Any Aftershot users?

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 22 Feb 2012 (Wednesday) 03:45   
LIST NEARBY THREADS

sbkanut
Joined Jan 2012
440 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

I purchased this program not too long ago, and want to love it, but it keep crashing on me! GRRRR.... Any other users have this problem? I'm thinking I might have to purchase Lightroom afterall if I can't get it figured out.

Also, would love to hear what everyone thinks of this program overall?? I'm a newbie, and have Lightroom Beta downloaded, and AS. I'm not sure Lightroom does much more?

TIA!

Post #1, Feb 22, 2012 03:45:04

Facebookexternal link

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
garryknight
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2008
1,916 posts
London, UK
[MORE/SHARE]

Lightroom has the Clarity slider (for local contrast enhancement) which AP doesn't have, despite requests to Bibble Labs, the original creators of the program. It might be possible to reproduce this with a sharpening plugin, using the regular sharpening set to 1 to 2 pixels radius, and the plugin set to something more like 20-40. But if you don't need Clarity, you don't need Lightroom. Besides, Adobe Camera Raw has a Clarity slider.

Anyway, I have been using the program on and off (more off than on) since I bought Bibble version 4 and got the free upgrade to version 5 (had to pay for AP, though, albeit with a discount). I haven't had it crash so far, but I only use the Linux version now and again to save having to reboot into Windows.

The only thing I can suggest is that you ask in the Corel Aftershot Pro forumexternal link. If you're using 64-bit Windows 7, there's a threadexternal link there that might interest you.

Post #2, Feb 22, 2012 14:03:50

Garry Knight
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/garryknight/external link
Samsung NX2000 CSC, 20-50mm kit lens, 50-200mm OIS; Nikon D5100, AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR, Sigma DC 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OS HSM, AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6 ED VR, AF-S 50mm f/1.8G; plus a Canon SX220 HS compact and a Galaxy Camera

lcn
Mostly Lurking
Joined Feb 2008
17 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Not had many crashes with AfterShot. The ones I've had has been plugin related. Check the Corel aftershot forum and also upgrade any installed plugins if any.

Post #3, Feb 26, 2012 17:38:01

See my blog at snart.comexternal link

sbkanut
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2012
440 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Thank you both for the advice and links. Off to check them out :)

Post #4, Mar 03, 2012 05:04:19

Facebookexternal link

LIST NEARBY THREADS
731 views & 0 likes for this thread
Any Aftershot users?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES