Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Equipment Talk' section > Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #46
Hardcore
Goldmember

Default Re: Canon 60D Users, Unite! (3)

Yes, great shots Johan! How are you liking your lee filter set? Finally broke down and picked one up.
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #47
todmac

I was thinking since we are closing in on the end of the year that everyone should post the top 3 pictures that they took this year. They could be but don't have to be your best, maybe just the top 3 that mean the most to you. For the folks who just got their 60D's maybe we say at least one of the three has to be a 60D shot? What do you guys and gals think? If you like the idea should we start it now or just post on Saturday the 31st? Let me hear from ya.
todd
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #48
RSMarco

This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #49
Hardcore
Goldmember

As always, great shot Marco! Want to do a house swap? You can come to northern saskatchewan, Canada and live in my house and I'll live in your house for a while okay?

I like that Idea Todmac. I'd say just do it!
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #50
RSMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
As always, great shot Marco! Want to do a house swap? You can come to northern saskatchewan, Canada and live in my house and I'll live in your house for a while okay?
Thanks for the comment mate..!

I'd love to visit Canada as I really like the landscape, plus i'm a keen mountain biker and snowboarder.

Some very nice images on your site mate..!

Mark

Last edited by RSMarco : 29th of December 2011 (Thu) at 09:05.
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #51
nrowensby
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by todmac View Post
I was thinking since we are closing in on the end of the year that everyone should post the top 3 pictures that they took this year. They could be but don't have to be your best, maybe just the top 3 that mean the most to you. For the folks who just got their 60D's maybe we say at least one of the three has to be a 60D shot? What do you guys and gals think? If you like the idea should we start it now or just post on Saturday the 31st? Let me hear from ya.

todd
I think this is a great idea... As for when to start? How about Jan 1 -- Maybe someone could start a new thread?

Last edited by nrowensby : 29th of December 2011 (Thu) at 09:22.
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #52
Rivest
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguyhomer View Post
My brother's just made me a lightbox, I just snapped this last night to try it out. Any tips for using / setting light boxes up would be welcome.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...tled-1-7-2.jpg
If you want some help, you should post your setup shot. But by looking at the result, you need more light! You white isn't bright enough that's why the picture doesn't ''pop''. Also your bottle is turned a bit to the right

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBY View Post
I do not know where this came from
I had a few drinks last night and had my camera out to take some shots off our hotel balcony as it was a nice view. I woke up and checked to see if anything was actually decent and this was the last shot on the camera.

And Magnetic Island
That's a very great shot, love the big cloud that is hovering over it. I don't know this island, does it has a story to go along with it's name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
David, can we have a link to the old threads in your first post, just to make it easier to find them for reference?
I added the second thread's link, but somehow the first thread has been lost in the internets

Quote:
Originally Posted by todmac View Post
todd
That's a very great idea. I actually asked my friends what is in their opinion the best shot I have ever taken. I want to print large, at least 24x36 but I'm don't know which shot to pick! I received tons of reply, a lot which I never thought people would say it's my best shot to life!

I think that finding my three best ones would be too hard and a shot that is very emotionally engaged to me but very technically wrong could be my best one, but since none of you would be emotionally engaged in it would find it bad.

This said, I'll look for three shots I took that I really love. Let's keep those ''Top 3'' taken by the 60D everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrowensby View Post
I think this is a great idea... As for when to start? How about Jan 1 -- Maybe someone could start a new thread?
I'd keep this in our thread, that would fill it up a bit! We're doing this between us 60D users, just for fun and showcasing.

But if anyone wants to start a thread for everyone to participate, feel free to do so

Last edited by Rivest : 29th of December 2011 (Thu) at 09:32.
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #53
RSMarco

Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #54
Rivest
Cream of the Crop

Great shots Marco, but I find he borders a bit big and distracting.
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #55
Rivest
Cream of the Crop

Oooh yaaah!

Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #56
todmac

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivest View Post
That's a very great idea. I actually asked my friends what is in their opinion the best shot I have ever taken. I want to print large, at least 24x36 but I'm don't know which shot to pick! I received tons of reply, a lot which I never thought people would say it's my best shot to life!
I think that finding my three best ones would be too hard and a shot that is very emotionally engaged to me but very technically wrong could be my best one, but since none of you would be emotionally engaged in it would find it bad.
This said, I'll look for three shots I took that I really love. Let's keep those ''Top 3'' taken by the 60D everyone
I'd keep this in our thread, that would fill it up a bit! We're doing this between us 60D users, just for fun and showcasing.
But if anyone wants to start a thread for everyone to participate, feel free to do so
Cool I was hoping that others would like the idea. I was thinking that we would give everyone a chance to find the new thread and go through their photos today and we could get started tomorrow (Friday) and go through the weekend. Nick I know you suggested Jan.1 but I'm excited about getting it started so what do you and others think about starting tomorrow? I also agree with David that we should keep it in this thread and among the family of 60Ders anyone else have thoughts?
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #57
jay125
Goldmember

i think i have my 3 lined up. this is a great idea!

gear

feedback
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #58
jay125
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
New to the forum. All feedback welcome.

love this!

gear

feedback
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #59
Rivest
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay125 View Post
i think i have my 3 lined up. this is a great idea!
Well, start the game!
Old 29th of December 2011 (Thu)   #60
mlbsportsman

Closed Thread