GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 07 Oct 2010 (Thursday) 02:54   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

tim
Light Bringer
Joined Nov 2004
49,501 posts
Wellington, New Zealand
[MORE/SHARE]

Some USB cables are power only, I think, I had one recently that came with wireless headphones and worked fine for that but not for real data.

Post #31, Oct 09, 2010 15:43:40

NZIPP Qualified Professional wedding photographer.
Wellington Wedding Photographerexternal link ~ Camera and Lens Reviewsexternal link ~ Photographers Tech Supportexternal link
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
weka2000
Is that a 300mm in your pocket?
Joined Sep 2005
20,407 posts
Auckland
[MORE/SHARE]

dgcorner wrote in post #11062661external link
Tony, what did you get?

Toshiba P500 top end one.

Post #32, Oct 09, 2010 15:49:59

Sancho
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2007
2,767 posts
Christchurch, New Zealand
[MORE/SHARE]

Sorry to go to this subject again, but yes I am STILL looking, well I browse every 6 months it seems but the Golf started making some funny noises on my home on Friday so it may be time.

Is this any good? http://www.trademe.co.​nz ...Listing.aspx?id=296​598654external link

Want a decent fairly modern wagon but don't want to spend a huge amount with the quake and everything the excess's and additions to the house are going to take their toll over the next 12 - 24 months!

I struggle to find anything that 'feels' right that's not Euro but everyone in the know says to go Toyota. Will take a few for test drives today but it's good to know what to look out for and pro's and con's so i can look semi intelligent to the car salesman :)

Post #33, Oct 09, 2010 17:36:39

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nzexternal link | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nzexternal link

weka2000
Joined Sep 2005
20,407 posts
Auckland
[MORE/SHARE]

Isnt their a NZ car forum........ ask moppie he will know :)

Post #34, Oct 09, 2010 21:16:49 as a reply to Sancho's post 3 hours earlier.

Moppie
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Sep 2004
14,490 posts
Akarana, Aotearoa. (Kiwiland)
[MORE/SHARE]

weka2000 wrote in post #11066006external link
Isnt their a NZ car forum........ ask moppie he will know :)

He already did Tony, but via a different medium :p:p

Post #35, Oct 09, 2010 21:26:27

flickrexternal link

Have you Calibrated your Monkey lately?

sponsored links
dgcorner
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2005
4,722 posts
New Zealand
[MORE/SHARE]

Sancho wrote in post #11065269external link
Sorry to go to this subject again, but yes I am STILL looking, well I browse every 6 months it seems but the Golf started making some funny noises on my home on Friday so it may be time.

Is this any good? http://www.trademe.co.​nz ...Listing.aspx?id=296​598654external link

Want a decent fairly modern wagon but don't want to spend a huge amount with the quake and everything the excess's and additions to the house are going to take their toll over the next 12 - 24 months!

I struggle to find anything that 'feels' right that's not Euro but everyone in the know says to go Toyota. Will take a few for test drives today but it's good to know what to look out for and pro's and con's so i can look semi intelligent to the car salesman :)

Aaron and Sarah speak highly of their own Caldina. I was looking at the Avensis wagon as well when I thought I was going to end up as a contractor for the new job I got... But I got given this in black: http://www.suzuki.co.n​z .../Kizashi/Kizashi+2.​4+LTD/external link :D Awesome drive... and can't really complain - free car & petrol!

Post #36, Oct 09, 2010 22:22:39

John;)

Believe... Work hard... and it will happen!

My Gear

Sancho
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2007
2,767 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Nice John, well done! :)

Went out and took one for a drive goes very well, not 100% convinced but I just don't have the time, told them what I want and they came in damn close, I'll think about it for a day or two but may just go for it...

Post #37, Oct 09, 2010 23:18:53

Camera accessories? www.phototools.co.nzexternal link | Studio Lighting? www.studio-lighting.co.nzexternal link

weka2000
Joined Sep 2005
20,407 posts
Auckland
[MORE/SHARE]

Cars ..... I always stick with what I know I can fix :p

Post #38, Oct 10, 2010 01:34:52 as a reply to Sancho's post 2 hours earlier.

momentz
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2006
2,467 posts
Auckland, NZ
[MORE/SHARE]

Sancho wrote in post #11066546external link

Went out and took one for a drive goes very well, not 100% convinced but I just don't have the time, told them what I want and they came in damn close, I'll think about it for a day or two but may just go for it...

Do it :) The engines are bulletproof. The drivetrain is bulletproof. I would be upgrading mine to that model, except they don't come with roof rails, and auto/tippy only. Throw in a set of TRD or Tein springs for $500, and you can make it handle properly too.

BTW, do you have a recommendation for a microphone for the 5DII?

Post #39, Oct 10, 2010 01:41:33

Canon EOS
Eos is the Titanic goddess of the dawn, who rose from her home at the edge of Oceanus, the Ocean that surrounds the world, to herald her brother Helios, the sun.

Sancho
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2007
2,767 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

momentz wrote in post #11067053external link
Do it :) The engines are bulletproof. The drivetrain is bulletproof. I would be upgrading mine to that model, except they don't come with roof rails, and auto/tippy only. Throw in a set of TRD or Tein springs for $500, and you can make it handle properly too.

BTW, do you have a recommendation for a microphone for the 5DII?

Haha - Thanks :) Yeah I was pretty impressed with the wee test drive I took it for today, although that isn't the one I have had 'discussions' with. The one in the link is the one I want the one I drove doesn't have the TRD which is much nicer plus it has graphite instead of that blue trim interior.

After discussions we are at $9500 plus my GTI. Thats with them doing the cambelt. I will get a full AA check (they already have a full MTA one) but that doesn't have a compression test in it. I have to pay for that test but if I go through with purchase they will deduct it.

It was parked behind several other vehicles and I had limited time so havn't yet taken it out but will in the next few days. Now to hope my GTI behaves during trade in :|

Re: the mic, not a clue sorry, it's something I have on the 'to reserach' list as I get time. Have a few lights but no mics.

Post #40, Oct 10, 2010 02:16:28

manipula
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2007
5,290 posts
English Wookie in Wellington, NZ.
[MORE/SHARE]

You wanna look at the Rode video mic for the 5D2 Aaron. Sold a few to guys shooting with them and 7D's and good feedback. They also do a decently priced boom pole too...

Photo Warehouse are the main outlet down here (we bought ours from them on a deal and moved it on to the customer.)

Post #41, Oct 10, 2010 05:14:54

Cheers, Dave.
www.manipula.co.nzexternal link :: Gear list for the nerdsexternal link :: flickrexternal link :: ModelMayhemexternal link
:: insert scathing quip here! ::

sponsored links
manipula
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2007
5,290 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Some photos! Kinda went off the idea of uploading photos on here, seemed to me the style of the portraits I've been doing has gone down like a lead balloon with the POTN masses in general, but I thought I'd give the results (or some of them) from a recent fashion shoot a go.

Totally safe for work clicky

Some of you who have been following my Facebook page thingy (clicky)external link will perhaps be aware of quite how much work went on in the background for this, literally months of planning and prep. Totally stoked to see some hard work pay off! :)

Post #42, Oct 10, 2010 05:40:29

Cheers, Dave.
www.manipula.co.nzexternal link :: Gear list for the nerdsexternal link :: flickrexternal link :: ModelMayhemexternal link

dgcorner
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2005
4,722 posts
New Zealand
[MORE/SHARE]

Sancho wrote in post #11066546external link

Thanks Mark! Hope you get the model you want.

By the way, hope things have settled down for you. I was just in CCH visiting customers with my boss last Friday and people were still talking about the quake. One of my customers had a crane lifting it's warehouse because it tilted and was about to fall down. I think they are trying to get the machinery out before they condemn the plant/structure...

Post #43, Oct 11, 2010 00:28:36

John;)

My Gear

dgcorner
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2005
4,722 posts
New Zealand
[MORE/SHARE]

manipula wrote in post #11067618external link
Some photos! Kinda went off the idea of uploading photos on here, seemed to me the style of the portraits I've been doing has gone down like a lead balloon with the POTN masses in general, but I thought I'd give the results (or some of them) from a recent fashion shoot a go.

Totally safe for work clicky

Some of you who have been following my Facebook page thingy (clicky)external link will perhaps be aware of quite how much work went on in the background for this, literally months of planning and prep. Totally stoked to see some hard work pay off! :)

Good on ya D! I'm in Welly this Thursday but driving to Carterton in the afternoon :( It would have been good if we could catch up... maybe next time...

Post #44, Oct 11, 2010 00:29:59

John;)

My Gear

manipula
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2007
5,290 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

dgcorner wrote in post #11072907external link
Good on ya D! I'm in Welly this Thursday but driving to Carterton in the afternoon :( It would have been good if we could catch up... maybe next time...

Look forward to it John! :)

Post #45, Oct 11, 2010 01:28:41

Cheers, Dave.

LIST NEARBY THREADS
250,294 views & 2 likes for this thread
GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES