PDA

View Full Version : Copyright symbol keyboard shortcut

Curtis N
18th of August 2005 (Thu), 10:38
I remember in a thread some months back, someone shared a simple set of keystrokes to generate the copyright symbol. I wrote it down but now I can't find my note.

If someone can help me out with this, I will be eternally grateful and promise not to lose it this time.;)

Thanks!

mrclark321
18th of August 2005 (Thu), 11:38
TTT

HungryWriter
18th of August 2005 (Thu), 11:42
I remember in a thread some months back, someone shared a simple set of keystrokes to generate the copyright symbol. I wrote it down but now I can't find my note.

If someone can help me out with this, I will be eternally grateful and promise not to lose it this time.;)

Thanks!

ALT+CTRL+C

or better if on these boards versus Word, etc.:

ALT+0169

HungryWriter
18th of August 2005 (Thu), 11:43
ALT+CTRL+C

or better if on these boards versus Word, etc.:

ALT+0169

Assuming you are on a PC.

For Mac use OPTION+G

Curtis N
18th of August 2005 (Thu), 11:50
İİİ:D

Thanks, Hungry!

Yes, I should have mentioned I'm using that wretched Bill Gates operating system.

Edit: It should be noted that the [Alt]0169 shortcut only works if you use the number keys on the number pad, not the number keys above the letters.

HungryWriter
18th of August 2005 (Thu), 11:52
İİİ:D

Thanks, Hungry!

Yes, I should have mentioned I'm using that wretched Bill Gates operating system.

I like the PC keyboard way better than Apple. I like the ALT drop downs and shortcuts, etc.

Any WORD or EXCEL related questions, feel free to ask.

SabrinaDionne
18th of August 2005 (Thu), 12:00
Any time I need a short cut to a symbol I go to my systems tools and click on Character Map. There you can find many. Keep in mind some fonts won't support certain codes.

Have a Sunny in the shade Day !

morris_jay
19th of August 2005 (Fri), 02:47
Any WORD or EXCEL related questions, feel free to ask.

How do you get the mathematics symbols and stuff in word? i.e root signs, divide lines etc.??

jimsolt
19th of August 2005 (Fri), 06:31
How do you get the mathematics symbols and stuff in word? i.e root signs, divide lines etc.??

Again Character Map but they won't be available in all fonts.

Jim

Mernya
19th of August 2005 (Fri), 14:53
Or look up an HTML Character Map, like this one: http://esqsoft.globalservers.com/

Everywhere you see a &#, substitute the ALT key. Drop the semicolon.
So the ÷ is ALT 247 (since you asked about math symbols)
I used to know most of the typography ones when I was doing layout and graphic design. :)

Hellashot
19th of August 2005 (Fri), 17:36

Thanks!

You can easily find any symbol through the Character Map in Acessories in WIndows.

morris_jay
19th of August 2005 (Fri), 17:52
Again Character Map but they won't be available in all fonts.

Jim

No, its not what I mean.

I am talking about writing correct formulae. Just as if you were writing with a pen, except they write it correctly.

Theres integral signs and things. Character map doesn't have them. Any ideas?