Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > General Photography Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th of July 2010 (Mon)   #1
JoePhotoOnline
Member
 
JoePhotoOnline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central Valley, California
Posts: 915
Default Things I know now that I wish I knew then.

Just hit 800 posts, and I realize how far my photography has come in the last two years.

As I think about the last few years and everything I've learned, I realize how much time and money I have wasted to get where I am now.

So, for the beginners out there now, I'm going to start a list of things that I would have done differently now.

1) Start with a manual camera and 35mm film.

2) Buy good glass before new bodies.

3) A comfortable camera strap counts.

4) Shoot for compositional excellence before technical excellence.

5) Shoot tight, crop tighter.

6) The continuous drive can hurt more than it helps.

7) Megapixels DON'T matter.

8.) Mommy and Daddy will love every photo.

9) 90% of the internet is BS, the other 10% is hard to find, but worth it.

10) Prime lenses = Gold

11) Pro-Gear is not needed for Pro-Photos.

12) Beginners talk about cameras, Pros talk about lenses, and Master don't say a lot, but when they do, it's usually about light.


and many more.... Who wants to add?
__________________
www.JosephBPhotography.com
2x 1D Mk II, Sigmalux, Sig 12-24mm, 70-200mm 2.8L, 300mm 2.8L IS
Feedback: 1 2 3 4 5 eBay UserID: 1969fordtruckman
JoePhotoOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who knew? noopi Macro 3 10th of December 2009 (Thu) 01:11
PC builders...things you wish you knew Miyagi-san Computers 2 14th of October 2008 (Tue) 01:21
if I knew then.... nwyman Birds 6 11th of October 2007 (Thu) 11:38
I knew I used to ..... brettrobsonphotography People 4 29th of April 2007 (Sun) 00:00
Who knew that the 70-200 f/4 IS.... Marydoright Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 24 18th of April 2007 (Wed) 18:08


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This forum is not affiliated with Canon in any way and is run as a free user helpsite by Pekka Saarinen, Helsinki Finland. You will need to register in order to be able to post messages. Cookies are required for registering and posting. HTML in messages is not allowed, plain website addresses are automatically made active by the board.