PDA

View Full Version : Editing Software

supernova74
24th of September 2010 (Fri), 03:48
Hi all.

Ive got some video editing to do for work. What program do you recommend to use? Basically i need to join footage together, add a few titles and splice some footage.

Cheers

JPM Photography
24th of September 2010 (Fri), 14:20
If that is all you need to do and you don't want to spend any money, look into Windows Movie Maker. Free, and surprising easy to use.

of course, if you happen to have a Mac, the clear choice is iMovie.

seaside
24th of September 2010 (Fri), 17:17
Grass Valley's Edius Neo 2 Booster. Have a look at the website. From what I've seen (and experienced) it seems to be a lot more stable than most other NLE's out there.

http://www.grassvalley.com/products/edius_neo_2_booster

MaxxuM
26th of September 2010 (Sun), 00:28
Beyond Movie Maker, there's Pinnacle, Sony Vegas Studio and Adobe Premiere Elements. They are powerful enough to put out professional looking video and the learning curve isn't great. I would look at Sony Vegas Studio personally. It's so easy to use, renders faster than most others, is multithreaded and has a ton of Fx and transitions to start with.

benesotor
26th of September 2010 (Sun), 14:57
Beyond Movie Maker, there's Pinnacle, Sony Vegas Studio and Adobe Premiere Elements. They are powerful enough to put out professional looking video and the learning curve isn't great. I would look at Sony Vegas Studio personally. It's so easy to use, renders faster than most others, is multithreaded and has a ton of Fx and transitions to start with.

I agree

If you want more flexibility than moviemaker/iMovie then Sony Vegas Studio is always my recommendation.
To be honest though it sounds like movie maker would work fine for you.