2,021 posts
West Central Indiana
[MORE/SHARE]

Without further delay, the results are in:

1st Todd Lambert
2nd Kristy
3rd Airbutchie
HM MSJGD

Congrats to all. Please pick up your prizes at the door.

I'll post comments tomorrow. It has been a long day.

Post #826, Feb 28, 2012 22:08:39 as a reply to post 13986682

Name: Kevin
Follow my daily work at www.ks-images.comexternal link and feel free to C&C anything I post.
Gear List
More money than skill - but I'm working on it

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)
Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
Joined May 2009
12,504 posts
On The Roads Across America
[MORE/SHARE]

Wow, awesome! Thank you judges!

I wasn't sure if you'd like that shot or not. ;-)a

This has definitely brightened my day up. I'm currently sitting in a hospital room waiting to find out how messed up my heart is. I was brought in yesterday with an irregular heartbeat and have been under observation since. I'm supposed to go in for heart surgery as early as next week - so this has definitely put a smile on my face which has been hard to come by lately. Thanks everyone!

Post #827, Feb 29, 2012 13:42:22

» America By Twilight - The Ultimate Photography Roadtripexternal link

I’m now living and working full-time on-the-road across the highways of America.
Accompanied by “Montana”, a beautiful Golden Irish who goes everywhere that I do.
Follow along on this modern journey to explore America by Twilightexternal link

tonylong
do I really have to respond?
Joined Sep 2007
53,001 posts
Vancouver, WA USA
[MORE/SHARE]

Wow, Todd, congrats but sorry to hear about your problems!

Post #828, Feb 29, 2012 15:14:22

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBaseexternal link
Wildlife project pics hereexternal link, Biking Photog shoots hereexternal link, "Suburbia" project hereexternal link! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics hereexternal link

airbutchie
Cream of the Crop
Joined Oct 2006
10,318 posts
Monrovia, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

All the best to you, Todd... Prayers with a speedy recovery coming from SoCal, my friend...

:D

Post #829, Feb 29, 2012 15:22:51

Hi. My name is Butch...
Complete Gear List | Flickr Vaultexternal link

Kristy
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2005
10,536 posts
A dream world where nothing is what it seems.
[MORE/SHARE]

uggh... sorry to hear it Todd... :( Have they given you a diagnosis yet? Just curious...

I have had irregular heart rythms and tachycardia in the last couple of years.. but they say it's benign. Went through all kinds of tests and junk to find it just an electrical problem. They said if it becomes too bothersome for me I can do an ablation.. but I'm staying away from that. I can live with it.. lol...

Things that make it worse for me though.. stress, hormonal swings..(love being female..haha)..., and lack of sleep... and something in red wine.. which is a bummer because I loved having a glass of cabernet at night. I think something in the sulfates is the culprit.. I have an occasional glass but no more than one.

Hope your feeling okay and try to relax... I'm convinced that worrying about it makes it worse... xanax helps in a pinch.. ;)

Post #830, Feb 29, 2012 15:32:19

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away.
~George Carlin
Kristy :D 5D MkIII, 24-70 / f2.8 L, 2 AB800's, and some modifiers.
www.ksnyderphoto.comexternal link

sponsored links
Harm
TF Fink
Joined Jan 2008
47,435 posts
[MORE/SHARE]

Todd Lambert wrote in post #13991387external link

This has definitely brightened my day up. I'm currently sitting in a hospital room waiting to find out how messed up my heart is. I was brought in yesterday with an irregular heartbeat and have been under observation since. I'm supposed to go in for heart surgery as early as next week - so this has definitely put a smile on my face which has been hard to come by lately. Thanks everyone!

Wow, sorry to hear that Todd!!

Blame those aliens who abducted you, and then subjected you to some form of experimentation, when you went to bum**** middle of nowhere to get those awesome space shots for making your heart getting too excited!

Speedy recovery my friend!

Post #831, Feb 29, 2012 15:37:35 as a reply to Kristy's post 5 minutes earlier.

SmugMugexternal link

airbutchie
Cream of the Crop
Joined Oct 2006
10,318 posts
Monrovia, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

Since Todd place first and is willing to bypass this round of scores, it'll be my honor to fill in for him as 'point person' for this week...

Let me know, Todd... I've got your back!!!

:D

Post #832, Feb 29, 2012 15:57:01

Hi. My name is Butch...
Complete Gear List | Flickr Vaultexternal link

PINNACLE
Joined Oct 2010
626 posts
Nr Guildford, England
[MORE/SHARE]

Todd I love your photo and it got top marks from me. It is stunning!!!

I hope you feel better soon and make the most of the nurses looking after you (photos please) only for LMSYS of course.

Post #833, Feb 29, 2012 16:03:36

Don't leave home without your 70-300L
PINNACLE PHOTO LOGexternal link on Flickr
Canon 1DMKiv, Canon G15, 24-105mmL, 70-300mmL, 430EXii, 580EXii & a nifty

macroshot
Stuck by a stickie
Joined Sep 2007
2,983 posts
nacho cheese
[MORE/SHARE]

Congrats to the winners this week. Hope the excitement doesn't put anyone else into the hospital! :)

Post #834, Feb 29, 2012 18:54:50 as a reply to PINNACLE's post 2 hours earlier.

I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed.
~ Garry Winogrand

lavanut
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2007
1,919 posts
Duluth, GA
[MORE/SHARE]

Hey Todd, hope you're doing better now!! Have they figured it out yet? I have the same thing Kristy mentioned. They call it SVT or supraventricular tachycardia. I can be sitting or lying down, and my heart will suddenly get up to 180-200 bpm, like someone flicked on a switch. It might last for a few seconds or up to an hour. It's annoying, aggravating, and sometimes scary, but just as with Kristy, the docs said mine was benign too. Just as suddenly as it starts, it will stop and return to a normal rhythm, again just like flicking a switch. It still freaks me out a little when it happens, but it's not life threatening. I've lived with it for most of my life now. I hope your situation is just an annoyance and not life altering! I'm sending good vibes!!

BTW, that was a way cool shot this week too, Todd. Congrats on the win!!

Congrats to Kristy and airbutchie and MSJDG too!!

I plan to get a shot in this week. Work's been insane again lately and had me swamped...

Post #835, Feb 29, 2012 19:29:40 as a reply to macroshot's post 34 minutes earlier.

My Gear List

Jason ­ C
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2007
3,989 posts
Calabasas, CA
[MORE/SHARE]

I'm currently sitting in a hospital room waiting to find out how messed up my heart is. I was brought in yesterday with an irregular heartbeat and have been under observation since. I'm supposed to go in for heart surgery as early as next week - so this has definitely put a smile on my face which has been hard to come by lately. Thanks everyone!

Get that ticker taken care of, because a heart that is as big as yours needs to be in tip top shape!

Don not worry about scoring the LMSYS this week, have the nurse do it for you!!! ;)

Get well and get 'er done! :)

Jason C

Post #836, Feb 29, 2012 21:59:20

Equipment & Feedback
"I am not interested in shooting new things-I am interested to see things new"--Ernst Haas

sponsored links
Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
Joined Apr 2008
7,216 posts
On a sunny hillside grazing in the grass.
[MORE/SHARE]

Congrats to all of the winners.

Todd, hope everything gets squared away without any further problems. I want to see more of your night shots.

Post #837, Feb 29, 2012 23:27:20

Tim

Flickr external link

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
Joined May 2009
12,504 posts
On The Roads Across America
[MORE/SHARE]

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the words and wishes. I just got home, they released me because they were tired of me trying to shoot out the room's windows and me always asking them to turn the lights off in the Cardiac ward. [Shrugs] whatever! ;-)a

I am going back on Mon for further testing and then most likely will be going in some time after that for surgery and hopefully an ablation, that could potentially fix everything, I'm told. So, we'll see.

I do have a killer shot setup for Tomorrow night, a bunch of old train cars out in the middle of nowhere, so I am excited to get out and shoot.

Anyways, thanks again for warm wishes. I hope this will be over soon. I should be able to judge still (I finally won, so I want to live up to my duties!)

Post #838, Mar 01, 2012 10:09:43

» America By Twilight - The Ultimate Photography Roadtripexternal link

I’m now living and working full-time on-the-road across the highways of America.
Accompanied by “Montana”, a beautiful Golden Irish who goes everywhere that I do.
Follow along on this modern journey to explore America by Twilightexternal link

PINNACLE
Joined Oct 2010
626 posts
Nr Guildford, England
[MORE/SHARE]

Todd glad to hear you are home.
I had sent my c&c to Big K earlier but if he does not post by the morning I will also trying to pick a photo

Post #839, Mar 01, 2012 16:28:31

Don't leave home without your 70-300L
PINNACLE PHOTO LOGexternal link on Flickr
Canon 1DMKiv, Canon G15, 24-105mmL, 70-300mmL, 430EXii, 580EXii & a nifty

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
Joined May 2007
32,470 posts
Oak Park, Illinois
[MORE/SHARE]

Todd that SUCKS. I hope they take good care of ya, figure out what it is and get it straightened out soon.

Post #840, Mar 01, 2012 18:07:06

LIST NEARBY THREADS
42,298 views & 0 likes for this thread
LMSYS III - Photo discussion thread
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

NOT A MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO FORUMS

CHANGE BODY TEXT SIZE FOR ALL THREAD PAGES