Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Other Rumors and Predictions
Thread started 05 Jan 2010 (Tuesday) 10:13
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

10 Things Not to Buy in 2010 (A P&S Digital for one)

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,013 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Nov 14, 2010 12:45 |  #16

jsboutin wrote in post #10753821external link
I've seen more and more slrs lately. To be honest, this is pretty bad news.

I welcome more DSLRs. Maybe then people will stop assuming anyone with one is automatically a terrorist or pervert. I'll still be able to take better pictures than a noob with a Rebel but I won't look as conspicuous doing it.

DStanic
Cream of the Crop
6,148 posts
Joined Oct 2007
Canada
Nov 23, 2010 12:36 |  #17

Stupid article.

DVDs- DUH! If you are going to buy a new movie to keep, get a Blu-ray. Unless it is an old movie of course- DVDs at Walmart can be under $5 sometimes! Cheaper then a rental...

Home telephone service- depends on the person. I could rely solely on facebook/email and my $10/month pay and go cell phone. Some people like to yip-yap for hours, for them a landline is likely the most economical solution over a cell phone.

External hard drives- backup online?? That might work for some people. There is a reason why hard drives come in 1-2+TB sizes, and they are dirt cheap too. Online backup is in it's infancy and I wouldn't trust it IMO.

Smartphone also-rans- kind of irrelevant in this article with the new iPods coming out all the time as well as the iPad.

Compact digital cameras- the part about "old technology".. what?? DSLRs use OLDER technology, just BETTER tech when it comes to the sensor and CPU etc. They obviously don't know what they are talking about. Also P&S are cheaper then ever. Nice ones now cost less then I paid for my first USED P&S years ago...

Newspaper subscriptions- personal opinion. Not everyone likes to read in front of a computer. I don't buy newspapers at all, waste of money. It's nice to think of people buying newspapers though to support the newspaper industry and keeping jobs.

CDs- duh... if anything buy vinyl!

New college textbooks.. duh

Gas-guzzling cars. Hybrids are too expensive. A gas guzzling Chev Impala will cost way less to buy it would take a hell of a long time for most Hybrids to make up the cost difference in fuel savings. Reason to buy a Hybrid is if you believe they save the environment, NOT to save money...

Energy-inefficient homes and appliances- duh...

Sony A6000, 16-50PZ, 55-210, 35mm 1.8 OSS
Canon 60D, 30D
Tamron 28-75 2.8, Tamron 17-35, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 85mm 1.8

7,509 views & 0 likes for this thread
10 Things Not to Buy in 2010 (A P&S Digital for one)
FORUMS News & Rumors Other Rumors and Predictions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.