PDA

View Full Version : what is the common size of prints for a portfolio ?

picard
26th of July 2010 (Mon), 17:57
what is the common size of prints for a portfolio ?

Picture North Carolina
27th of July 2010 (Tue), 06:28
I don't think there is a "common size" any more than there is a "best camera."

Your first consideration should be the art that goes into it.

That being said, I personally think that 8 x 10 or similar small sizes are just too small to showcase your art. I have found the Itoya Premium grade 13 x 19 portfolios to be perfect. Nice large prints, excellent presentation of your art, but even when full very comfortably handled and presented.

picard
27th of July 2010 (Tue), 17:09
I don't think there is a "common size" any more than there is a "best camera."

Your first consideration should be the art that goes into it.

That being said, I personally think that 8 x 10 or similar small sizes are just too small to showcase your art. I have found the Itoya Premium grade 13 x 19 portfolios to be perfect. Nice large prints, excellent presentation of your art, but even when full very comfortably handled and presented.

what kind of paper is used to print on this 13 x 19 ?

Wilt
27th of July 2010 (Tue), 17:29
Presentation cases by companies like Light Impressions come in sizes from interiors that fit 8.5 x 11" to 20 x24"

Picture North Carolina
27th of July 2010 (Tue), 17:47
what kind of paper is used to print on this 13 x 19 ?

Depends upon the print. In mine, some of the stuff is on hahnemuhle photo rag (matte) and for the gloss side, either hahnemuhle photo rag satin or ilford galerie smooth pearl.

Many people feel itoya portfolios are the primo way to go. Cost more, but IMHO worth it.

PhotosGuy
27th of July 2010 (Tue), 23:43
Since you used a descriptive title, the forum has done a mini-search for you. Look at the links at the very bottom left hand corner of this page.