Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 03 Dec 2010 (Friday) 03:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Tenba Messenger Bag

Jeff ­ Smith
102 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 03, 2010 03:19 |  #1

I just purchased the Tenba Messenger Bag from B&H and I really like it so far. I've been using a Lowepro Mini Trekker AW for a while now but I wanted a messenger style bag and from researching different ones this seemed to fit what I'm looking for. I am very pleased with the quality of this bag and once I put my equipment in it and threw it over my shoulder I'm very pleased with the comfort of it. I can't wait to take it out while shooting and see how comfortable it is to carry around. The shoulder pad is padded well and has a surface that has a rubber feel and allows it to stay in place on the shoulder. I like the zipper in the top of it that allows easy access to my camera without opening the whole flap and it has plenty of pockets and compartments for all my gear. It looks like I'm putting the Lowepro up for sale now.

Jeff
Canon 7D gripped | 70-200 2.8L IS | 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM | EFS 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM | 50mm 1.8 II | EFS 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM | EF 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM | Speedlite 580EX

sponsored links
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,073 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 03, 2010 06:30 |  #2

Congrats! I have one in green and it's very nice. I put my borrowed Hasselblad in it and all the gear. It fit most of what I use, but I could not get everything in it I normally take in my Domke F-802 without forcing some of the larger items in. So, I wasn't using it right. I use my UD40 instead if I need my laptop.

As for the comfort of the strap, I agree. It is definitely nice with the pad. The zipper on top was a nice touch, as it makes it easy to get to the camera.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, 7D2, SL1, G12, iPad Pro, iPhone 6P, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

Zigot
601 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 03, 2010 10:02 |  #3

Good to hear you like it.
Did you check out the Tamrac rally serie? ( messenger style just like the Tenba messenger )
I am looking to get one also and still deciding between those two: Tenba messenger large VS Tamrac Rally 7.

7D, 5Dii, 5Diii, 70-300L, 24-105L 70-200Lii, 135L, 85, Tammy 150-600, 430EXii, 550EX, 580EXii, Σ50, Σ105 Macro, Σ150 Macro, ΣEM-140, Σ1.4x, LensBaby 3G, White lightnings, Bowens. Gear - feedbacks

Jeff ­ Smith
THREAD ­ STARTER
102 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 03, 2010 13:17 |  #4

Zigot, I checked out the Tamrac but I chose the Tenba because the configuration suited my needs better. One main reason is because I don't carry a laptop around so I didn't really need the room for that. I like the Tamrac but the deciding factor was the zipper on the top that makes it easy to access my camera without lifting the whole flap to get to it. Just to be clear I bought the Messenger Medium bag.
http://www.tenba.com …er-Medium-Camera-Bag.aspx (external link)

Jeff
Canon 7D gripped | 70-200 2.8L IS | 100mm 2.8L Macro IS USM | EFS 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM | 50mm 1.8 II | EFS 17-85 4-5.6 IS USM | EF 70-300 4-5.6 IS USM | Speedlite 580EX

Mac
274 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 03, 2010 14:33 |  #5

I have looked at their messenger bags, I have the shootout backpack and toploader small and love them. When I get more serious about a messenger bag, I will be looking their way.

Sean
www.akamac.com (external link)

Jeff ­ Smith
THREAD ­ STARTER
102 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 03, 2010 20:19 |  #6

I looked at their backpack and really like them. I just wanted to switch to the messenger style and so far I'm happy with it.

Jeff

sponsored links

2,095 views & 0 likes for this thread
Tenba Messenger Bag
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.