Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > POTN Member Activities
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of October 2010 (Fri)   #1
Overtrim

Default Suggestions for taking photos on a tour of Israel

I will be spending a week touring Israel with a group. I am taking a Canon 7D, 24-105MM 1.4L and the two lenses that comes with the Canon 450 kit. Any suggestions?
Overtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 8th of November 2010 (Mon)   #2
jmalonear

Default Re: Suggestions for taking photos on a tour of Israel

Take LOTS of pics. I was there in May, and I loved it. With the 24-105 1.4, you should be able to capture about everything you want. I got most of my shots with a 24-70, wish I would have kept my 70-200 at home. I found myself shooting as a tourist, if I had it to do over I would shoot twice as many pictures. One set as a tourist and one set as a photographer (more artistic). My main purpose on the trip was to be the photographer to show images to our church when we got home.
jmalonear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th of January 2011 (Sun)   #3
ofafeather

Default Re: Suggestions for taking photos on a tour of Israel

I would love a 24-105 1.4! Unfortunately I only the f4 version Actually I just ordered it with the specific intent of taking it to Israel in June/July. Overtrim, when was/is your trip and if you went already, how was it?