saved from her sister's boyfriend who had a snake.

The coons are a bit too tame in my yard but they are also not aggressive, I go nose to nose with them at the glass and we just look at each other :)

cfpackerfan
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:13
*opens second bottle of wine*

Skrim17
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:14
Pours for the C@

Permagrin
aww Pea. Sowwy :(

aww Dragon...YUMMMMM. Want.

aww Cat, cute.

there. (see I said I was tired):lol::lol:

3Turner
Whoa!
Or south, fresh bugs from the Caribbean are yummy. When we were in Belize it was fresh and cheap everywhere. I got accustomed to buying lobster, asking for bread, then making a big sandwich with hot sauce. It was hedonistic:lol:
That sounds good!

Yea.. I work not that far away. We've driven past it a few times but never stopped in.
You should...go for lunch though. Dinner here is $33.50 per person :shock:
Lunch was $20 for me, $15 for wife cause all she had was the salad bar. Evan was free.

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:15
Oh, or hand made Jamaican lobster patties cooked on the beach in a little beach hut, lean to, bar thing, in Negril. Oh yum. It was really just a hut put together around a tree with palm roofing. The guy had a wood stove, basic camp kitchen, bar, and a couple picnic tables. It seemed locals mostly hung there so we made friends and ate most our meals, outside the place we stayed at, there.

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:18
They brew it super strong so that after they toss in the milk and sugar and whipped cream and all the other foo foo crap people like it still tastes sorta like coffee... Some of those people wouldn't know a true cup of coffee if it bit them in the butt.

I, for one, like Starbucks. And I don't like the milk and sugar and any other foo foo crap.
*checks*
Nope. No teeth marks on my butt.
*opens second bottle of wine*
*holds out empty glass*

*offers cocoa roasted almonds in trade* :mrgreen:

cfpackerfan
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:19
*holds out empty glass*

*offers cocoa roasted almonds in trade* :mrgreen:

*pours*

Thankee. I was settling for jalapeno cheetos. :rolleyes:

Permagrin
They should not crash around:-|:p That said, yay for them!:lol:

yeah, tell them that. :|

< < < Loves sea bugs...especially straight from the sea, I need to head east. :D

me too!!! oh yum.

Permagrin
*pours*

I had a vegetarian sandwich and some home made mac & cheese (Dan did dinner) :mrgreen:

*holds out glass*

AmandaMarie
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:20
i just applied for a job at a resort in waterton national park =O

wish me luck!

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:21
I, for one, like Starbucks. And I don't like the milk and sugar and any other foo foo crap.
*checks*

Note that my oldest offspring likes burnt cookies :lol: So take that for what it is worth.

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:21
*checks*
Wow, you bendy.

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:22
*pours*

They have their place :lol:
yeah, tell them that. :|

:lol::lol:

wish me luck!
Luck!

Permagrin
*checks*

no one messes with the dragon. You can like what you want. :lol::lol:

misspix
Wow, you bendy.
Yoga :)

3Turner

wish me luck!
Good luck to ya.
Looks like a great place. What position?

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:23
*opens second bottle of wine*Hope it feels good, don't hurt yourself with it, the pups need you. (((Kit)))

*holds out empty glass*

Carefully places rubber snake in glass :mrgreen:

Permagrin
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:24

dude...that's Bobert...:lol:

Skrim17
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:25
signing out to listen to the wind, night kids!!

short5
*holds out glass**drops rubber bug in* I thought you might like the snake too much :lol:

Wow, you bendy.I saw that too

Yoga :)

What position?

3Turner
GAAA!! To small!!!! To Small!! Get me out! Tight! Tight! Tight!
I'm STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:26
:) :lol: Thankee!

Permagrin
*drops rubber bug in* I thought you might like the snake too much :lol:

:lol::lol: flings great globs of jello at glowboy

short5

Night Crissa, I love on the scene updates, stay in touch.

Becky N
Oh, or hand made Jamaican lobster patties cooked on the beach in a little beach hut, lean to, bar thing, in Negril. Oh yum. It was really just a hut put together around a tree with palm roofing. The guy had a wood stove, basic camp kitchen, bar, and a couple picnic tables. It seemed locals mostly hung there so we made friends and ate most our meals, outside the place we stayed at, there.

*wipes drool from lip* Hmmm, wonder if Rock Crab is in season in Florida...going to go look.

Good luck, Amanda

cfpackerfan
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:27
*holds out glass**generously pours*

Hope it feels good, don't hurt yourself with it, the pups need you. (((Kit)))

*blinks back tears*

AmandaMarie
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:27
I applied as a massage therapist and esthetician. I think I have a good chance of getting the job because of my dual abilities.

If I do get hired, it'll be the first time I've lived away from home =O

puddlepirate44
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:28
Didn't the judges get anything?

What, you still didn't get that cup of coffee? Wow.

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:29
*generously pours*

*blinks back tears**averts eyes and places box of tissues in reach*
So, Kit, how is the weather there in Mars?http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/shortwave5/popcorn.gif

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:30
*blinks*

*realizes there is a FREAKING SNAKE in glass*

:confused:

:eek: :eek:

*blasts fire while spinning in panicked circles*
G'night Crissa!
GAAA!! To small!!!! To Small!! Get me out! Tight! Tight! Tight!
I'm STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
I am pretty sure you popped out as soon as I flung my glass against the wall. :-|

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:31
Good luck Amanda

What, you still didn't get that cup of coffee? Wow.

It is going to be cold.

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:32
*blinks*

*realizes there is a FREAKING SNAKE in glass*

:confused:

:eek: :eek:

*blasts fire while spinning in panicked circles*

G'night Crissa!

I am pretty sure you popped out as soon as I flung my glass against the wall. :-|:lol: *claps like, well, claps*

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:33
It is going to be cold.
Then it won't be Starbucks!

Becky N
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:34
Terri, are you leaving tomorrow?

AmandaMarie
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:35
I am the starbucks guru. I know everything there is to know.

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:36
*wipes drool from lip* Hmmm, wonder if Rock Crab is in season in Florida...going to go look.

I don't know if I ever ate one of them.

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:37
I applied as a massage therapist and esthetician. I think I have a good chance of getting the job because of my dual abilities.

If I do get hired, it'll be the first time I've lived away from home =O
Well that's good.
It's fun living away from home. That would be quite the commute from Calgary if you did not move. :lol:

What, you still didn't get that cup of STARBUCKS coffee? Wow.
^corrected

I am pretty sure you popped out as soon as I flung my glass against the wall. :-|
*looks* nope, glass still stuck on my butt.

Becky N
Spoke too soon, just went to FB, looks like a branch came down Deb's son, Dax's car.

cfpackerfan
*averts eyes and places box of tissues in reach*
So, Kit, how is the weather there in Mars?http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/shortwave5/popcorn.gif

Weather is good. It was actually a gorgeous day.

My living room right now:

Ginger sleeping under coffee table.
Amikah sleeping on couch with Tevin.
Mosey cuddled up to Ginger.
Banjo on the coveted bed.
Luna on the 'new' bed that we got today.
Kirby sleeping next to Wade's chair.
Dakota (new pup) snoozing in Mosey's bed.

It's kinda cozy.

The only thing that would make it better would be to have Capri here too. :cry:

It's been a rough day. It's nice to hang out here with you guys. ((((((((((((((((((((friends)))))))))))))))))))))))

Becky N
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:38
I don't know if I ever ate one of them.

Their claws are heaven. Big and fat, they have black tips and the best crab meat I've tasted.

T.D.
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:39

It's kinda cozy.

It's been a rough day. It's nice to hang out here with you guys. ((((((((((((((((((((friends)))))))))))))))))))))))

Isn't Mosey the hound? I thought he got adopted.

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:40
I am the starbucks guru. I know everything there is to know.
All right.....After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting out of the water?

Spoke too soon, just went to FB, looks like a branch came down Deb's son, Dax's car.
Dang that sucks. Damage a lot?

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:41
Terri, are you leaving tomorrow?
No, Saturday. Late morning/mid afternoon. :D

*looks* nope, glass still stuck on my butt.
Well, slither on over and I will unstuck you!
((((((((((((((((((((friends)))))))))))))))))))))))
{{{Cat}}}

You know you can use my sleeve anytime ;)

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:42
Their claws are heaven. Big and fat, they have black tips and the best crab meat I've tasted.
:confused: Sounds like a bug I squished just today. Ew.

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:42

It's kinda cozy.

It's been a rough day. It's nice to hang out here with you guys. ((((((((((((((((((((friends))))))))))))))))))))))) Sounds nice, no one drop a cookie.

cfpackerfan
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:43
Isn't Mosey the hound? I thought he got adopted.You are GOOD. :lol:
The guy who adopted him Saturday wasn't able to pick him up till Monday.
When I called him Monday, he said that he couldn't take him because his wife freaked out. :lol:
It's no biggie. We have someone else coming to meet him on Monday, and it sounds like a perfect fit.
And honestly, Mosey is the easiest foster I've ever had. He is an amazing dog. I love having him here.

{{{Cat}}}

You know you can use my sleeve anytime ;)*snotters on Dragon's sleeve*

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:45
Well, slither on over and I will unstuck you!
Gentle, gentle.

:confused: Sounds like a bug I squished just today. Ew.
You tasted the bug? ew.:confused:

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:46
*snotters on Dragon's sleeve*
You left a clean spot.

3Turner
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:48
Well, I realized that I had not eaten dinner...ate a late dinner, just finished, now I need to get to bed. So, time for me to take my sinus stuffy head on to bed. Nighters....on three!!!

Becky N
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:48
Dang that sucks. Damage a lot?

I can't really tell from the pictures, she says it is broke though. Not sure where.

My eyes are getting very heavy, think I'll let them slam.

Going to go see Avitar with mom tomorrow afternoon.:D That frees up the weekend to help hang more dry wall.:D I also need to make some cards, though I have to put some more hobby stuff away, now that I got the racks moved over here.

Oh and someone remind me to post the January reports tomorrow morning at work. Guess I really should do that now that they are done. *shrugs*

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:51
Night Robert and Bucky

monkeygirl
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:52
Good evening everyone. John and I had a nice afternoon walking around Disneyland - the one ride we tried to go on, broke down right as we were getting into the elevator -no Haunted Mansion for the two of us

Happy Birthday Paula!!!!

Up early as parents have started calling already, yawn.

Hope it was nothing serious with your parents.

Have a good day everyone, I leave you with a little Junco that came up on the deck this morning::D

http://performancephoto.smugmug.com/photos/796766088_DVo3X-O.jpg

Pretty little bird.

I'm trying to go with the flow. It's just been a tough week. :lol:

It's just very difficult to deal with someone giving advice that has NO clue what they are talking about. I hate it when she tries to tell me how to be a teacher and this morning she told me that I need to find a niche in my photography business besides seniors because everyone does seniors. She suggested I pursue geriatric photography.

In one ear and out of the other Fafa.

I have shopped and have lots of comfort food stocked in, bought a new Wii game with all sorts of whacky arcade-ish games (whack a mole, skee ball and the like) that came with a bonus driving game (I adore driving games) and we intend to snuggle up and Wii, watch movies and eat good food. I love to cook and so does eli, he's a good helper and always enthusiastic. My hip has been behaving itself the past two days which is *so* helpful, but I also have a stash of good drugs to nod off to at night if it bothers me...what else could we want?

If we are due another storm this year, I've decided we will go stay at a local hotel with a really nice pool and sauna, bring the Wii with us and have fun!!!

sounds like you have a great plan for waiting out the storm Crissa. Hope you stay safe and warm.

Today's the last day of the Winter TROlympics. :(

I did officially hit the 64-bit barrier a little earlier today, though. The genealogy database software I use to keep track of my tens of thousands of pioneer graves photos and info won't even install on the new confuser. When I run the install file a little window immediately pops up telling me, "this old piece of garbage isn't even remotely compatible with a 64-bit OS". (Ok, I paraphrased... I don't remember the exact text of the error...)

Well, cwap. Good thing I still have a couple 32-bit confusers to keep me going until I can figure out a solution to this one. I use that program more often than Photoshop! :rolleyes:

Good luck Lonnie - hope you can figure it out.

I am addicted to caffeine, I don't drink coffee as the taste is really unappealing to me. I hate that I drink so much soda, I'm thinking I need to develop a liking for coffee...what would you try first?

TEA

Part II:

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v9/p1054671333-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p935111797-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p1047520354-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p592106268-4.jpg

http://lcimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p572460759-4.jpg

Great toons Dan - I loved all of them. Thank you for taking the time to do them for our entertainment.

Diet soda is one of the worst things...but try and take my diet coke. I dare you. :-|

Not a dare that I am going to take.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqtY_HtmipI current conditions

Wow that is alot of snow.

He is a cute little

Cool on the deer so close, not good on the rat bait though.

wish me luck!

Good Luck Amanda.

It's kinda cozy.

Sounds like a nice way to spend the evening. ((((((((((((((((((((CAT)))))))))))))))))))))))

misspix
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:53
Gentle, gentle.

You tasted the bug? ew.:confused:
*whacks glass* :)

:eek: EWWWWW! It is like you don't even know me! :lol:

K. Battery dying. Glass empty. Eyes drifting. Much backspacing :lol:

Add that up, time for sleepies :) G'night!

short5
25th of February 2010 (Thu), 23:55
Hi Heather.
Good night Terri

Permagrin
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:05
Add that up, time for sleepies :) G'night!

night Dragon :)

gjl711
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:05
Why don't any figure skaters use music which was written less than 100 years ago? It's the same stuff that I remember when I was a kid. I wanna hear some Zep, maybe some Sly Stone, some electric guitar and a good beat, not this stuff my grandma thought was old. Someone needs to breath some life into this sport.

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:08
That and thongs

gjl711
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:10
That and thongs
And no flesh skates.

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:14
Now we are talking

Permagrin
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:18
are we talking playboy or the olympics? :lol::lol:

Belmondo
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:18
That place looks good.

Speaking of restaurants....though expensive, we went to eat at Chama Gaucha (http://www.chamagaucha.com/) today....OMG!! I was full for hours!! I had every cut of meat they brought to the table. Salad bar was good too.

We have one of those Brazilian restaurants near here. They bring the meat to the table on a skewer, and slice it for you. Sadly, we didn't enjoy it much at all. They were not generous with portions, and kept bringing chicken to the table. The guy with the beef was conspicuously absent. The salad bar was mediocre at best. BIL, on the other hand, frequently travels to Brazil on business, and has eaten in the real thing. He raves about the food he's had there.

cfpackerfan
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:22
Sorry your experience wasn't the best. :(

gjl711
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:26
are we talking playboy or the olympics? :lol::lol:
The Olympics of course. Time to get back to the Grecian roots.

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:27
We have one of those Brazilian restaurants near here. They bring the meat to the table on a skewer, and slice it for you. Sadly, we didn't enjoy it much at all. They were not generous with portions, and kept bringing chicken to the table. The guy with the beef was conspicuously absent. The salad bar was mediocre at best. BIL, on the other hand, frequently travels to Brazil on business, and has eaten in the real thing. He raves about the food he's had there.
Hi Tom. The couple times I have been have been great. I don't remember the name of the place but we go with my BIL. Giant salad bar and more meat than I could eat. I have noticed a lot of sushi places are serving smaller and thinner pieces to save money. I rather they charge me more than mess with what I get.

Permagrin
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:29
<------------eating B&J's Americone Dream

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:30
<------------eating B&J's Americone Dream

Ice cream?

Belmondo
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:31
Sorry your experience wasn't the best. :(

A long time ago....

I made up for it many times over with places I really love.

Today, for example, we went to my absolutely favorite Mexican restaurant. It's a little hole-in-the-wall that backs up to the railroad tracks. I know the food is good because whenever Lois and I go, the place is full, and we're the only Anglos in the restaurant.

Permagrin
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:33
Ice cream?

Ben & Jerry's...vanilla ice cream, chocolate covered waffle cone pieces and caramel

JWright
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:35
It is heaven in the shape of a giant dead sea bug.

They are particularly delicious when you go down and get them yourself... I kinda miss lobster diving.

That place looks good.

I couldn't eat a place like that. Anymore, anything more than a 12 oz steak ruins my stomach for at least 24 hours...

True...

She suggested I pursue geriatric photography.

You're not old enough. Besides, I've already got the lock on that one...

Belmondo
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:36
Hi Tom. The couple times I have been have been great. I don't remember the name of the place but we go with my BIL. Giant salad bar and more meat than I could eat. I would love to go to a good one someday. This is strictly a local operation called Picanha Restaurant. Maybe I just picked a bad night, but the online reviews are not that great. Apparently I'm not the only one not impressed.

I have noticed a lot of sushi places are serving smaller and thinner pieces to save money. I rather they charge me more than mess with what I get. .....or else they just serve a lot more California Roll.

monkeygirl
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:39
Night guys. We are tired, and I am going to spend the day with the monkeys tomorrow, so off to bed I go.

Have a good weekend everyone.

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:44
Good night Heather.

I am often reminded of what a sterile boring scripted life many of us in the states live. This video is another reminder of what a neat world it is out there. Beside all that check out the dood riding a bare back gallop on paved surfaces :shock:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=212_1267149990

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:47
HAHA!!! That horse has no bridle! That is so awesome!

Permagrin
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:50
wow.

I thought it wasn't good for horses to gallop them on hard surfaces?

and wow. I didn't know they could run that fast (dunno why, I guess race horses are probably faster...I just didn't think about it)

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 00:56
A race horse does 40 mph or so, he is hauling butt! Generally it is hard on them to run them that hard on pavement for too long. We gallop stretches of road when hunting occasionally. 50 horses at a full gallop on pavement sounds cool from in the middle of it :) I am so ready for riding weather *sigh*
What is amazing is he is riding without tack.

cfpackerfan
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 01:11
<------------eating B&J's Americone DreamYUM

Ben & Jerry's...vanilla ice cream, chocolate covered waffle cone pieces and caramelY.U.M!!!!!!!

Good night Heather.

I am often reminded of what a sterile boring scripted life many of us in the states live. This video is another reminder of what a neat world it is out there. Beside all that check out the dood riding a bare back gallop on paved surfaces :shock:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=212_1267149990Wow!!!

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 01:13
Hi again Kit:) *waves* Pretty incredible vid, eh?

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 01:16
Wow, the wind sure is blowing. My house is surounded by big trees:shock:

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 01:17
:shock:

cfpackerfan
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 01:20
Wow, the wind sure is blowing. My house is surounded by big trees:shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Please don't be squished.

short5
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 01:23
Please don't be squished.Been there, done that :roll: It is out of my hands, if I getta smooshed by a giant tree I guess it was meant to be.

cfpackerfan
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 01:27
I'm off to bed. :) Nighters!

Permagrin
26th of February 2010 (Fri), 01:30
night Cat.

We're still watching the olympics...nordic skiing now...what a stupid looking event.