Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th of April 2004 (Sat)   #1
CoolToolGuy
Boosting Ruler Sales

Default If You Like Porsches...

Next Saturday, April 24, the largest Porsche-only Swap Meet in the World assembles for one day in Hershey, PA. This event started as a Swap Meet, but with all the Porsches that show up (750 last year), it makes for quite a feast for the eyes.
http://www.centralpaporsche.org/swap/index.html

I'll be there selling my Cool Tools. If you go, stop by and we can shoot the breeze for a while.

My Gear list
CoolToolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 18th of April 2004 (Sun)   #2
Josh

That would be fun to go to...to bad i live in texas though...
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th of April 2004 (Sun)   #3
CoolToolGuy
Boosting Ruler Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Well, Josh, a little Mapquest and you could get the route

It's a fun day. The forecast at the moment is for cloudy, which makes for the best automotive photography - 750 Porsches on display, from 356s through 911s and 928s to the latest Carreras. Many ex-racers (cars as well as drivers) show up, and Jerry Seinfeld (who started out driving and collecting air-cooled VWs and Porsches) has been seen walking the aisles.

And, all of this in the chocolate capital (at least of the USA, if not the world).

They intentionally make it the same week as Spring Carlisle, which is about 40-50 miles away. I'll go to Carlisle on Thursday for my annual spring therapy session, then back up I-83 to Hershey on Saturday.

Josh, I know that's a stretch, but for folks that are closer, it is a great opportunity to do lens tests on something other than waterfowl.

My Gear list
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 18th of April 2004 (Sun)   #4
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolToolGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh

And, all of this in the chocolate capital (at least of the USA, if not the world).
LOL, I am so allergic to choclate its not even funny....the problem is...its so tempting!!!
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th of April 2004 (Sun)   #5
PacAce

Rick,

How crowded does it get over there and what about the traffic? I'd love to drive down there for a look-see but one thing I hate is fighting my way through traffic (or sitting in one for a while without moving much) and shoulder to shoulder crowds.
Old 18th of April 2004 (Sun)   #6
CoolToolGuy
Boosting Ruler Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacAce
Rick,

How crowded does it get over there and what about the traffic? I'd love to drive down there for a look-see but one thing I hate is fighting my way through traffic (or sitting in one for a while without moving much) and shoulder to shoulder crowds.
Leo, there is a relatively big crowd, but it is on the parking lots for Hershey Park and the new arena, and the parking lots and approaches were completely rebuilt for the new arena. I usually get there with the first vendors around 6:00, so I don't know what the wait or backup is like later in the day. The roads are built for the high volume - this is the same location where the big Hershey antique car show is held in October. All-in-all, I think you will get through it rather quickly.

As for the human crowding, it is not too bad. Weather has a lot to do with it - if it is a perfect day, the crowd tends to be larger. But not shoulder-to-shoulder.

My Gear list
Old 4th of May 2004 (Tue)   #7
CoolToolGuy
Boosting Ruler Sales

What a great day it was! 1,100 Porsches in attendance, and I sold enough stuff to get a new lens and a FlashTrax along with some other goodies.

The highlights:
http://www.centralpaporsche.org/swap/index.html

My Gear list