Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > Exhibit Engine > EE 2 Bugs
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th of May 2011 (Sun)   #1
UweB

Default Broken Gallery after upgrade to 2.04 (solved)

Hello, i upgraded my gallery editor from version 2.02 to 2.04 a couple of days ago... i made a backup of the DB just in case it's needed.

Now my indexpage looks funny and all links are broken. I can see the whole menu structure on the left top and no clicks work...

I tried this with 3 browsers, Firefox 3.6, Seamonkey 1.8 and IE 8 and they all show the same results.

How can i get back a working gallery?

----

Well, i changed the header.php from 2.04 back to the old version... as to why this new file causes me trouble i do not know.
I own some great analog equiment from Canon like the Cameras F-1N, A-1 and a range of lenses from 14mm to 300mm plus some accessories. Photography for me is fun and pleasure but also a sometimes difficult creative process.
Please view here: http://www.borck.ch/gallery

Last edited by UweB : 2nd of June 2011 (Thu) at 07:52.
UweB is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 31st of May 2011 (Tue)   #2
UweB

Default Re: Broken Gallery after upgrade to 2.04

Yeah well, my question is still how to revert the gallery installation to version 2.02 of which i have a DB backup or to version 2.04 which was confirmed after the upgrade.

There is a layer of links above all pages and clicks through it are not possible...

Any advise for me?

I own some great analog equiment from Canon like the Cameras F-1N, A-1 and a range of lenses from 14mm to 300mm plus some accessories. Photography for me is fun and pleasure but also a sometimes difficult creative process.
Old 2nd of June 2011 (Thu)   #3
MMCM

You didn't do a file system backup of your web site before the upgrade, which you can restore now?
I somewhere have a self-made diff-file of the changes in 2.04, you could try to reverse apply it to your site to revert the changes?

Edit: maybe you selected "multi area navigation" for "Clicking a big photo gets you" on the photo page settings?

Last edited by MMCM : 2nd of June 2011 (Thu) at 14:45.
MMCM is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 4th of June 2011 (Sat)   #4
UweB

Hello MMCM

yes i have multiarea navigation active. No i did not think about a file system backup...

But as i've found out, it was the header file which caused this. A visible layer of the menu structure over all pages. I now reverted back to the header file of the 2.02 version and all seems well... on the outside. I do not now enough about PHP for an explanation... the 2 files look very different.

The only thing is wrong security settings on the filestructure. I do not know what would be the default. Ithink 777 for the temp and upload folder and 755 on the rest.... i'm not sure.