Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 13 Jun 2011 (Monday) 02:00
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Exporting from Lightroom - Losing Detail/Quality?

JAM13
THREAD ­ STARTER
574 posts

Joined May 2011

Gold Coast, Australia
MORE INFO

Thanks a lot for the help guys really appreciate it! It seems i've kept it a little sharper than normal so i'm content :).

Jun 13, 2011 22:24

Landscape, travel and adventure photography -- - - - > www.jamesmcgregorphoto​s.comexternal link

cvt01
446 posts
GALLERY: 2 photos

Joined Jan 2008
MORE INFO

nathancarter wrote in post #12587037external link
I went through this a couple of weeks ago:
http://photography-on-the.net .../showthread.php?t=1​043618

In short, the problem is that Chrome is not color-managed, and makes a lousy guess at displaying the colors and tones in sRGB images created by Lightroom. It seems to display some sRGB images properly, but not all.

My solution (if you can call it that) was to switch back to Firefox.

Wow, you are right, I wish FF would be as fast as Chrome on my computer...

Jun 14, 2011 10:19

Peter
flickrexternal link
1Ds I, 1Ds II, Rokinon 14, Helios 85, Canon 35L, 50L, 135L,
Sony A7, Olympus Zuiko 28 f2, Minolta MD 35 f2.8, Konica 40 f1.8, Konica 50 f1.7, Minolta 50 1.7, Canon FD 55 1.2 S.S.C

RedSloth
394 posts
Joined Mar 2012
MORE INFO

René Damkot wrote in post #12584297external link
Export settings are fine.

Compare the images in LR and whatever other viewer you are using at 100%. They should be identical then. (Actually, the exported version will be sharper, since you set output sharpening "high")

Every software uses a different algorithm to downsize to fit the screen. Some do a good job, some not. If you compare the images at "fit window" size, what you see is not what you've got.

Thanks very much - this solved the problem that was driving me nuts. Turns out my default Windows 7 viewer for JPEG ("Windows Photo Viewer") very poorly displays my exported images. When my exported JPEGs are then imported into LR they look great.

Appreciate your post.

Mar 24, 2012 09:02

Cheers
RedSloth
5D Mark III, 60D, 16-35L, 24-70L II, 70-200 2.8L II, 85L II, 10-22, 17-55 and a couple of speedlights

m4rtin
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2015
MORE INFO

Hello,

Which software is the best photo viewer in your opinion? After export from Lightroom.

Feb 18, 2015 02:15 as a reply to RedSloth's post over 2 years earlier.

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
12,875 posts

Joined Apr 2005

Gesher Haziv, Israel
MORE INFO

http://www.faststone.o​rg/FSViewerDetail.htmexternal link

Feb 18, 2015 06:50

Elie / אלי

11,387 views & 0 likes for this thread
Exporting from Lightroom - Losing Detail/Quality?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO THE FORUMS
Registered members get all the features: search, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, own reviews...

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: By using this site you agree that some cookies will be stored on your browser. For unlogged users we store one session id cookie. For registered members we store (in addition to login session cookie) only cookies that are essential for required functionality. We do not store any personal tracking data in cookies or other browsers' data storage methods.