Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch
Thread started 12 Nov 2010 (Friday) 12:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

STICKY: Of commecial vendor support, POTN and you

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Nov 12, 2010 12:32 |  #1

While we do not wish to stifle member comments regarding success or failure of business transactions with commercial businesses, please bear these simple points in mind:

• POTN does not exist to be used as a personal support forum for any corporate entity. For example, regarding Adorama purchases members should rely solely on Helen's publicly-available email address to contact her.
  • Members need to allow company representative a reasonable amount of time (which may be more than 48 hr.) to respond before they start champing at the bit. Again, having Adorama as an example: Helen is a real person, not a 24/7 corporate persona so instant reply is not likely to happen.
  • Future threads that do not honor above guidelines will be subject to deletion without notice.

If you want to start a thread about "my transaction with XYZ Company was a disappointment" after you have tried to resolve it with them, that's fine. But if you're just trying to make contact with a vendor, use email, not PMs or posts. And this in no way lifts any prohibitions on negative feedback on your POTN Marketplace transactions.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.4 Changelog (installed here now)

sponsored links
crn3371
Cream of the Crop
7,198 posts
Joined Mar 2005
SoCal, USA
Nov 12, 2010 14:19 |  #2

Thank you, Pekka. It's about time we had some guidelines to help curtail some of the rants we've been seeing.

Chris
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2006
Algonquin, IL
Nov 12, 2010 15:47 |  #3

I just shake my head at how impatient some folks are about getting problems resolved. B&H, Adorama, Beach Camera and many others have served this community very well.

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

la_ricecooker
219 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Pasadena, California
Nov 16, 2010 01:31 |  #4

Good post - excellent guidelines. I feel some people just love to whine and look for the soonest possible opportunity to whine. I hope this lightens up on the whining.

First three Canon 5Ds. Some lights (some really fancy ones too). Some glass (maybe a few too many but who's keeping track?). Some cool stamps on my passport.

ckckevin
Goldmember
1,439 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Bay Area
Nov 16, 2010 02:09 |  #5

people want things, they want things free. If it's free, they want it problem free. If it is problem free, they want it asap. Some people just want way too much and think that they are the center of the world.

Kevin life= learning
500D, Canon 10-22mm, Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 60 macro, Canon 85mm 1.8, Sigma 8mm 3.5, Sigma 30mm 1.4, Sigma 50-150mm 2.8, Kenko SP300 1.4x, efs extension tubes, 580EX, and lens that i don't like

bps
Cream of the Crop
7,604 posts
Joined Mar 2007
Rhode Island
Dec 26, 2010 22:37 |  #6

Excellent guidance Pekka! Thank you!!

Bryan

My Gear List

Thorrulz
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2009
The Land of the "Go Big Red!"
Dec 27, 2010 06:52 as a reply to bps's post |  #7

You mean you won't tolerate anymore "Hey I ordered something an hour ago and I haven't received it yet" rants? Or "I don't care how many customers they do business with everyday, this is ME we're talking about and I want instant satisfaction".;)

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

sponsored links

7,692 views & 1 like for this thread
Of commecial vendor support, POTN and you
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.