FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk
Thread started 17 Aug 2011 (Wednesday) 13:17   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

OC ­ Zoom
Joined May 2007
357 posts
Newport Beach, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

I need ideas on how to take some photos in a blimp hangar. My car club (West Coast Challengers) has obtained permission to use an old abandoned blimp hangar for a photo shoot. We will have about four hours, ten to fifteen cars and lots of cameras.
The hangar is in Tustin, CA and was used during WWII to house blimps or deregibles. It is 17 stories tall, 300 feet wide, 1,000 feet long and has 6.8 acres under one roof, no pillars. I will be shooting with my 5D MkII and have a variety of lenses. I have a tri pod and light stands and three flash units. I just need ideas on how to place the cars in a group, individually, some group shots with owners, some single car shots with owners.
There are numerous sky lights to give a fair amount of light.

Post #1, Aug 17, 2011 13:17:47

Gear List

5D Mark II 24-105 f/4 L I 16-35 f/2.8 L I 70-200 f/4 L I 135 f/2 [COLOR=red]L I 400D I 18-55 I 10-22 I 17-55 f / 2.8 IS I 1.4x TC, Star-D tri-pod

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LIST NEARBY THREADS
462 views & 0 likes for this thread
Blimp Hangar Shoot
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES