Second shoot, second model release?

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography
Thread started 23 Oct 2010 (Saturday) 19:26   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

CanbyOR
Hatchling
Joined Feb 2003
5 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I did a Halloween costume shoot a week ago and got a model release. She wants to do another shoot this week.
Questions:
Do I need a new model release?
Do I need a new model release every time?
What if I shoot the model over a period of several days?
How long of period of time between shoots before I need another release?

Post #1, Oct 23, 2010 19:26:22

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
photopat
Joined Jan 2010
565 posts
South Florida, USA
[MORE/SHARE]

It would be better to have another model release with the new date of the shoot.
If you plan a shooting over several days, just write on your release that this release cover these days.
As a general rule, try to have on each of your release: the date of the shoot and a description of the shoot.

Post #2, Oct 24, 2010 08:43:09

toys list

RDKirk
Cream of the Crop
Joined May 2004
11,579 posts
USA
[MORE/SHARE]

CanbyOR wrote in post #11152377external link
I did a Halloween costume shoot a week ago and got a model release. She wants to do another shoot this week.
Questions:
Do I need a new model release?
Do I need a new model release every time?
What if I shoot the model over a period of several days?
How long of period of time between shoots before I need another release?

The model release must identify the images it covers. That's the basic requirement.

In the majority of cases, this is nothing more than identifying the date of the session (yes, there are plenty of ways to screw around with this, but until some photographer does and some model makes a court case out of it, the mere date continues to suffice).

You can make a model release cover multiple sessions or multiple days...as long as you find an acceptable way to identify the images covered by the model release. If you do something different from the universally accepted single date for a single session, you probably need to find a way to include the images in the release. Putting them all on a CD may be a way.

Any time you stray from a court-proven method, be extra sure to cover your okole well.

Post #3, Oct 24, 2010 09:02:47

dalebmartin
Joined Jun 2010
73 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Depends on how you Model release is worded.

Post #4, Oct 24, 2010 09:12:23

Gripped Canon 7D,Canon 24-105mm F4 L, Canon 100 Macro IS L, 580EX II, Manfrotto 055CF, 70-200 2.8 Mk II L

TopHatMoments
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2010
1,173 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Just to be safe I create a PDF release with the photograph, for each that I will use. It's a legal PDF I fill in the blanks, model signs, whitness signs, I sign, any required signature, date, location all required info for each I wish to use. A bit of a pain but you can never CYA enough. They have a copy, I have a copy. It's a sheet of paper and some ink. That's just me, set up for me by a lawyer in that arena. His family had a nice portrait I had a legal doc. I update there Portrait, he updates my doc's.

Post #5, Oct 24, 2010 14:46:51

Canon to PhotoShop, “Beam me up”! LR3 set course for CS5, Warp speed 64!___ ((dpp___/==***^***

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
josh5k
Joined Feb 2009
297 posts
Bangalore, India
[MORE/SHARE]

TopHatMoments wrote in post #11156254external link
I update there Portrait, he updates my doc's.

Hear Hear !! I'm loving it :-)

Post #6, Oct 25, 2010 09:03:08

CameraLogy.Comexternal link MMayhemexternal link Twitterexternal link GEARG+external link
My Facebook Pageexternal link!!

LIST NEARBY THREADS
968 views & 0 likes for this thread
Second shoot, second model release?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES