Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > General Photography Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th of June 2005 (Fri)   #1
monkey_wrench

Default Pentax MX

I was given a Pentax MX 35mm today and i wondering is it worth anythin
Old 17th of June 2005 (Fri)   #2
monkey_wrench

Default Re: Pentax MX

Old 17th of June 2005 (Fri)   #3
O/confusion
Thread Killer

Default Re: Pentax MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench
I was given a Pentax MX 35mm today and i wondering is it worth anythin
Not worth much cash-wise, but it's a damn fine camera--I've had mine since I bought it brand new in the '70s, and after all these years of considerable use it's still as reliable and sturdy as it was back then. (I think neil_r
used this camera for some time, too, if memory serves...))About five or so years ago I had the blackout foam replaced as it was beginning to disintegrate; I was debating whether or not it was worth it, but the technician who checked it out said that since the camera was in perfect mechanical condition (it didn't even need to have its shutter timing tuned) and was, in his opinion, one of the best-built 35mm manual cameras made, I'd be foolish to write it off.

Yours looks to be in excellent shape. It's a marvellous camera for learning to master the skills of photography; it's light, quite compact, and since the only battery-dependent feature is the light meter it is extremely dependable. It's often a popular chioce (with the K1000) for art students or those wanting to learn photography from the ground up. It should sell easily, but don't expect to make much off it.

Regards,

Terry