Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th of February 2012 (Sun)   #1
EOS mE
Goldmember

Default paypal question...

ok, last night i placed and order online with an online store and it seems the order went through.

however, before the company even sent me a confirmation email, paypal sent me an email with the subject: Information on your declined payment

Unfortunately, you've hit your initial PayPal sending limit of $2,000.00 USD. That's why your recent payment was declined.

Your sending limit is the maximum amount of money you can send or use for purchases before you need to become Verified.

Why do I need to verify my account?

We place initial limits on all accounts to increase security and help prevent fraud. Once you link and confirm a bank account or get approved for PayPal credit, your account will be Verified and you'll be able to make as many payments as you like with PayPal.

WTH... never have I spent close to 1K on paypal.. don't know why they sent me that.

after that, i waited for the online store to send me a confirmation, which never came. and when i log into my paypal, it just show the transaction as pending.

so should i even bother trying to get in touch with paypal to clear that up or just place another order with the online store without using paypal?

anyone had this happen to them?

My Reviews:
KATA 3N1 - 25PL Bag, Dolica CF Tripod ZX600B103

Last edited by EOS mE : 19th of February 2012 (Sun) at 21:04.
EOS mE is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 19th of February 2012 (Sun)   #2
Euro852

Default Re: paypal question...

You should get your paypal verified, they do this to make sure you have enough funds to purchase or do what so ever. many companies prefer verified accounts. I got mine verified a few months ago to buy stuff on POTN and other places online like B&H.
There is something with the word "get verified" in paypal. What they do is, they either charge a dollar into your bank account or credit card, then they sent you a code via e-mail, after you enter it into your account and they will refund you it.

I copied this from my account:
You are now a Verified PayPal user. In addition to increased security, buyers and sellers value your Verified status because it indicates you have passed PayPal security checks. Most importantly, you can now send unlimited payments with your PayPal account.

Last edited by Euro852 : 19th of February 2012 (Sun) at 21:12.
Euro852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th of February 2012 (Sun)   #3
EOS mE
Goldmember

honestly, i'm not very comfortable with paypal and especially linking it to my bank account.

paypal hides their customer service phone number and its very hard to reach someone live there.

so since i got this email, that basically mean that my payment didn't go through? before i always link it to my credit card, so there shouldn't be any issue with funding.

My Reviews:
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 19th of February 2012 (Sun)   #4
Euro852

Yes, your transaction with the place you buying from didn't go through, no payment. Verified accounts it's just for security for companies, and there is no limit for funds going out.

PayPal Customer Service:
1-888-221-1161
1-402-935-2050 (if calling from outside the U.S.)

4:00 AM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday
6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time Saturday and Sunday
Please note that hours of operation may vary on holidays
Old 19th of February 2012 (Sun)   #5
EOS mE
Goldmember

awesome.. thanks charles!! since the fund didn't go through, not sure if i should place a new order and just tell the online store to cancel the one i place before.

My Reviews:
Old 19th of February 2012 (Sun)   #6
bps
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOS mE View Post
awesome.. thanks charles!! since the fund didn't go through, not sure if i should place a new order and just tell the online store to cancel the one i place before.
I'd simply contact the store and ask them what they want you to do. Pretty easy and the most surefire solution...

Bryan
Old 19th of February 2012 (Sun)   #7
EOS mE
Goldmember

thanks bryan.. i'll do that then.

Edit: quick update. just spoke with paypal from the number charles gave, the CSR was very nice, but would not lift the limit unless i open up a credit card or link to my savings or checking. she said the funds went through so i'm waiting for the online store to send me a confirmation. the online store CSR said they got it too, so we'll wait and see. thanks for all your help.. looks like i won't be using paypal anymore.

My Reviews:

Last edited by EOS mE : 20th of February 2012 (Mon) at 10:41.
Old 21st of February 2012 (Tue)   #8
Euro852

Funds went through? Wow. Did you can a email confirmation from paypal when you paid, if you did, it did go through. Sorry about that. Paypal is not too bad, I like it because many stores uses it sometimes I get funds from my work so extra buck to use.
Old 21st of February 2012 (Tue)   #9
EOS mE
Goldmember

well, not sure if the funds went through yet or not because the online store hasn't shipped it yet, so until they ship, they won't charge.

ebay said the fund went through, just waiting for the online store to capture the payment. so hopefully we'll see that tomorrow.

My Reviews: