Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > Digital Video
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: 'PRO' video or SLR body which can shoot video?
Go with the dedicated video system 6 31.58%
Go with the SLR which can shoot video 9 47.37%
Not sure 1 5.26%
I just wanted to vote in a poll 5 26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th of November 2011 (Sun)   #1
S.Horton
dǝǝɥs ɐ ʎq pǝʞuɐds

Default SLR with vid or 'PRO' video system?

I own a lot of L glass and three SLRs. I do not own an SLR body which can shoot video, yet.

Now that my son and nephew have hit a certain age, that needs to change, as video, not stills, are dominate forms for recruiting packages.

The primary sports are Ice Hockey and Lacrosse. The LAX may be at night. Hockey is indoors in non NCAA lighting. LAX is both HS and NCAA.

I think my choices are putting another SLR body in play which can shoot video, or a 'pro' entry level video solution.

So, I would like to hear from members who have experience with both systems, or who fully evaluated both systems and made a choice.

For this thread, think of a budget under $5k

If you suggest a 'pro' video solution pls be pretty specific. When I say 'pro' I think of this link as the starting point http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Pr...3/N/4256818817

Thx in advance, gang.

Last edited by S.Horton : 20th of November 2011 (Sun) at 19:24.
S.Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member