Thread started 19 Apr 2012 (Thursday) 19:38   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

romverj
Mostly Lurking
Joined Oct 2010
17 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Hello everyone!
So about a year ago, I made my very first attempt at a star time-lapse video. You can see it HEREexternal link if you want to. While I know how to capture the pictures and edit them in mass quantities, I don't necessarily know the proper way of putting them into a movie. If you watch my video, you might notice all of the compression issues and noise that appears in the movie (but not the individual pictures). I was using iMovie to edit at the time, and I think that may have something to do with it. What program would you recommend using for such a project (I'm planning on trying again this summer)? And what's the best way of grouping the photographs into individual clips?

:confused:

Post #1, Apr 19, 2012 19:38:31

Equipment: Canon 60D
Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24mm F/1.4 II L, Canon 50mm F/1.8, Canon MP-E 65mm 1-5x, Vivitar 13mm F/2.8
Flickrexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Mark1
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2008
6,725 posts
Maryland
[MORE/SHARE]

Seam McCormic has a preset for lightroom that is just for this. And it is free. It is worth looking into if you already have Lightroom. Just edit one image, then sync the rest, and export.

http://lrbplugins.com ...melapse-presetstemplates/external link

Post #2, Apr 19, 2012 21:21:31

I started a new showcase site for photographers and models. E-Mag coming soon! Please considder submitting!www.thelatentpixel.comexternal link

romverj
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
Joined Oct 2010
17 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Mark1 wrote in post #14295971external link
Seam McCormic has a preset for lightroom that is just for this. And it is free. It is worth looking into if you already have Lightroom. Just edit one image, then sync the rest, and export.

http://lrbplugins.com ...melapse-presetstemplates/external link

Thanks!

Post #3, Apr 20, 2012 21:49:51

Equipment: Canon 60D
Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 24mm F/1.4 II L, Canon 50mm F/1.8, Canon MP-E 65mm 1-5x, Vivitar 13mm F/2.8
Flickrexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
469 views & 0 likes for this thread
Time-Lapse Editing
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Astronomy & Celestial Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES