Exporting from Lightroom - Losing Detail/Quality?

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 13 Jun 2011 (Monday) 02:00   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

JAM13
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined May 2011
574 posts
Gold Coast, Australia
[MORE/SHARE]

Thanks a lot for the help guys really appreciate it! It seems i've kept it a little sharper than normal so i'm content :).

Post #16, Jun 13, 2011 22:24:12

Landscape, travel and adventure photography -- - - - > www.jamesmcgregorphoto​s.comexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
cvt01
Joined Jan 2008
434 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

nathancarter wrote in post #12587037external link
I went through this a couple of weeks ago:
http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​043618

In short, the problem is that Chrome is not color-managed, and makes a lousy guess at displaying the colors and tones in sRGB images created by Lightroom. It seems to display some sRGB images properly, but not all.

My solution (if you can call it that) was to switch back to Firefox.

Wow, you are right, I wish FF would be as fast as Chrome on my computer...

Post #17, Jun 14, 2011 10:19:11

Peter

Gear: 1Ds I, 1Ds II, Rokinon 14, 35L, 50L, Helios 85, 135L,

RedSloth
Joined Mar 2012
394 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

René Damkot wrote in post #12584297external link
Export settings are fine.

Compare the images in LR and whatever other viewer you are using at 100%. They should be identical then. (Actually, the exported version will be sharper, since you set output sharpening "high")

Every software uses a different algorithm to downsize to fit the screen. Some do a good job, some not. If you compare the images at "fit window" size, what you see is not what you've got.

Thanks very much - this solved the problem that was driving me nuts. Turns out my default Windows 7 viewer for JPEG ("Windows Photo Viewer") very poorly displays my exported images. When my exported JPEGs are then imported into LR they look great.

Appreciate your post.

Post #18, Mar 24, 2012 09:02:30

Cheers
RedSloth
5D Mark III, 60D, 16-35L, 24-70L II, 70-200 2.8L II, 85L II, 10-22, 17-55 and a couple of speedlights

LIST NEARBY THREADS
9,335 views & 0 likes for this thread
Exporting from Lightroom - Losing Detail/Quality?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES