Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th of April 2004 (Thu)   #1
gail

Default question about web server

Sorry but I didn't know anywhere else to ask this question.

I have this program that generates you photo to thumbnails and then put them like in a photo album to view on the web. It's call
(Express Thumbnail Creator)

Well my problem is that after I get my photo web page made the software it self will not let you send it to the web for viewing. It said you have to send the file to your server. Well I'm new at this and don't know how to go about doing this type of thing. Can someone help me out please.

What I'm wanting to do. I have this photo album made now and saved on my computer. But cant figure out how to send it to a server. HELP... PLEASE

Are I guess web page maker would work just find. one that you can like drag and drop your photos. Because I don't know anything thing about HTML and all that coding things. I just try and keep it simple. Something that pretty much walks me through it. LOL Sorry but I dumb when it comes to all this ebbing images and all with the HTML. code.

Are can someone tell me maybe of a good software that will let you create a album the way you want. And then post in on the web. I have a gallery on-line now. but I don't really care for it much. I want to be able to put my pictures in categories like people,animals,landscape,vacations. and so on.
I want the first page to be open with just my categories on there
and you click on every witch you want to look at. Like Animal Gallery. and then it brings up all the pictures you have on that page.

am I making any sense? I'm sorry. I would appreciate it very much if someone could point me in the right place to do this. Thanks
75-300mm 35-80mm
Flash 420 EX
2-256mb cards
1GB card
gail is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 15th of April 2004 (Thu)   #2
Idoc

Hey Gail,

Sorry dont know of any software but thought this may work.

One place you might like would be

http://www.fotopic.net

It is a free image hosting service, with tons of space.
Click on the link to idocs gallery in my sig to view the layout. I have been pretty happy with it so far.

The only thing is instead of making the gallery in a program on your computer you would have to upload your photos in to categories that you create, Hope this helps. Not sure if this is what you meant
Idoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of April 2004 (Fri)   #3
evilenglishman

gail, what generally happens is that you upload all the files to your webspace with an f.t.p program.

Here is a basic guide to ftp:
http://www.ftp-planet.com/ftpresources/basics.htm
evilenglishman is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 18th of April 2004 (Sun)   #4
KO_300D

PM sent