Thread started 17 Jun 2005 (Friday) 13:46   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

monkey_wrench
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2005
1,061 posts
Manchester England
[MORE/SHARE]

I was given a Pentax MX 35mm today and i wondering is it worth anythin???

Post #1, Jun 17, 2005 13:46:11

Canon 5D - Canon 30D - 12-24mm Sigma - 24-105mm Canon L - 18-200mm Sigma - 2x 580ex flash guns

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
monkey_wrench
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2005
1,061 posts
Manchester England
[MORE/SHARE]

IMAGE: http://www.ne.jp/asahi/japan/manual-camera/mx_01.jpg

Post #2, Jun 17, 2005 13:57:51

Canon 5D - Canon 30D - 12-24mm Sigma - 24-105mm Canon L - 18-200mm Sigma - 2x 580ex flash guns

O/confusion
Thread Killer
Joined Feb 2005
285 posts
Welland, Ontario, Canada
[MORE/SHARE]

monkey_wrench wrote:
I was given a Pentax MX 35mm today and i wondering is it worth anythin???

Not worth much cash-wise, but it's a damn fine camera--I've had mine since I bought it brand new in the '70s, and after all these years of considerable use it's still as reliable and sturdy as it was back then. (I think neil_r
used this camera for some time, too, if memory serves...))About five or so years ago I had the blackout foam replaced as it was beginning to disintegrate; I was debating whether or not it was worth it, but the technician who checked it out said that since the camera was in perfect mechanical condition (it didn't even need to have its shutter timing tuned) and was, in his opinion, one of the best-built 35mm manual cameras made, I'd be foolish to write it off.

Yours looks to be in excellent shape. It's a marvellous camera for learning to master the skills of photography; it's light, quite compact, and since the only battery-dependent feature is the light meter it is extremely dependable. It's often a popular chioce (with the K1000) for art students or those wanting to learn photography from the ground up. It should sell easily, but don't expect to make much off it.

Regards,

Terry

Post #3, Jun 17, 2005 20:06:28

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." —Harlan Ellison

LIST NEARBY THREADS
1,318 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pentax MX
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES