Thread started 17 Apr 2004 (Saturday) 19:18   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

CoolToolGuy
Boosting Ruler Sales
Joined Aug 2003
4,175 posts
Maryland, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Next Saturday, April 24, the largest Porsche-only Swap Meet in the World assembles for one day in Hershey, PA. This event started as a Swap Meet, but with all the Porsches that show up (750 last year), it makes for quite a feast for the eyes.
http://www.centralpapo​rsche.org/swap/index.h​tmlexternal link

I'll be there selling my Cool Tools. If you go, stop by and we can shoot the breeze for a while.

Post #1, Apr 17, 2004 19:18:12

Rick

My Gear list

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Josh
Joined Apr 2004
137 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

That would be fun to go to...to bad i live in texas though...

Post #2, Apr 18, 2004 01:51:35

CoolToolGuy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Boosting Ruler Sales
Joined Aug 2003
4,175 posts
Maryland, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Josh wrote:

Well, Josh, a little Mapquest and you could get the route :wink:

It's a fun day. The forecast at the moment is for cloudy, which makes for the best automotive photography - 750 Porsches on display, from 356s through 911s and 928s to the latest Carreras. Many ex-racers (cars as well as drivers) show up, and Jerry Seinfeld (who started out driving and collecting air-cooled VWs and Porsches) has been seen walking the aisles.

And, all of this in the chocolate capital (at least of the USA, if not the world). :D

They intentionally make it the same week as Spring Carlisle, which is about 40-50 miles away. I'll go to Carlisle on Thursday for my annual spring therapy session, then back up I-83 to Hershey on Saturday. :D

Josh, I know that's a stretch, but for folks that are closer, it is a great opportunity to do lens tests on something other than waterfowl. :roll:

Post #3, Apr 18, 2004 17:38:48

Rick

My Gear list

Josh
Joined Apr 2004
137 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

CoolToolGuy wrote:
Josh wrote:

And, all of this in the chocolate capital (at least of the USA, if not the world). :D

LOL, I am so allergic to choclate its not even funny....the problem is...its so tempting!!!

Post #4, Apr 18, 2004 18:21:25

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2003
26,804 posts
ABE, PA USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Rick,

How crowded does it get over there and what about the traffic? I'd love to drive down there for a look-see but one thing I hate is fighting my way through traffic (or sitting in one for a while without moving much) and shoulder to shoulder crowds.

Post #5, Apr 18, 2004 18:25:23

...Leo

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
CoolToolGuy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Boosting Ruler Sales
Joined Aug 2003
4,175 posts
Maryland, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

PacAce wrote:
Rick,

How crowded does it get over there and what about the traffic? I'd love to drive down there for a look-see but one thing I hate is fighting my way through traffic (or sitting in one for a while without moving much) and shoulder to shoulder crowds.

Leo, there is a relatively big crowd, but it is on the parking lots for Hershey Park and the new arena, and the parking lots and approaches were completely rebuilt for the new arena. I usually get there with the first vendors around 6:00, so I don't know what the wait or backup is like later in the day. The roads are built for the high volume - this is the same location where the big Hershey antique car show is held in October. All-in-all, I think you will get through it rather quickly.

As for the human crowding, it is not too bad. Weather has a lot to do with it - if it is a perfect day, the crowd tends to be larger. But not shoulder-to-shoulder.

Post #6, Apr 18, 2004 18:44:19

Rick

My Gear list

CoolToolGuy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Boosting Ruler Sales
Joined Aug 2003
4,175 posts
Maryland, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

What a great day it was! 1,100 Porsches in attendance, and I sold enough stuff to get a new lens and a FlashTrax along with some other goodies.

The highlights:
http://www.centralpapo​rsche.org/swap/index.h​tmlexternal link

Post #7, May 04, 2004 11:57:15

Rick

My Gear list

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,357 views & 0 likes for this thread
If You Like Porsches...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES