PDA

View Full Version : First picture with new XS

mixmastermatt
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 20:52
I'm new to this site and to photography in general. My parents sent me an EOS XS for christmas and I've been slowly learning how to use it. Along with that, I've been working with various filters in photoshop. This was actually the first picture I took of my youngest daughter, and I wanted to give it a bit of grittiness to go along with her facial expression. Thoughts?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/mixmastermatt/Good%20stuff/grittymaddy.jpg

Living Daylight
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 21:07
I'm not sure what you were going for with this pic, but I don't like this at all. I find the processing technique combined with the expression make it just plain scary, which is not usually the goal when photographing kids.

mixmastermatt
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 21:17
I'm not sure what you were going for with this pic, but I don't like this at all. I find the processing technique combined with the expression make it just plain scary, which is not usually the goal when photographing kids.

You'd have to know my daughter to understand the pic. She can be scary. :lol:

SJPHoto
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 21:28
oh boy... her face looks bruised! =(

A Monk So Hurt
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 21:44
i think i really like this picture, yeah sure i agree it's a bit scary but man, the expression on her face is scary haha (don't get me wrong she's a cute kid!) the processing works for me with this picture, the only thing i would try to fix is the "bruising" on her nose that SJPhoto pointed out.

She has a kinda HDR look to her and i think it's awesome, especially in her eyes.

Vidcanon
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 22:46
I like the photo also. The tongue and lips are a little disturbing but I do like the originality . Nice work.

williejr
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 23:29
I'm going to have nightmares tonight! :)~ Looks like a topaz filter perhaps? Looks like a real boost in clarity and stucture to get that effect.

fweasel
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 23:32
creepy

CWILL
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 23:33
very different

LuckyJules
24th of January 2010 (Sun), 23:43
I can't tell if I like it or not... a bit creepy for sure!

williejr
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 00:07
I wanted to see just how scary your picture was...

I asked me wife to click on the link to your post. As the picture appeared a screamed at the top of my lungs!! Needless to say, I am sleeping downstair tonight. :( Just as I thought, I look on the little girls face, with a scary scream scared the S*%^T out of her..lol

diegophoto
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 00:23
I wanted to see just how scary your picture was...

I asked me wife to click on the link to your post. As the picture appeared a screamed at the top of my lungs!! Needless to say, I am sleeping downstair tonight. :( Just as I thought, I look on the little girls face, with a scary scream scared the S*%^T out of her..lol

lol that seems worth it to me.

Todd Lambert
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 00:34
Living dead, comes to mind here...

I like it.

Kids shots are always boring... "aww how cute", etc... This is different, I like that.

Flo
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 00:40
A little toning down of the effect..her mouth and nose are way over the top for me..otherwise.lol.I understand the feeling.:lol:

kaiden
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 01:44
Uncalled for comment, your thread did not deserver such harsh words and for that, I am extremely sorry... I can not go back and fix my childish behavior; however I do feel my conscience would not be ok without extending an apology. Once again, I hope you can accept my request for forgiveness and forgive the post as it was placed in an unfavorable format.

Todd Lambert
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 02:04
Burn Tool? Wow.. That's Amazing Bad... Was this the look you were going for?
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/Kaidenjohn/zombieland-little-zombie-girl.jpg

Now, that's a cute kid!

cyberspider
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 14:55
well as for the OP
i guess when she starts dating and you have to fend of the stray dogs sniffing round

just show them that pic and say there you go mate thats what you will get once amonth

they will run for the hills lol lol

HenryLee
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 16:09
scary~

Nathan
25th of January 2010 (Mon), 17:15
so... I say save this for the boyfriend later on