PDA

View Full Version : Contest #26: Voting! (CLOSED)

Big_B
1st of July 2005 (Fri), 01:05
On someone's suggestion I asked Pekka to increase the number of poll options so we can host all the photos in one thread. He did it in about 5 seconds flat, which leads me to ask..... why didn't I think of that before?!!! :oops:

Oh well, we're here now.

Voting:

The poll will remain open for 7 days.
Please don't vote for your own photos!
As before there will 1st, 2nd and 3rd place positions.
No prizes, sorry :lol:
I will be announcing the names (aliases) of the people who win. Send me a PM if you don't want your name to be announced.
All the photos can be viewed here (http://canondigitalphotographycontests.fotopic.net/)

aam1234
1st of July 2005 (Fri), 13:32
It's obvious but somebody has to say it. You can't vote for your own photo(s) :D Nor ask family & friends to do so.

I think this should be mentioned in the rules somewhere.

Don't hate me for saying that, but the other contest I participate in has that good rule.

Big_B
1st of July 2005 (Fri), 15:05
Good point steve. Rules updated.

Big_B
1st of July 2005 (Fri), 15:11
I've already voted, but wanted to comment on a few photos. I think 6, 11 and 25 deserve a special mention for being so wonderfully creative. Also 18 and 19 because the captions made me laugh and so nicely match the expressions.

Finally 16 gets an extra special mention because my fiancee looked at it and said 'mmm tasty!!!'. You can't do better then that! :lol: Just one point though, it would have been better with fresh strawberries ;)

Great work people! :D

aam1234
1st of July 2005 (Fri), 15:18
The other strawberries are fresh :D

Big_B
1st of July 2005 (Fri), 15:22
On that subject, when the contest is over, it would be really good if the photographer of #12 could explain how the photo was taken. I can't work it out and it's really bugging me!

Big_B
1st of July 2005 (Fri), 15:45
While the voting is going on, I thought I'd get you started thinking about the next contest. Click here (http://www.photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82903)for more information. :D

SuperFly
2nd of July 2005 (Sat), 09:40
Hey Big_B, the image in 12 is not that difficult to achieve, get some carbonated water, fill a clear glass item such as a tub, jar, bowl, something long enough to get the lens to take a picture and put your desired items in the carbonated water...

They form bubbles on the surface, and place your camera underneath the bowl and take the shot... I've never tried it, but read descriptions of people trying it with things like a thin slice of orange or lime - gives a nice effect.

Big_B
3rd of July 2005 (Sun), 03:39
bump

Big_B
4th of July 2005 (Mon), 01:31
Hey Big_B, the image in 12 is not that difficult to achieve, get some carbonated water, fill a clear glass item such as a tub, jar, bowl, something long enough to get the lens to take a picture and put your desired items in the carbonated water...

They form bubbles on the surface, and place your camera underneath the bowl and take the shot... I've never tried it, but read descriptions of people trying it with things like a thin slice of orange or lime - gives a nice effect.

Thanks super fly. I didn't think of that. Doh! :o

Big_B
6th of July 2005 (Wed), 04:08
Last day of voting!

Big_B
7th of July 2005 (Thu), 11:21
Voting closed.

Congratulations to everyone for submitting such a strong field of photos. The top photos from this competition are:

First: "And you thought your day was bad!" by sixes
Second: "Hmmm Bubbles" by sailfish
Third: "Look what I caught" by witchy

Well done everyone! :D

Big_B
7th of July 2005 (Thu), 11:22
Anyone going to make a speach? ;)

aam1234
7th of July 2005 (Thu), 12:16
Yeah, I'll make a speech.

I only got one vote. Hope it's not mine by mistake. Oh well, I'm used to it by now.

Oh speech! opps

Let's have some fun in the current contest. (http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82903) Shall we!

Big_B
8th of July 2005 (Fri), 02:20
Short and to the point! Like all the best speeches :)

Sailfish
8th of July 2005 (Fri), 02:25
I'm very happy with 2nd place. I didn't expect that at all!
Congrats to 1st place. Excellent shot.

Mal

Big_B
8th of July 2005 (Fri), 03:20
Well baby photos like that are always going to be a winner :D.

Are some of the other photographers going to come forward and admit who they are?

sixes
8th of July 2005 (Fri), 09:20
Congratulations to everyone. It was a great group of photos.

Thanks everyone who voted for me. This was the first of my photos I have entered any type of competition. I was very surprised I won. I would also like to thank the fish who gave his all so I could capture this image.

Sorry I didn't post earlier; I just got back early from vacation in the Florida Keys. We were evacuated yesterday due to Hurricane Dennis.

I had a great time. I will have to enter more of these contests.

My favorites were 2, 12, and 24 (I'm a coffee nut)

EricKonieczny
8th of July 2005 (Fri), 09:57
I had two photos and only 2 votes. Oh well

My photos were # 22 and 23.

I seem to always liek the candid photos much better than set up shots. They all have their artistic creativity, I just like candidness.

aam1234
8th of July 2005 (Fri), 10:14
Mine was no. 12

witchy
9th of July 2005 (Sat), 11:26
I loved the first and second place getters. Both are fantastic shots. Thankyou for those who voted for me, I am stoked!

RinkRat
10th of July 2005 (Sun), 10:24
#20 was mine.

Great job by sixes, sailfish, and witchy.

There were 6 really good photos this time. (IMO)

SuperFly
10th of July 2005 (Sun), 12:42
Been away for a while... Studying for an exam.
Mine was 16... totally agree, should've used fresh strawberries, in any case, not bad for a first time i guess :)

I did like No.1 as it really screamed "Tasty" to me ;)

Gonna hope to do better next time :)

Laters...

Big_B
11th of July 2005 (Mon), 14:37
I hope the exam went well!

berrylish
11th of July 2005 (Mon), 21:23
#16 is my desktop wallpaper now. mmmmm

SuperFly
12th of July 2005 (Tue), 10:44
I hope the exam went well!
Not done it yet - it's on Thursday and its CISSP :cool: hope i do well cause it's $500 worth of exam heh!!
I won't be submitting for #27 as a result :cry:

#16 is my desktop wallpaper now. mmmmm
Hey Berrylish - wow that's cool... thanks, I think that's my first wallpaper -- that i know of :)