Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 07 Jul 2004 (Wednesday) 19:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show me your camera bag

Indecent ­ Exposure
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 14, 2011 12:46 |  #3361

jacobsen1 wrote in post #11841060 (external link)
^ your sigma is mislabeled? :p

He has the rarely seen 24mm zoom prime by Sigma.

- James -
www.feedthewant.com (external link)
500px (external link)
Gear List and Feedback

sponsored links
MPCman
855 posts
Joined May 2008

Feb 14, 2011 13:44 |  #3362

If a lens would have an infinite zoom range, would you be able to zoom so far out that you will end up at the same focal length eventually?

7D, EOS-M, 100-400 L, 15-85, Tokina 11-16 2.8, EF-M 11-22, 55-200

Anders ­ Östberg
Goldmember
3,395 posts
Joined Nov 2003

Feb 14, 2011 13:46 |  #3363

MPCman wrote in post #11841887 (external link)
If a lens would have an infinite zoom range, would you be able to zoom so far out that you will end up at the same focal length eventually?

I think what happens just before that is that you will take pictures of the back of your head.

Anders Östberg - Mostly Canon gear - My photos (external link)

GMCPhotographics
Goldmember
2,339 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 14, 2011 14:07 |  #3364

Opps...yarp it's a Siggi 12-24!

Regards, Gareth Cooper
"If you’re happy and honest and fulfilled in what you do, then you’re having a successful life" (Ben Elton)
Gear List Flickr (external link)

mizouse
888 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 14, 2011 23:36 |  #3365

do you guys think for travel one of those think tank airport bags would be better or a pelican 1514?

Canon EOS-1D Mark II N | Sony Alpha NEX-6 | Canon EOS 5D | Canon EOS 6D | Canon EOS 6D Mark II | EF 70-200mm 1:2.8 L USM | EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L USM | EF 17-40mm 1:4 L USM | EF 50mm 1:1.8 STM | EF 40mm 1:2.8 STM | EF 35mm 1:2 IS USM | EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM | 580EX II

JustinLawrence
Goldmember
2,497 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 15, 2011 00:37 |  #3366

mizouse wrote in post #11845497 (external link)
do you guys think for travel one of those think tank airport bags would be better or a pelican 1514?

Think Tank if youre planning on bringing it on board, otherwise the pelican for check-in baggage.

Justin

Gear List

Drunken ­ Jedi
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2011

Feb 15, 2011 06:00 |  #3367

Hi, I came across a foam padding from one of those camera bags maker while I was searching for a camera bag online a few weeks ago. Now, I can't seem to find which maker it is from. The foam padding is kinda white/greyish if I recall correctly. The cost of it is around $20 for the foam padding, that means they only sell the foam padding like what you get in a Crumpler camera bag. Do you guys know anything about it?

It is something like this http://www.zimbale.com …=AA000000&displ​ay_group=1 (external link) but only cheaper. If I'm not mistaken, it is a USA company.

silvrr
Goldmember
2,732 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Feb 2007

Feb 15, 2011 07:57 |  #3368

Drunken Jedi wrote in post #11846401 (external link)
Hi, I came across a foam padding from one of those camera bags maker while I was searching for a camera bag online a few weeks ago. Now, I can't seem to find which maker it is from. The foam padding is kinda white/greyish if I recall correctly. The cost of it is around $20 for the foam padding, that means they only sell the foam padding like what you get in a Crumpler camera bag. Do you guys know anything about it?

It is something like this http://www.zimbale.com …=AA000000&displ​ay_group=1 (external link) but only cheaper. If I'm not mistaken, it is a USA company.

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …ro_Digital_2_0_​Photo.html (external link)

Canon 6D l 24-70 f/4L l 100L l 430EX l 430EX II l Kenko Extension Tubes l Sigma 50 Art
flickr (external link) FeedBack

scubthebub
894 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 15, 2011 10:25 |  #3369

GMCPhotographics wrote in post #11840929 (external link)
Lowpro prorunner 450 AW:

A stunningly usefull and capacious bag!

It looks like it fits more than their website leads you to believe. How is this for walking around/hiking? Are the straps comfortable and how is the back ventilation? Their bag chooser also suggested the Pro Trekker 300 AW which is more expensive but has less interior space.

Does anyone have experience hiking with the Pro Trekker series and is it worth the extra money?

You can also call me Matt
|| 5Dc+Grip | 20D || 24-105
L | 50 f/1.8 II | Tamron 28-300 f/3.5-6.3 <-Crap on FF |
| 550EX | Yongnuo RF 602 triggers | Aperture 3 | Lowepro Pro Trekker 300 AW |

Flickr (external link) | Redbubble (external link)

Savas ­ K
Goldmember
1,425 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 15, 2011 17:06 |  #3370

GMCPhotographics wrote in post #11840929 (external link)
Lowpro prorunner 450 AW:

A stunningly usefull and capacious bag!

Filters properly stores in hard cases for protection do take up some space!

ocabj
Goldmember
1,120 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Feb 15, 2011 17:39 |  #3371

mizouse wrote in post #11845497 (external link)

I sold my 1510 variant (StudioCruzer) for the Airport International v2. The internal capacity of the Airport Intl seems to be better than the 1510. I can pack more inside, specifically all the cables and accessories I tend to find some use for (e.g. pc sync cords, mono sync cords, usb cables, etc).

The wheels are far better than the Pelican, too.

Jonathan Ocab - https://www.ocabj.net (external link) - http://jocabphoto.com (external link)

Indecent ­ Exposure
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 15, 2011 17:55 |  #3372

scubthebub wrote in post #11847532 (external link)
Does anyone have experience hiking with the Pro Trekker series and is it worth the extra money?

I have the 300 and after owning several LowePro bags I can honestly say the Pro Trekker is the most solidly built and well-designed of them.

It's heavy, to be sure, but it's quality. And the strap system is ingenious for customizing the harness and making that weight more comfortable.

If you hike and you're considering LowePro the Pro Trekker has to be on the top of that list.

Now I just need to find a good 70 oz. bladder...

- James -
www.feedthewant.com (external link)
500px (external link)
Gear List and Feedback

Csae
Goldmember
3,350 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Feb 16, 2011 05:21 |  #3373

I don't think i've posted my bag here yet....

IMAGE: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/232/3/8/Packing_by_SaintCase.jpg

I was packing for a camping/landscape trip and decided the flashes weren't worth it alone in the woods.... Now what could make sunset shooting more enjoyable.. Hmmm.

Feel free to call me Case.
CasePhoto.ca (external link) - FanPage (external link)
-Montreal based Photography.

GMCPhotographics
Goldmember
2,339 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 16, 2011 07:17 |  #3374

Savas K wrote in post #11850023 (external link)
Filters properly stores in hard cases for protection do take up some space!

They sure do! If the weather is good, I pop them (in their cases) in the big compartment in the outer shell. But if it's wet or snowy, when I open the case dampness slowly creeps into the contents of the outer pocket when the bag is opened. So the filters now take a space of one lens slot instead. It keeps them drier and more organised. The outer pocket is great for things like remote cables, sweaters, scarfs ect.

It's a really comfortable back pack to wear. It's a lot more balanced than my Lowepro Vertex 300 aw, which seems to pull my balance backwards. This bag is better proportioned and the harness is a lot more comfortable.

Alledgedly, this bag can take a 400/2.8 as well as other gear. I'd like to try that out!

Regards, Gareth Cooper
"If you’re happy and honest and fulfilled in what you do, then you’re having a successful life" (Ben Elton)
Gear List Flickr (external link)

jacobsen1
Cream of the Crop
9,629 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Feb 16, 2011 08:05 |  #3375

Csae wrote in post #11853209 (external link)
I was packing for a camping/landscape trip and decided the flashes weren't worth it alone in the woods.... Now what could make sunset shooting more enjoyable.. Hmmm.

epic! :lol:

I've been known to substitute beers for lenses, but you've taken it to another level!

My Gear List

my sites:
benjacobsenphoto.com (external link) | newschoolofphotography​.com (external link)
GND buyers FAQ

FOR SALE: 5Dii RRS L-bracket, 430II, 12mm macro tube PM ME!

sponsored links

4,296,987 views & 257 likes for this thread
Show me your camera bag
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.