PDA

View Full Version : Newborn C&C please!

MOMBOT
5th of May 2010 (Wed), 18:38
I am trying to go through and edit the pictures I did on my first session with a newborn. I am new to it all...sessions and editing. Please let me know what you think about this one. I appreciate all help :)

I know on the right side I severed his poor arm! He was not happy at the moment and streams of pee quickly followed! :eek:

suecassidy
5th of May 2010 (Wed), 19:00
I love that you can almost feel the soft texture of the baby's hair in this shot! I also love the shallow depth of field and the little toes showing in the background. The arms should have been folded up, so they don't hang down like that though, in my opinion, and I would typically center this shot. I also like that Mom's wedding ring is showing, don't know why I like that, but I really do. Overall, this is a very nice shot. The mom should quite like this!

Q-bert
5th of May 2010 (Wed), 19:25
I like it. It has a feel of anonymity, like it could be any one holding any baby. That may not be a good thing for the mother though, but then again she probably won't see it that way.

MOMBOT
5th of May 2010 (Wed), 19:25
I love that you can almost feel the soft texture of the baby's hair in this shot! I also love the shallow depth of field and the little toes showing in the background. The arms should have been folded up, so they don't hang down like that though, in my opinion, and I would typically center this shot. I also like that Mom's wedding ring is showing, don't know why I like that, but I really do. Overall, this is a very nice shot. The mom should quite like this!

Thank you Sue :) I just went back and looked and I think I might have one that has his arms folded up so I will edit that one as well. It may be more centered as well or I may be able to fix it so it is centered. He was protesting at the time of this picture. Thank you for your feedback!

MOMBOT
5th of May 2010 (Wed), 19:28
I like it. It has a feel of anonymity, like it could be any one holding any baby. That may not be a good thing for the mother though, but then again she probably won't see it that way.

Thanks :-) She will probably remember it as he tinkled all over himself and her to get the picture! Being my first session ever I was scared she might get upset (plus she is 17) because he left her looking like she needed training pants herself :lol:

k-style
5th of May 2010 (Wed), 19:45
this is a wonderful shot as far as quality and exposure, the only thing that damages it is the composition, which is pretty tough to fix, my suggestion is put it in LR, tilt so that the baby's arms are aligned, then crop straight down the middle of the baby's head....try and save the mothers ring though....then add some layers to make it POP....when i get home ill give it a go for you if you dont mind.

MOMBOT
5th of May 2010 (Wed), 21:19
this is a wonderful shot as far as quality and exposure, the only thing that damages it is the composition, which is pretty tough to fix, my suggestion is put it in LR, tilt so that the baby's arms are aligned, then crop straight down the middle of the baby's head....try and save the mothers ring though....then add some layers to make it POP....when i get home ill give it a go for you if you dont mind.

Go for it :) I'm interested to see what you come up with!

digitalphotocandy
6th of May 2010 (Thu), 19:21
It does really nicely show his soft peach fuzz hair off really well. I would crop it super tight, convert to black and white or browntone and burn it the background way down so the only thing showing is that soft little head and hands.

k-style
6th of May 2010 (Thu), 23:05
okay this is what i came up with, just some minor cropping and an overlay layer and noise layer.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4585975996_677eaed852_b.jpg

suecassidy
7th of May 2010 (Fri), 14:19
I actually like that composition, hanging arm and all, now that the other side is cropped. Nice.

MOMBOT
8th of May 2010 (Sat), 18:56
Yeah, I will crop this one to get rid of the severed arm look. Thank you for showing it this way k-style.

k-style
8th of May 2010 (Sat), 19:37
Yeah, I will crop this one to get rid of the severed arm look. Thank you for showing it this way k-style.

not a problem MOMBOT! :)

swimchic
9th of May 2010 (Sun), 07:47
It is very nice, besides the crop.
Just a tip when shooting against black like that, don't be afraid to go wider than your black bg, you can always paint the outer edges black, or of course, crop in, and that way you'll never miss an arm like that :)

MOMBOT
9th of May 2010 (Sun), 16:25
It is very nice, besides the crop.
Just a tip when shooting against black like that, don't be afraid to go wider than your black bg, you can always paint the outer edges black, or of course, crop in, and that way you'll never miss an arm like that :)

Thanks Jeni, I will def. watch the crop more next time or like you said go wider. I was rushing as he was upset and it was my first shoot, so we were all learning. Then he wet and it was over...lol Thanks for the C&C!