Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Still Life, B/W & Experimental Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th of April 2011 (Thu)   #1
pickupman92

Default software to capture stop motion?

EDIT: I just realized this would probably be called time lapse... do'h, but any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure sure what to call it or even what term to search for but I'll try and describe my problem.

I'm going on a cruise in a month and we were lucky enough to get a cabin with a couple portholes in it. I want to hook up my little point and shoot camera to a tripod and my computer and have it take a photo every 5-10 minutes looking out the port hole.

What software is recommended for doing things such as this?

btw the point and shoot is my SD400 (little 5mpx dude)

pickupman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 15th of April 2011 (Fri)   #2
the jimmy

Default Re: software to capture stop motion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupman92 View Post
EDIT: I just realized this would probably be called time lapse... do'h, but any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure sure what to call it or even what term to search for but I'll try and describe my problem.

I'm going on a cruise in a month and we were lucky enough to get a cabin with a couple portholes in it. I want to hook up my little point and shoot camera to a tripod and my computer and have it take a photo every 5-10 minutes looking out the port hole.

What software is recommended for doing things such as this?

btw the point and shoot is my SD400 (little 5mpx dude)
Is your goal to take the photo's during the entire trip (thru the port hole),
or something else. Every 5-10 minutes is a long interval to have any kind of fluid motion unless your taking pictures of a very slow event.

I've used CHDK on my A540 (6MP) and have had great results.

Here is a site that is a good start to time lapse photography.

CHDK is available for your SD400 HERE

If your not familar with CHDK go HERE
the jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th of April 2011 (Fri)   #3
pickupman92

My goal is to take a pic every 5 min through the port hole, yet.

Jimmy... that's exactly what I need. I see it has a setting for interval. Thank you very much!

pickupman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 20th of April 2011 (Wed)   #4
the jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupman92 View Post
My goal is to take a pic every 5 min through the port hole, yet.

Jimmy... that's exactly what I need. I see it has a setting for interval. Thank you very much!
Welcome, let's see your results when you have some...
the jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote