PDA

View Full Version : Custom License Plate Ideas

CosmoKid
14th of June 2010 (Mon), 08:45
Bought a new car today. Honda Crosstour so I can lug my kids and my euipment around.

When I leased my last car I was going to get a custom plate. I played a lot of poker at the time (still play some) and I have 2 year old twins. My plate was going to be ....

TOP PAIR

I thoiught it was appropriate for poker and my kids. When you lease a car, you dont own the plates and I would have lost the rights to that plate when my Infiniti was returned.

Now I won't.

So I am looking for ideas for photography-based plates that also relates to my twins.

My first thought was something to do with a double exposure, but I can't figure out how to fi it into 8 charachters.

DBLXPSUR is hard to figure out

2X XPSUR is also tough and wont fit right.

And ideas?

asysin2leads
14th of June 2010 (Mon), 09:44
Here you go. Yes, I know it's Ohio. :D

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9162/oplate.jpg

CosmoKid
14th of June 2010 (Mon), 10:26
LOL. Love it. But I do want one that combines my photography and my twins. Not easy, i know....

asysin2leads
14th of June 2010 (Mon), 10:49
LOL. Love it. But I do want one that combines my photography and my twins. Not easy, i know....

Come to our house for a bit and you'll see that we live in a zoo. Five kids will cause this, btw. The chimp would apply there, too. ;)

Karl Johnston
14th of June 2010 (Mon), 20:53
2clickrs

:D

drb_52
15th of June 2010 (Tue), 19:21
LUV2PICS

DreDaze
15th of June 2010 (Tue), 19:33
double exposure is the name of a new bravo show about photographers or something...not sure if you want that...

birdfromboat
15th of June 2010 (Tue), 19:59
DBLSHOT

asysin2leads
15th of June 2010 (Tue), 21:32
double exposure is the name of a new bravo show about photographers or something...not sure if you want that...

Or is it about girls at Mardi Gras? :D

slitherjef
15th of June 2010 (Tue), 21:52
ovrxposd (over exposed)
f8nbtr (f8 and be there)
2stpev (2 stop exposure value?)
ev2stp (ditto)

JWright
15th of June 2010 (Tue), 22:32

On Bravo. Premieres tonight...

Smashtic
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 11:09
Hm. I like the idea of a custom license plate, but not when its jumbled up shortened versions of words, that leave a lot of people confused

Have you thought about something based around your favorite lens, or focal length? I think that might translate easily into a license plate, something like:

200mm f4(I know you can put spaces between words, and in CA you can put dashes I think, not sure about periods for a 2.8 or something, but still a good thought.

jdizzle
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 12:44
CANONUSR

spkerer
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 12:58
I've thought about it, but made the intentional decision not to put anything suggesting photography on my car. I'd rather not leave hints that their may be expensive photo equipment locked in the car.

But if you do go with a personalized one, run it by a couple of friends first. Sometimes people coming up with the abbreviation are so blinded to what they're coming up with that they fail to see other ways to read that same abbreviation. Sometimes the results are confusing, sometimes humorous, and sometimes quite embarrassing.

hsmoscout
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 13:09
But if you do go with a personalized one, run it by a couple of friends first. Sometimes people coming up with the abbreviation are so blinded to what they're coming up with that they fail to see other ways to read that same abbreviation. Sometimes the results are confusing, sometimes humorous, and sometimes quite embarrassing.
Like this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30112394/

spkerer
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 13:11

:D Yep, perfect example!

PhotosByEric
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 13:15

LOL, I read it as I love to FU. I showed it to the wife and she read it the same way. Dirty minds think alike:D

asysin2leads
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 16:48
LOL, I read it as I love to FU. I showed it to the wife and she read it the same way. Dirty minds think alike:D

My wife and I call it "the firehouse mind." We've both been in fire/ems for about 20 years.

I had to go the BMV yesterday. I was there getting my stuff taken care of when this lady got all bent out of shape because they wouldn't fill her request for a custom plate. She said she tried it online, but it kicked it back as "profane." She got really pissed at the registrar because she wouldn't have the plate ordered. She said that it was her "right" to have whatever plate she wanted. The registrar leaned over the counter, looked her square in the eye and said, "And it's my right to deny any request." The lady called her a few profane words and walked out. She got into a brand, spanking new Porsche convertible with all kinds of "Equality," "Peace" and "mother earth" bullcrap on her car. Why in the hell would anyone put that kind of crap on a $95,000 car?

Sledhed
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 18:07
C'mon Kevin, you can't tell us that story without telling us what she wanted on the plate.

asysin2leads
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 19:05
C'mon Kevin, you can't tell us that story without telling us what she wanted on the plate.

I only wish I knew. My wife wanted to know, too. She had it on the application, but neither of the 2 actually said it. I felt like asking, but the BMV was a zoo. Sorry.

Kronie
16th of June 2010 (Wed), 19:36
Not photo related But just to see if my DMV would do it (and they did as I have the plate)

I asked for:

IH8YOU

I never ran the car with the plate...obviously

HOCKEYSTOP
17th of June 2010 (Thu), 18:31
LO ISO
LOW ISO
85LPRIME
1MOREOOF
FOCALPNT
SHOTNRAW

Markk9
18th of June 2010 (Fri), 07:08
A few years ago, I spotted a nice red mustang with a young hot red head, costume plate was: MANHOLS.

Mark

Octowl
18th of June 2010 (Fri), 20:46
i want mine to say WTFDUDE
any i can say for them to allow me to have it?