Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > RAW, Post Processing and Printing
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th of September 2011 (Tue)   #886
andylo

Default Re: -=FlexNR=- Noise Removal Action for 1D MarkIII (now available! )

Yes I did just that. I will see if I can screen shot my directory structure for you tonight.

Canon 1DX/1DMKIII :: Canon 8-15mm f/4 L :: Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L :: Canon 17-40mm f/4L :: Canon 100mm IS f/2.8L :: Canon 70-200mm IS f/2.8L MKII :: Canon 50mm f/1.2L :: Tripodo GX-1227 carbon tripod :: Manfrotto Monopod
andylo is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 27th of September 2011 (Tue)   #887
KENB

ANDYLO. No need. Your suggestion was a success. I now have FlexNR running on the ver 7 of neat image. Thank you for the idea.

kenbrown.smugmug.com
KENB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of September 2011 (Tue)   #888
andylo

Good on you mate.

I wish this thread can be more active, as I have mixed result to my photo and I am sure I have done something wrong

Canon 1DX/1DMKIII :: Canon 8-15mm f/4 L :: Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L :: Canon 17-40mm f/4L :: Canon 100mm IS f/2.8L :: Canon 70-200mm IS f/2.8L MKII :: Canon 50mm f/1.2L :: Tripodo GX-1227 carbon tripod :: Manfrotto Monopod
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 21st of December 2011 (Wed)   #889
TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop

Any plane to make FlexNR to work with 5dmarkII? I tried it on the 5dmarkII files. I am getting mixed results. It works but not as clean.
Old 30th of June 2012 (Sat)   #890
NotASpeckOfCereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyShots View Post
Any plane to make FlexNR to work with 5dmarkII? I tried it on the 5dmarkII files. I am getting mixed results. It works but not as clean.
Is this still available?
Old 30th of June 2012 (Sat)   #891
tonylong
do I really have to respond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotASpeckOfCereal View Post
Is this still available?
Not sure what you mean by "still available" -- have you gone to Pixmantra's website and checked? Pixmantra hasn't been very active here on POTN -- he did a flurry of posts last March, but not since. But if you are asking about the actual software, I imagine it's still available from him.

If you are asking about an update for cameras other than the !D3, well I haven't seen anything. I'd say if you want to use the software on another camera, the best approach would be to test your own modifications and find what works the best!
Wildlife project pics here, Biking Photog shoots here, "Suburbia" project here! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here
tonylong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th of July 2012 (Mon)   #892
NotASpeckOfCereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylong View Post
Not sure what you mean by "still available" -- have you gone to Pixmantra's website and checked? Pixmantra hasn't been very active here on POTN -- he did a flurry of posts last March, but not since. But if you are asking about the actual software, I imagine it's still available from him.

If you are asking about an update for cameras other than the !D3, well I haven't seen anything. I'd say if you want to use the software on another camera, the best approach would be to test your own modifications and find what works the best!
No I'm not asking about an update for other cameras. If I had meant that I would have asked

By still available I mean can it still be bought? Can one still purchase it? If I send the money to the PayPal address will I receive anything in return? Your inbox is full so I don't know if you are still alive or still sending out actions?

Yes - duh - I've been to his website and there is nothing there about the action.

No response to emails or PMs hence the question on here - but thanks for not really helping at all......
Old 6th of September 2012 (Thu)   #893
afkuang

After installing CS6, I am finding troubles with running the program. Could anyone perhaps list the steps necessary? I have gotten it to run; however, there seems to be little to no change in NR between the finalized image and the source image. Any help at all would be appreciated; thank you!

===============================================EDI T==============================================

It seems, actually, that after trying it with ZB/RIT the noise reduction seems more prominent than before. Just to be sure, I decided to provide my workflow to see if there's anything that could be improved upon.

1. Open up ZoomBrowser and select an image.
2. RIT: Edit -> Process RAW Images.
3. In RIT, all I do is set Sharpness down to 0 and do any necessary EC. <--- Is there anything else I should be doing in RIT such as changing Color Saturation/Color Tone/Contrast?
4. Save the file with the settings of: TIFF(16bit/ch), Compression Ratio 2, Resolution 180 ppi. <--- Are these the correct settings for optimal results?
5. Open in CS6 and click the necessary FlexNR action (listed under RAW Camera Engine ZB/RIT).

Sometimes, I'll have errors saying certain commands could not be done such as Duplicate, Expand, etc. I've read somewhere in this thread that some images, when there is a lack of contrast or something, are unable to call upon "Expand" and it should just be ignored? It seems that sometimes my final image ends up getting screwed up and turning all black/white with heavy contrast. If I go to the previous step, everything seems fine, but for some reason the Final Image sometimes gets messed up for me. I'll try to provide pictures to show what I mean.

Last edited by afkuang : 6th of September 2012 (Thu) at 18:26.
afkuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th of January 2013 (Sun)   #894
Noriean

I use DPP. After loading my .cr2 into DPP and applying your supplied Picture Style (.pf2), when I go to save/convert- do I save as .jpg/8-bit tiff/or 16-bit tiff?
Noriean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th of January 2013 (Mon)   #895
andylo

I am not sure about DPP. But in lightroom I convert it to 16 bit tiff and use Pro RGB colour space

Old 20th of May 2013 (Mon)   #896
Sep9000

has this been developed for other DSLRs other than the 1Dmk3?
Old 21st of May 2013 (Tue)   #897
tonylong
do I really have to respond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep9000 View Post
has this been developed for other DSLRs other than the 1Dmk3?
We haven't heard back from the OP about any upgrades...
Wildlife project pics here, Biking Photog shoots here, "Suburbia" project here! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here
tonylong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th of August 2013 (Mon)   #898
cupids rose

Hi, everybody, I am a new friend.
cupids rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th of December 2013 (Fri)   #899
puum

Does anyone know if this is still available? I have emailed the address for PIXMantra and sent him PMs but have received no response. I would love to purchase this but don't want to send money if, in fact, it's not even being responded to any more. As near as I can find, there's no activity that I can find from PIX in the past couple years anywhere.

If it's not available, how can I get it? I just bought a 1D3 and would love to use this to expand its capabilities at High ISO.
puum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th of April 2014 (Tue)   #900
Alucardis666

This is so amazingly awesome! Thank you so much for sharing
Flickr
Alucardis666 is offline   Reply With Quote