PDA

View Full Version : April wood


Andrei
9th of April 2001 (Mon), 08:40
This weekend I saw that snow almost gone. I decided to walk in our wood.

Regardless of the cloudy day there were some interesting views. They are here:

http://www.fototime.com/inv/B08164190AD4F3A

John - NJ
9th of April 2001 (Mon), 11:50
Andrei:

Below is one of your photos that I cropped and beefed up a bit. I saw photos within your photos. They just needed, in my very amateur and humble opinion, a little tweaking.

I went to a nature photo competition and all the judge kept saying was "crop here and there" and "get closer".

I don't know what others would think and I'm sure there's better ways to tweak this in Photoshop. This was just something quick to give you some ideas. I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is given. ;)

Revised Photo Crop
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573480&a=12518771&p=46177009

Revised Photo Whole
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573480&a=12518771&p=46177695

Original Photo
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573480&a=12518771&p=46178247

Andrei
9th of April 2001 (Mon), 11:58
O, thanks !

Loos like a horn. That's what exactly I meant, but you showed it much better.
Your tone is more warm, I intentionally left it more cold and grey (the weather was not too merry).

John - NJ wrote:
Andrei:

Below is one of your photos that I cropped and beefed up a bit. I saw photos within your photos. They just needed, in my very amateur and humble opinion, a little tweaking.

I went to a nature photo competition and all the judge kept saying was "crop here and there" and "get closer".

I don't know what others would think and I'm sure there's better ways to tweak this in Photoshop. This was just something quick to give you some ideas. I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is given. ;)

Wolflook
13th of April 2001 (Fri), 09:05
Hi John,

I really like what you did with the photos (i liked them before also). Could you give me some pointers how you achieved the more saturated look? I'm pretty much a novice with post processing. I tried upping the saturation on the original photo, but that didnt seem quite right.

Thanks,
Don

John - NJ
13th of April 2001 (Fri), 10:33
Wolflook:

Which software package are you using? I used Photoshop 5.5 and just increased the saturation. Then I increased contrast and sharpened it a bit.

Wolflook
13th of April 2001 (Fri), 10:56
I'm using Corel PhotoPaint 9, which i believe is just as capable as Photoshop (just not as standard :( ). I messed around with it a little bit more and was able to get satisfactory results. Intially, using the same photo you did, i increased saturation only, but it seemed way too red. I adjusted the tone curve a little, then increased saturation, and got much better results.

Thanks,
Don (you can use this name... I tried to change my user name, but it wouldn't let me, so i'm stuck with Wolflook. I use that name for a few other forums where names are too common, but i should have stuck with Don here, because i dont believe there are any Dons yet.)

John - NJ wrote:
Wolflook:

Which software package are you using? I used Photoshop 5.5 and just increased the saturation. Then I increased contrast and sharpened it a bit.

Pekka
13th of April 2001 (Fri), 14:30
Wolflook, if you want a username Don, register again as Don, the name is still free. Your old posts are under Wolflook, and new ones will then be as Don.

I found out that have no means of editing user names (everything else can be edited), it seems this forum is built so that it is fixed . If you have problems registering mail me.

Wolflook wrote:
I tried to change my user name, but it wouldn't let me, so i'm stuck with Wolflook. I use that name for a few other forums where names are too common, but i should have stuck with Don here, because i dont believe there are any Dons yet.)