Canon Digital Photography Forums  

Go Back   Canon Digital Photography Forums > 'Sharing Knowhow' section > The POTN Lounge
Register Rules FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th of March 2012 (Fri)   #46
joeblack2022
Goldmember

Default Re: The Fatographers get fysically Phit thread.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeaanuut View Post
Damn, im a fat ass. 59 BMI. Shouldnt I be dead?
But you're not - so keep going!

I managed to get outside for a run for the first time this year yesterday, was sunny but breezy. Gotta man up again after being a wimp all winter...
joeblack2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of March 2012 (Fri)   #47
alex.hondsmerk

I've just been hit with a strange longing to do a triathlon. Must be something to do with the sunny weather... It would make a change from rowing I suppose!
Old 30th of March 2012 (Fri)   #48
megawatz

If any of you are interested, I've found this to be helpful bringing my endurance up!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
megawatz is offline   Reply With Quote
This ad block will go away when you log in as member
Old 30th of March 2012 (Fri)   #49
DeaconG

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatz View Post
If any of you are interested, I've found this to be helpful bringing my endurance up!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
Ah, interval training...that's next on my list. Great chart!
Old 30th of March 2012 (Fri)   #50
alex.hondsmerk

We have the joys of Fartlek training (don't laugh) to contend with at my rowing club. It's like interval training but more continuous and for longer durations...
Old 1st of April 2012 (Sun)   #51
jra
Cream of the Crop

Signing up for an upcoming local event such as a 5k, 10k, half marathon or marathon is a great way to stay motivated. You don't have to be a world class athlete to participate in these events.....in fact, in most events, you would find yourself in plenty of company if you could keep up a brisk walk.
Old 2nd of April 2012 (Mon)   #52
Jericobot
Cream of the Crop

Keep it up y'all. I did the warrior dash last weekend, been playing bball twice a week and at least one night of running. Working on my diet at he same time as well. I now fit into some clothes I've been saving tower eventually. Will power and goals fellas, keep it up
Old 2nd of April 2012 (Mon)   #53
jra
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericobot View Post
Keep it up y'all. I did the warrior dash last weekend,
I think I'm going to try that.....I've heard that it's a lot of fun
Old 4th of April 2012 (Wed)   #54
JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP

I recently got diagnosed with adult diabetes. My doctor put me on a no carb diet and ordered exercise. I'm 6'4" and have been over 250 lbs for the past 20+ years. Now I am at 204 lbs and walking 2.5 miles every day. The last time I saw 204 was 30 years ago when I passed it on the way up

As for improving my photography effort...a decided yes! I have more energy and stamina than I have ever had. I shoot weddings and that is an all day affair...I now have the umph to stay with it all day
5D, 30D, 7D, G11, 10-22MM EF-S, 50MM f/1.4 EF, 70-200MM f/2.8 L IS MKII, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 100MM f/2.8 EF Macro, Sigma 30MM f/1.4, 135MM EF f/2 L, 24-105MM f/4 EF L IS, 17-40MM f/4 EF L, 85MM f/1.2 EFL, 15MM f/2.8 EF Fisheye
JimAskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th of April 2012 (Wed)   #55
jra
Cream of the Crop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAskew View Post
I recently got diagnosed with adult diabetes. My doctor put me on a no carb diet and ordered exercise. I'm 6'4" and have been over 250 lbs for the past 20+ years. Now I am at 204 lbs and walking 2.5 miles every day. The last time I saw 204 was 30 years ago when I passed it on the way up

As for improving my photography effort...a decided yes! I have more energy and stamina than I have ever had. I shoot weddings and that is an all day affair...I now have the umph to stay with it all day
Awesome story! Keep with it and you'll be under 200 real soon
Old 4th of April 2012 (Wed)   #56
Littlejon Dsgn
Goldmember

Good to hear I am not the only one working on dropping some weight. I am down about 15lbs right now, started at 315 and on Saturday (my last time on the scale) I was at 300. I am 6'3" so I hide it fairly good but I see it. I was a 3 sport athlete in high school (football, wrestling and field events) but life hit lol. Now my soon to be wife and I are on a goal to get back into shape for summer (and Hawaii in 8 days and wedding in August).

Along with a food diet we put ourselves on a financial diet as well which has helped cut out the fast food and junk food. We have traded in Soda for water, cut back on the adult beverages and try to be as active as we can. There are some nights that we just physicaly cant do a workout but we crab our books and head to the sauna ... something is better then nothing.

She is down to her lowest in 5 years and I am into pants that I have not worn in close to that same time frame. My first goal was 300, next is 285 then 249 (at 250lbs I can skydive).
Littlejon Dsgn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th of April 2012 (Wed)   #57
alex.hondsmerk

Good work Scott; just take it a little at a time and you'll be surprised how quickly you reach your goals. I was 115kg aged 13, and now I'm 82kg at 18 and 6'2" Cut out the high-calorie, low-nutrition foods and it makes a massive difference.
Anyway, I'm off on crew camp tomorrow... We do so much rowing I get to eat over 5000 calories a day
Old 4th of April 2012 (Wed)   #58
Littlejon Dsgn
Goldmember

Man wish I could be back where I was at 18 lol, I was about 200lbs but I had next to no fat lol. Now sometimes I think I have next to no muscle lol .... I do surprise myself from time to time with the strength I still have Just feels like less when you toss 100 extra pounds on top of the muscle.

Jumped on the leg press and was able to lift more two weeks ago then I ever had in H.S. and I was in the weight room 5 days a week then
Old 4th of April 2012 (Wed)   #59
JimAskew
20% discount at IHOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlejon Dsgn View Post
Good to hear I am not the only one working on dropping some weight. I am down about 15lbs right now, started at 315 and on Saturday (my last time on the scale) I was at 300. I am 6'3" so I hide it fairly good but I see it. I was a 3 sport athlete in high school (football, wrestling and field events) but life hit lol. Now my soon to be wife and I are on a goal to get back into shape for summer (and Hawaii in 8 days and wedding in August).

Along with a food diet we put ourselves on a financial diet as well which has helped cut out the fast food and junk food. We have traded in Soda for water, cut back on the adult beverages and try to be as active as we can. There are some nights that we just physicaly cant do a workout but we crab our books and head to the sauna ... something is better then nothing.

She is down to her lowest in 5 years and I am into pants that I have not worn in close to that same time frame. My first goal was 300, next is 285 then 249 (at 250lbs I can skydive).
Scott...cut the carbs and 30 minutes of walking a night will make a big difference. And, after a month or so the cravings for french fries and pancakes will diminish!
5D, 30D, 7D, G11, 10-22MM EF-S, 50MM f/1.4 EF, 70-200MM f/2.8 L IS MKII, 17-55MM f/2.8 EF-S IS, 100MM f/2.8 EF Macro, Sigma 30MM f/1.4, 135MM EF f/2 L, 24-105MM f/4 EF L IS, 17-40MM f/4 EF L, 85MM f/1.2 EFL, 15MM f/2.8 EF Fisheye
JimAskew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th of April 2012 (Wed)   #60
Littlejon Dsgn
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAskew View Post
Scott...cut the carbs and 30 minutes of walking a night will make a big difference. And, after a month or so the cravings for french fries and pancakes will diminish!
Lucky for me the french fries have no power over me ... or pancakes for that matter lol. We were on a road trip and grabbed my daughter a happy meal a few weeks ago (first time at Mcdonalds in months, grabbed a fry and could not figure out why I ever thought they were good lol. Even the kiddo said it did not tast good anymore (she has not asked for mcdonalds again yet )

The weather is starting to get a bit better around here now and walking is becoming a possability again ... and with 3 dogs we go for walks as much as we can. Also a trip our our block is a little over 5 miles (live in the country).