Fred Eric Norris
23rd of May 2010 (Sun), 13:33
anyone know if there are any camera stores that rent lenses in the Charleston, SC area? Haven't been able to find any online, thinking my best bet is to rent online..
I'll be there with friends for a week for a wedding in August...
28th of May 2010 (Fri), 14:40
I actually just looked into this. I thought I had a couple leads but no luck. I'm going there in 2 weeks. I think you need to order online before you set out.
28th of June 2010 (Mon), 19:30
Not affiliated with this guy at all... I'm moving to Charleston in a couple of weeks and have been browsing craigslist to get a feel for what i'm in for. Found this thread searching Charleston on POTN...
Too late for either of the original posters, I'm sure - but may come in handy for someone else.
When contacting me for the first time, please let me know what you're interested in, when, and for how long, thank you.
I have the following equipment for rent, all Canon unless otherwise specified.
- 5D Mark II camera
- S90 advanced P&S camera
- 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG IF HSM by Sigma
- 15mm f/2.8 fisheye
- 16-35mm f/2.8 L version II
- 24-70mm f/2.8 L
- 24-105mm f/4 L IS
- 50mm f/1.4 by Sigma (sharper and cleaner than Canon's 50mm f/1.4)
- 70-200mm f/4 L IS
- 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS
- 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II, Canon's new version
- 85mm f/1.2 L version II
- 100mm f/2.8 macro
- 100-400mm f/4.5 - f/5.6 L IS
- 200mm f/2 L IS
- 400mm f/2.8 L IS
- 1.4X and 2X teleconverters
- Kenko extension tube set (for macro work)
- Really Right Stuff pano set (for shooting panoramas) including a leveling base
- Einstein studio lights with transceiver modules and CyberCommander
- Alien Bees studio lights: regular and ring
- almost the entire Paul Buff / Alien Bees modifier catalog, including medium, large, and giant softboxes, umbrellas, stands, boom, beauty dish with grid and sock, 10/20/30/40 degree grids, moon units, light shovel, barn doors, all kinds of gels and filters, 13' air cushioned and 9.5' stands, a selection of backgrounds, including a green screen, white, black, gray, mottled gray, blue, and red
- CyberCommander, CyberSync+, and CyberSync wireless triggers
- remote power via Vagabond II portable power pack (used for powering studio lights), one ultra light and quiet portable Honda EU1000i and one EU2000i generator for remote shooting, fans, computers, etc. anywhere
- Sekonic L-558 light meter
- 580EX II, 580EX, and 430EX portable flashes and external battery packs
- wired and remote camera triggers; Canon TC-80N3 time-lapse camera trigger
- Gitzo tripods and monopods, Really Right Stuff brackets, and Acratech ballheads
- Think Tank and Lowepro bags, belts, and pouches
- Canon GL2 Mini DV 3CCD semi-professional camcorder
- Flycam 5000 image stabilization (e.g. steadicam) rig with body harness
- Manfrotto 501HDV fluid head and 351MVB2K video tripod
- Rode NTG-3 shotgun mic + Rode Blimp + internally coiled boom pole + 20ft XLR cable
- Sennheiser MKE 300 hotshoe-mount shotgun mic
- Sennheiser G2 wireless lapel/lavaliere mics
- 8" HDMI LCD 1080p field monitor (for use with 5DII etc. for better framing and focus pulls)
- Zoom H4n field recorder
- coming soon: follow focus, 4 channel mixer, rail system, matte box with flags and filters, and dolly/glide track
Three days' rental minimum charge
I offer training in conjunction with the rental.
My customers have included http://www.foxcommercialmedia.com , http://www.pdastage.com/ , http://www.saic.com, http://www.benefitfocus.com/ , http://www.kingstreetstudios.com/ , http://www.dianadeaver.com/ , http://www.markanthonyphoto.net and many others.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
6th of May 2011 (Fri), 00:34
Ran across this thread.
You can rent lenses, cameras, lighting gear, etc.: http://charlestonavgear.com/
vBulletin® v3.6.12, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.