Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 26 Oct 2011 (Wednesday) 21:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Quick question 5DII & 1DIII

RLipp69
Joined May 2006
Oct 26, 2011 21:32 |  #1

Quick question Does the 5DII have the same High ISO performance as the 1DIII? I do alot of concert photography and looking for a new camera and use my 40D as a backup. Should i wait for the 5DIII? :confused:

Canon 5DMKIII, 40D,EF 70-200 F/2.8L IS II,24-70 F/2.8L,35mmF/1.4[COLOR=red]L, EFS-580EXll.Pcket wizzard mini & Flex,Bees and beauty dish

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,884 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Sacramento, CA
Oct 26, 2011 21:44 |  #2

I would think that the 5D2 has better high ISO performance than the 1d3... But Ive never had both to compare. in general a full frame sensor will always perform better at high ISO than a similarly aged non-full frame sensor body.

[Gear List | Flickrexternal link | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protectionexternal link /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007
Probably Chasing Aircraft
Oct 26, 2011 21:50 |  #3

Judging by what I can squeeze out of my MkIII Vs what I've seen others pull off with the 5DMlII, the high ISO nod has to go to the 5D.

Jay
Crosswind Imagesexternal link
Facebook Fan Pageexternal link

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

yuribox
257 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Oct 26, 2011 21:53 |  #4

I would say my 5DII is about half stop better than MKIII.

1Ds IR, 5DIII, 1DIII, 17-40, 24-105, 70-200, TS-E24, 40, 50, 85, 100, MP-E65

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007
Probably Chasing Aircraft
Oct 26, 2011 21:54 |  #5

I'd give it a full stop...

Jay
Crosswind Imagesexternal link
Facebook Fan Pageexternal link

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

428 views & 0 likes for this thread
Quick question 5DII & 1DIII
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.