Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Talk About Photography > Motorsports Talk
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th of August 2011 (Wed)   #1
OC Zoom

Default Blimp Hangar Shoot

I need ideas on how to take some photos in a blimp hangar. My car club (West Coast Challengers) has obtained permission to use an old abandoned blimp hangar for a photo shoot. We will have about four hours, ten to fifteen cars and lots of cameras.
The hangar is in Tustin, CA and was used during WWII to house blimps or deregibles. It is 17 stories tall, 300 feet wide, 1,000 feet long and has 6.8 acres under one roof, no pillars. I will be shooting with my 5D MkII and have a variety of lenses. I have a tri pod and light stands and three flash units. I just need ideas on how to place the cars in a group, individually, some group shots with owners, some single car shots with owners.
There are numerous sky lights to give a fair amount of light.

5D Mark II 24-105 f/4 L I 16-35 f/2.8 L I 70-200 f/4 L I 135 f/2 L I 400D I 18-55 I 10-22 I 17-55 f / 2.8 IS I 1.4x TC, Star-D tri-pod
OC Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member