Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Photo Sharing' section > People
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #16
umphotography
Cream of the Crop

Default Re: POST YOUR FASHION - EDITORIAL PICTURES HERE!!

I also so agree on this thread. Really get tired of sifting through the T&A to see what some of the guys are doing to light the models. This would be a great idea and probably help a lot of photographers. Wait till you see alejandro sandovals work.

here is my contribution

Facebook
umphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #17
Motofreak429

Last edited by Motofreak429 : 29th of September 2010 (Wed) at 12:26.
Motofreak429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #18
cr44

Moto, loved your bag shoot!
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #19
Motofreak429

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens pirate View Post
This is the only picture so far that is not a perfect fit for the current G&N.

I think the issue is where should someone post model pictures /fashion/ editorial when they don't yet have rights to G&N.

I fail to understand why the People section is not ok?
because i don't call my pictures Glamor nor are they nude. quit frankly i don't want to be categorized G&M cause its not the style i want to achieve (no offense to the G&N members) . Although i do have rights to it. Fashion photography TO ME! is one of the biggest industries in the photography world so maybe people talking about it can bring more knowledge than just who can have the best lighting on some T&A

G&N photography is WAY different than fashion editorial - photography and should be separated.
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #20
lens pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphotography View Post
class just began
Its clear you like this posters work. So do I. However that image would be well suited to G&N or People. I am still not clear why there needs to be a additonal section for a nebulous group of pictures that already fit into current catagories.

Where does this end? It think you mentioned getting tired of looking at T&A to get to pictures more to your liking. I have some sympathy for that.

I get really tired of countless really stupid looking "fashion" shots of average looking women and silly clothing in contrived situations just to see some really well executed nudes. Sometimes G&N looks like a CK ad. Its a cross I have to bear.

I think the forum would be better served by breaking off nudes altogether from Fashion/editorial/glamour/people.
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #21
Alejandro Sandoval
Goldmember

Quote:
Its clear you like this posters work. So do I. However that image would be well suited to G&N or People. I am still not clear why there needs to be a additonal section for a nebulous group of pictures that already fit into current catagories.

Where does this end? It think you mentioned getting tired of looking at T&A to get to pictures more to your liking. I have some sympathy for that.

I get really tired of countless really stupid looking "fashion" shots of average looking women and silly clothing in contrived situations just to see some really well executed nudes. Sometimes G&N looks like a CK ad. Its a cross I have to bear.

I think the forum would be better served by breaking off nudes altogether from Fashion/editorial/glamour/people.
I think you're over reacting a little bit....take a look to some work of th greates Photographers such as Helmut Newton, Irving Penn, they are a class Act, they are art masterpieces.

You can find fully covered Pictures and they are more offensive than what you are arguing...
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #22
Motofreak429

Quote:

maybe with this seperate section you wont have to look at this "stupid looking fashion shots" and i wont have to look at countless nudes with women who would probably look better with clothing on, and a bag over their face.

G&N = Glamor and Nude
People = Everyday people

you have a section for your nude photography. and others for their people photography.

fashion and editorial doesnt fit in either one. fashion - editorial isnt Nude nor is it glamour, and its just out of range of just your everyday people photography. Not everyone knows agencies.
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #23
lens pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro Sandoval View Post
I think you're over reacting a little bit....take a look to some work of th greates Photographers such as Helmut Newton, Irving Penn, they are a class Act, they are art masterpieces.

You can find fully covered Pictures and they are more offensive than what you are arguing...
Alejandro, just to be clear I am not re-acting to your image at all. I like it. I would love to print it and hang it on my wall. I am not the least bit prudish. My personal feeling is that nudes should be totally main streamed into photograpghy.

I am re-acting with just words and not a great deal of emotion to the notion that there needs to be yet another subsection of this forum for a class of images that fit nicely into current subsections.

I just disagree.

Instead I would rather see nudes broken off into a subsection and that community set standards for itself. That way if people don't want to see nudes they do not have to. Additionally people that like nude art would be able to post, enjoy and learn about it with out falling victim to entirely arbitrary prudishness. Sure seems like a more direct approach to the issue. IMHO
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #24
lens pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak429 View Post
maybe with this seperate section you wont have to look at this "stupid looking fashion shots" and i wont have to look at countless nudes with women who would probably look better with clothing on, and a bag over their face.

G&N = Glamor and Nude
People = Everyday people

you have a section for your nude photography. and others for their people photography.

fashion and editorial doesnt fit in either one. fashion - editorial isnt Nude nor is it glamour, and its just out of range of just your everyday people photography. Not everyone knows agencies.

I understand your point.
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #25
Alejandro Sandoval
Goldmember

Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #26
lens pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro Sandoval View Post
Nice!
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #27
Motofreak429

love your shots..

how do u like dripbook?

i have wix and i kind of dont like it
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #28
Alejandro Sandoval
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofreak429 View Post
love your shots..

how do u like dripbook?

i have wix and i kind of dont like it

I really like it but the price is what i really dislike..lol
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #29
umphotography
Cream of the Crop

Quote:

Instead I would rather see nudes broken off into a subsection and that community set standards for itself. That way if people don't want to see nudes they do not have to. Additionally people that like nude art would be able to post, enjoy and learn about it with out falling victim to entirely arbitrary prudishness. Sure seems like a more direct approach to the issue. IMHO
And i agree here 110%. I think the thing that bothers me the most is that you get someone to get a shot of a gal with a great set of hooters and everyone is like,,EWWWW,,Ahhh.. great shot. And the lighting is horrible, its a paper backdop and nothing else to it and you get 2 pages of OH WOW's.

i dont have a problem with the nudes at all. in fact dean capture has some outstanding work posted recently and the backlighting and lighting in general with his work is phenominal. And i understand that lighting nudes is an art in itself. But i think i prefer lighting like stephen eastwood and some of the other guys that are really really good do over the nudes shots. I think the fashion guys get away with far less when it comes to presenting thier work. Eastwoods work is some of the best out there. I think fashion requirs a little more work because the lighting is more critical and you dont have a naked body to draw your attention away from what photographers do.

just my .02 cents
Facebook
umphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th of September 2010 (Wed)   #30
ckalephoto

What I think people dont understand with Fashion Photography, is it's not always about the lighting or the model. With people and G&N, the focus is the person. With fashion, I think it can be more about the Idea. Look at Misha's work on here. It truly does not fit in either group. He now post more in lighting. There are several sites out there with beautiful Fashion photography. I know that if some of the shots were posted in the current thread's the people would get told how bad they are. Then you pick up an issue of Vouge and the shot is on the cover.

Rant off.

Gear 2)1Ds mark ii/EOS 1V/ 50 1.4/135L 2.0/24-105L 4.0/
ckalephoto is offline   Reply With Quote